Pick 2!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is doing the rounds at the moment. There are too many hypotheticals.
  • How good a shot is the hunter? Is the rifle scoped? Does he have standard cartridges/bullets or belt fed? Is he in a vehicle or standing in a field?
  • How long does the fight rage on (10,000 rats are harder to kill due to the numbers, HOWEVER die off in 12-24 months).
  • Rats can't kill by themselves, they need something else (like rabies) to do job for them (except one rat in Africa which poisons itself in process).
  • "Jacko, a 13-pound bull terrier, set the record in 1862 when he killed 100 rats in 5 minutes, 28 seconds." - If my maths are correct thats 2 hours and 17 minutes to destroy all rats using the lions (less if you opt for the wolves).
    I figured: 10,000 rats / 100 in 6 minutes = 100 sessions of 6 minutes. 6 minutes x 100 sessions = 600 minutes. Subtract from that 30 seconds per 100 = 50 minutes. 600 minutes - 50 minutes = 550 minutes. 550 minutes / 4 lions = 137.5 minutes per lion aka 2 hours 17 minutes. Maybe longer though as they are dealing with other dangers as well, HOWEVER rats won't kill a lion.
  • Are the other animals only coming for you or each other as well? One would assume they will attack each other due to primal urges.
  • Are they all there at the same time or arriving at different times? One would assume in droves.
  • There's a Nat Geo Doc on soon (this week I think) showing a leopard/jaguar taking out a full sized croc in the water. Lions are far more deadly.
  • Rats and Eagles will provide nuisance value but cannot kill a man not lion.

Based on this I'd go Hunter and Lions.

*Hunter* Would start shooting the 3 bears first from range within minutes. 3 headshots and they are dead within 6 minutes.
*Hunter* Would then move on to the 5 x Gorillas, killing them within 15 minutes. 20 minutes and all Gorillas are dead.
(this keeps the Crocodiles and Eagles somewhat busy/distracted) Crocs are slower on land anyway so yet to arrive.

*Lions* Meanwhile the 4 lions would start taking out 15 x Wolves, disposing of them in short time as one lion can kill several wolves.
*Hunter* Starts taking out the 10 x Crocodiles one by one with a headshot. Within 30 minutes they are dead.

*Hunter and Lions* Then start attacking and killing the 7 x bulls, disposing of them in little to no time.

Leaving only Rats and Eagles.

*Lions* Start tearing apart the Rats
*Hunter* Starts taking out Eagle feasting on animal carcasses and in the sky.

When done they both start on the others animal.

I've probably put WAAAYYY tooo much thought into this.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr Invisible
Let's assume all the animals are heading for you at the same time but all constrained to their respective speeds.

Let's also assume the priority for all the parties involved are either defending you no matter what or killing you no matter what.

- A swarm of hungry, blood thirsty rats could easily swamp a human, furthermore, what percentage of these rats are going to carry diseases? - Picking the rats is mainly a defensive pick.

- Jacko was a rat baiting dog, trained for the sport and these numbers come from a human controlled event with the rats tipped into a pit. There is no way 4 lions are defending you from those numbers in the open.

What's the primary method going to be for the wolves, lions and bears to kill the rats?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
But if the rats are carrying disease, then it's not the rats killing, but the disease, and the disease would take time to kill, not instantly. Jacko bit is true, but the only way to make a measure on such an incident. Tara the Terrier took out 42 rats a day (600 in a year) in the streets of county Durham. Lions are far more predatory. A single swipe of a paw and a rats dead. Likewise a steel capped boot from the hunter and it's dead. Or stomping them.

The rats may bite, and spread disease and eventual death, but they have a short lifespan as well.

Another thing is how many of the animals are in each others way.

Far too many hypotheticals that it's a real "how long is a piece of string question", without any real answer.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You really know how to take the fun out of things, Mr I.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rats are really not that fragile

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
50 Eagles and 15 Wolves.

I think people here have no idea just how lethal 50 FUCKING EAGLES can be? They can defend your turf from above with what are called "drop shots." In the arctic, arctic gulls (arctic version of seagulls) use drop shots on animals like polar bears to protect their chicks. Their razor-sharp beaks dropping from above onto the bears heads resulting in bleeding and the bears can't possibly defend themselves and leave them alone. If that's what gulls can do, imagine what eagles can do.

Having 50 eagles will defend against all those fuckers. 10 Wolves can surround me in case there are any leaks, and the other 5 wolves can take the sniper out via stealth approach. Then those 5 wolves can join the others surrounding me and protecting me.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Also why are there no snakes on this list? I fucken hate them but one snake bite will kill any of those fuckers in that list.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
50 Eagles and 15 Wolves.

I think people here have no idea just how lethal 50 FUCKING EAGLES can be? They can defending your turf from above with what are called "drop shots." In the arctic, arctic gulls (arctic version of seagulls) use drop shots on animals like polar bears to protect their chicks. Their razor-sharp beaks dropping from above onto the bears heads resulting in bleeding and the bears can't possibly defend themselves and leave them alone.

