Fox Sports Player swap with Manly

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not. Morrin started off the bench last week, came on in the backrow then shifted to front row. Barely used. You telling me replacing him with Bullemor would not be an upgrade?

May as well use Ox in this example as well. Came off the bench and provided a total of 7 shirt grabs, 1 missed shirt grab that led to a try and...wait for it...5 hit ups in 43 mins.

We are not asking for Bullemor to be the next David Fifita. There's a specific role a forward needs to play off the bench and IMO he is the perfect fit for that.

Simplify your thinking, footy is not that complicated and neither is life.
I don’t see Bullemor as a signing that helps us win any more games. He plays for Manly because they have so much cap tied up in a few positions they need to save somewhere.
If you want to compare where players appear in their team’s depth chart then Corey Waddell is a more realistic comparison. Don’t know about salaries as they aren’t public

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see Bullemor as a signing that helps us win any more games. He plays for Manly because they have so much cap tied up in a few positions they need to save somewhere.
If you want to compare where players appear in their team’s depth chart then Corey Waddell is a more realistic comparison. Don’t know about salaries as they aren’t public
He would cost us peanuts if its a player swap for this season.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would cost us peanuts if its a player swap for this season.
That would be a typical Hasler era signing that fills a roster spot but doesn’t add anything significant to the team. Considering our injury toll Harrison Edwards has acquitted himself well enough for the role he is being asked to play.
We are better off trying to find another Preston than a guy who we have seen play in the league for crappy teams and hasnt moved the needle

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ethan Bullemor would be my guess
Sipley, Keppie would be my realistic picks for experienced forwards, but I’d equally take Samuela Fainu or Villi Fifita both 6’4 and around 110kg

Bullemor would be a solid pick up - Schuster gives us a creative option at lock

Paseka or Olakau’uatu would be amazing but not happening

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bullemor looks like same situation with Corey Waddell.

Brilliant junior form but fell off progressing their career after going to Manly.

Probably not Big Dog enough for what we need, and we seem to have others better in Cup, but he does fit into the Gus/Ciro mould of untaped skilfull players wanting to get their game on.
Perfect way to sum up our void, we need a big dog. Even TPJ isn’t consistent in this regard and his work rate is nowhere near where it should be

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sipley, Keppie would be my realistic picks for experienced forwards, but I’d equally take Samuela Fainu or Villi Fifita both 6’4 and around 110kg

Didn’t that Fifita go to dragons in a swap for woods

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a typical Hasler era signing that fills a roster spot but doesn’t add anything significant to the team. Considering our injury toll Harrison Edwards has acquitted himself well enough for the role he is being asked to play.
We are better off trying to find another Preston than a guy who we have seen play in the league for crappy teams and hasnt moved the needle
….it’s for one year

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t that Fifita go to dragons in a swap for woods
No idea but could be the case.

Either way, we need some bigger bodies. With the exception of Pele, Patolo and Sam Hughes, the rest of our talent pool are tipping the scales thereabouts equal to a “backrower“

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

V. Fifita already at Dragon. 3 year deal.

Sipley and Keppie wouldn't really do too much for us. Bullemor would be a decent 35 minute prop but we need to add higher quality to our middle. From what it looks like there is no trade tho.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
V. Fifita already at Dragon. 3 year deal.

Sipley and Keppie wouldn't really do too much for us. Bullemor would be a decent 35 minute prop but we need to add higher quality to our middle. From what it looks like there is no trade tho.
I feel like South’s are ripe for the picking, some good forwards in their stable and they can’t fit them all under the cap. Cronulla are stacked in the forwards, they have some surplus to look at and teams like Dragons, Tigers and Cowboys are increasingly vulnerable with their sh!t-shows and poor performances this season.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect way to sum up our void, we need a big dog. Even TPJ isn’t consistent in this regard and his work rate is nowhere near where it should be
I disagree
….it’s for one year
it adds nothing to the team long term. Patolo returns in round 12 and is off contract this year. I think we need to give him an opportunity to prove he deserves another deal.
Bullemor is a plodder and is not the type of player we should be signing

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree

it adds nothing to the team long term. Patolo returns in round 12 and is off contract this year. I think we need to give him an opportunity to prove he deserves another deal.
Bullemor is a plodder and is not the type of player we should be signing
I have accepted everyone has an opinion and I guess this is yours so thanks for sharing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine getting Haumole on the books :hearteyes: Top 8 baby !!!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
the Flanagun deal is off he isn't going to manly this season

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the Flanagun deal is off he isn't going to manly this season
Love the fact Gus despises Rothfield so much he probably said “fu<k it, no deal” just to prove that ar$ehole wrong!

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love the fact Gus despises Rothfield so much he probably said “fu<k it, no deal” just to prove that ar$ehole wrong!
it doesn't make sense to get rid of him now when he's gone at the seasons end despite how shit he is we may need to play him again at some point if we get injuries to any of our halves.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesn't make sense to get rid of him now when he's gone at the seasons end despite how shit he is we may need to play him again at some point if we get injuries to any of our halves.
I actually think he could play a role off the bench in the no 14 as a utility. With a simplified role he could help spell Mahoney at hooker and take on that additional defensive load. We have nothing to lose in trialling him in the Kurt Mann/Cam McInnes/ B Smith at the Roosters role.
I’m not convinced Reynolds is actually a great on field contributor to this team and he really should be at best the emergency most weeks

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually think he could play a role off the bench in the no 14 as a utility. With a simplified role he could help spell Mahoney at hooker and take on that additional defensive load. We have nothing to lose in trialling him in the Kurt Mann/Cam McInnes/ B Smith at the Roosters role.
I’m not convinced Reynolds is actually a great on field contributor to this team and he really should be at best the emergency most weeks
I suppose so but he's probs best to improve on that in nsw cup for the next few weeks