Official Player stats

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopoate is a beast. He showed us all that mbye is a scam. His biggest strength for me is his ability to create attacking plays. Hence why he is a clear winner for line break assists and offloads. Very important areas for us moving forward
The interesting thing your post made me remember is that Hoppa didn't play the full season at number 1, his stats would be even stronger if he did.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have always felt that Hoppa would be a walk up start for any starting 13 in the NRL and these stats show why, he gets through a huge amount of work during a game, every game.
I still see many comments he is too slow etc and people are entitled to their opinion on who is the best option at fullback I suppose.
I will tell you this for nothing, Hoppa was hands down a better fullback than Mbye and after reading for the two seasons the “experts” on the kennel saying how Mbye would kill it at fullback and Des was a shit **** for not playing Mbye at fullback. I don’t know if the kennel has the best judgement.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will lose it if I see one more shit post about Hoppa, easily one of our most important players.
Yet he still doesn't have a defined positioned. Too slow for FB. Not agile enough for centre. Not big enough for backrow. Great footballer but what a headache.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet he still doesn't have a defined positioned. Too slow for FB. Not agile enough for centre. Not big enough for backrow. Great footballer but what a headache.
His position is quite defined for me, he's the designated fullback, the incumbent, who had a very solid season, the obvious #1. Until someone else comes along that's demonstrably better than Hopoate then he's an easy pick, doesn't stress even my limited brain power let alone give me a headache.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His position is quite defined for me, he's the designated fullback, the incumbent, who had a very solid season, the obvious #1. Until someone else comes along that's demonstrably better than Hopoate then he's an easy pick, doesn't stress even my limited brain power let alone give me a headache.

Go Dogs
7 yrs coming and we haven't had an all round consistent FB.... Let that tinker with your limited brain power.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
7 yrs coming and we haven't had an all round consistent FB....
Sorry, 7 years ..................... I'm not sure what your point is? We won the JJ Giltinan Shield in 2012 and then made the finals every year until 2017 and were Runners Up twice. There's plenty of Clubs that would like half that record. Not to say that we all don't want more, it's been a long time since 2004.

Go Dogs

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, 7 years ..................... I'm not sure what your point is? We won the JJ Giltinan Shield in 2012 and then made the finals every year until 2017 and were Runners Up twice. There's plenty of Clubs that would like half that record. Not to say that we all don't want more, it's been a long time since 2004.

Go Dogs
Thats nice, I used to sound all positive and optimistic like you once upon a time. I even used to defend Hasler just to keep the peace amongst fans but yeah realism came to the table.

I do agree it is a great record but considering we went all in and went bust tells you it wasn't really a good bet was it.

At the end of the day we are rebuilding aren't we? My point is REBUILD means find that LONG TERM ALL ROUND FB ALREADY!!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always felt that Hoppa would be a walk up start for any starting 13 in the NRL and these stats show why, he gets through a huge amount of work during a game, every game.
I still see many comments he is too slow etc and people are entitled to their opinion on who is the best option at fullback I suppose.
I will tell you this for nothing, Hoppa was hands down a better fullback than Mbye and after reading for the two seasons the “experts” on the kennel saying how Mbye would kill it at fullback and Des was a shit **** for not playing Mbye at fullback. I don’t know if the kennel has the best judgement.
Still think mbye is one of the most talented athletes in the game. His athleticism is not a question. He is strong and quick. His issue is his mental space and motivation. The bloke shows no emotion on the field. He plays as if he is only giving it 55pc. He looks tired at times and as if he is playing just for work. Inconsistency is big for him. Forget about performing consistently weekly the bloke fades in and out even in games. I think most kennelers eventually realised this and when hopoate took over fb we realised athleticism isn't everything