Fox Sports Player Managers (Isaac Moses)

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.zerotackle.com/whats-going-on-at-newcastle-48062/

Things are getting ugly up in the Hunter region.

The way the club has handled coach Nathan Brown’s departure plus the lack of support from the players has left many media pundits scratching their heads.

And this is just off the field drama…

On-field, the Knights have capitulated in the last two months after being situated in the top four during the midway point of the season.

Last week they were belted 46-4 by the Wests Tigers, which saw coach Nathan Brown offer to leave two weeks early. His offer was refused.

The panel on NRL 360 on Fox League of Phil Rothfield and Paul Kent came out swinging on Monday night with their words on how badly the Knights have handled the past two months on and off the field.

“I just want to see some honesty out of Newcastle,” Kent said.

“And this mob, for them to sit there and sell this crap argument last week about: ‘well it’s a professional game, a coach moving on, that’s part of the business we’re in.’

“It was embarrassing.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield sided with Kent though took a step further saying they don’t have the right captain in Mitchell Pearce.

“What they lack, outside of courage, is leadership,” said Rothfield.

“I’m talking Mitchell Pearce leadership; I don’t think he’s a first-grade NRL captain.”

Kent also revealed some interesting news on Tuesday, suggesting club boss Phil Gardner has told Kalyn Ponga’s father the club won’t offer him a new deal until Ponga has a new agent.

“At the same time [Adam] O’Brien was being wooed, Ponga, the Knights superstar, began seeking an upgrade and extension to his contract,” Kent wrote in the Daily Telegraph.

“But Gardner told Ponga’s father Andre Ponga they won’t discuss an upgrade while Wayde Rushton remains his manager. Andre Ponga told Rushton this earlier this month, a day before Rushton left for America.

“The reason why Gardner delivered the ultimatum is mysterious. There seems no reasonable explanation.

“Rushton delivered what was then considered a massive deal for the unproven Ponga and has not done him a disservice since.

“It has put Ponga in a position where the sooner he discards Rushton the quicker he gets his upgrade and extension. But they have a contract until October next year.

“At the same time Gardner has told Andre Ponga he can introduce him to another player manager, Isaac Moses.

“Moses happens to also be the manager for O’Brien, soon to be appointed the head coach.”

The Knights will be looking to win their last home game of the season when the last-placed Titans come to town this Saturday at 3pm.

Anyone else feel like this sounds extremely shady?
Why would the club require him to have a new manager?
Some players dont even have a manager.

Worse yet, what is their incentive to push Moses on Ponga?
Seems very fishy. I dont want to see player managers with too much power of control on the game, its a slippery slope.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Moses was the grub that Klemmer signed with as well right?

It makes sense, team up with a powerful agent and he will bring and keep his clients at your club. Happens so much in european soccer.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep. Probz a way to get more players taking $ outside the cap with the manager helping with shady shit

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate this **** Moses he is aids to a club and a pure cock he dobbed Tedesco into nrl when Tedesco left him
He was the puppeteer with klemmer situation
Now he wants Ponga on his books

I had a mate who was signed by him when he was younger and he is something a real germ

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasnt Nick Politis got a no Isaac Moses players at the Roosters policy?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha, the knights airing all their dirty laundry leaving every man and his dog to stick the boot in.

Gotta love it

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Whys everyone whingeing about brown getn the boot. ***** a shit coach end of story

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moses runs the Broncos and Warriors too. Not retaining Klemmer is looking more and more like a smart move by the week. We would have re-signed him on big bucks and Moses would have a foot hold within the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The sooner all the players are contracted through the NRL directly the better. These maggots need to be run out of the game.
We'd get full transperancy then and NRL could correctly and honestly administer the sc and tpa's.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Third party forcing is illegal and any such behavior by Newcastle could be taken to the courts and/or the ACCC.

Highly doubt the truth of this article.
More likely Ponga & his old man think they will get more money with or just want a new agent for other reasons.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Third party forcing is illegal and any such behavior by Newcastle could be taken to the courts and/or the ACCC.

Highly doubt the truth of this article.
More likely Ponga & his old man think they will get more money with or just want a new agent for other reasons.
I wouldn’t be that keen on re-signing Ponga with old management involved if I Newcastle because as soon as he signs with a new manager that manager is going to want a new deal anyway to get his slice of the pie.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be that keen on re-signing Ponga with old management involved if I Newcastle because as soon as he signs with a new manager that manager is going to want a new deal anyway to get his slice of the pie.
Maybe not, but they can't force it is my point.