Having 50 eagles will defend against all those fuckers. 10 Wolves can surround me incase there are any leaks, and the other 5 wolves can take the sniper out via stealth approach.
Yeah the eagles are a really hard counter

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'll take the Eagles and Rats. Get the Eagles to fly me to safety while the rats first kill the hunter and then go after the other animals :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
There has never been a reported death of a human by eagle (or directly rat either), and problem is the eagle needs to get close to attack. Close enough that a swipe from a Lions paw connecting could render them flightless and therefore dead.

A lot of this relies on who can attack from a distance. The only one is the Hunter.

Aside from the Hunter all other animals are relying on close quarters battle/skills to survive. It's that reason I chose the Lions (almost chose the wolves). They hunt in a pack, they are insanely strong/powerful, and outside of the croc have the strongest jaw strength.

One of the only animals on the list (Lion) that can kill almost instantly (the other being the croc). All others can inflict damage but it'll result in a lengthy death.

Would be better if they added options like:
1000 Brown Snakes
50 Hyenas
200 Rhinos

That'd make it rather interesting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think a human comes out of this alive lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think a human comes out of this alive lol.
Raelene Castle would ... she can sneak out of any situation.

But the situation itself could never happen. Some of those animals would be attacking each other on instinct alone.

So by time the attention turned to the human or they got to the human (of which most animals wouldn't be interested in to begin with) the total number of animals on the attack would be vastly reduced.

Unless the humans wearing a suit made of raw meat and cheese.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lion and snipper.. no brainer .

snipper to take out the enemy and lion to finish the job
I think you've watched too much Disney Lion King.
There is no way a lion will ever defend you it's not in their nature. Theyre the kings of the jungle and they're takers.

A sniper is a deranged maniac and will turn on you .

The 2 creatures I'd trust would be the silverback and Eagle.

Silverbacks because I've seen gorillas in the mist and they are so intelligent and eagles because theyre not aggressive as long as you feed them bird seed they'll look after you.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
50 Eagles and 15 Wolves.

I think people here have no idea just how lethal 50 FUCKING EAGLES can be? They can defending your turf from above with what are called "drop shots." In the arctic, arctic gulls (arctic version of seagulls) use drop shots on animals like polar bears to protect their chicks. Their razor-sharp beaks dropping from above onto the bears heads resulting in bleeding and the bears can't possibly defend themselves and leave them alone.

Having 50 eagles will defend against all those fuckers. 10 Wolves can surround me incase there are any leaks, and the other 5 wolves can take the sniper out via stealth approach.
I like the way you think

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you've watched too much Disney Lion King.
There is no way a lion will ever defend you it's not in their nature. Theyre the kings of the jungle and they're takers.

A sniper is a deranged maniac and will turn on you .

The 2 creatures I'd trust would be the silverback and Eagle.

Silverbacks because I've seen gorillas in the mist and they are so intelligent and eagles because theyre not aggressive as long as you feed them bird seed they'll look after you.
Eagles don't eat bird seed lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it would be almost impossible to win in this scenario to be completely honest. But if I was able to choose where I fought and build up some defenses like a fort and a reasonable ring of combustible materials I would have a chance. Out in the open there would almost be two options to combat every choice I made in my selection of defenders. And the other thing to think about would be if the side I was fighting had any intelligence directing them or if they were just attacking according to their natural strategies.

If I had a time to prepare my battle ground I'd build a very sturdy log wall with a roofed sniping platform in the middle and surround the place with brush that could burn for a while to combat the inevitable arrival of the rats. My first pick assuming that the gun he was using had a reasonable rate of fire enough punch to stop most of the larger game and the ability to be reloaded pretty quickly would be the bloke with the gun. My second option would be the bears.

You have 34 targets that are big and reasonably quick and powerful but also prone to taking massive damage at the from a bullet.
10,000 targets that are nimble but fairly easy to kill by squashing or hitting hard enough. They're only a threat if they manage to swarm in mass.
50 targets that are very elusive and can attack and retreat quickly from the air, but are still easy to disable with a solid blow to a wing or their head but probably pretty hard to shoot. but in reality they can't hunt in mass or thery'd get in each others way.

Assuming the hunter could get away about 35-45 shots per minute and at least 25 of them could hit since the animals would likely be charging for the most part. The bulls, Lions, Wolves and Gorillas could be stopped or injured pretty badly from a distance. The wolves are canny and pretty agile so they'd probably offer the hardest targets. But if any of them got through to the attacking zone the bears are more than powerful and durable enough to kill or badly maim them quickly. The Eagles and Rats would present some difficulty due to numbers. But when they got close the fire would slow down and hurt a lot of the rats. Three bears rolling over rats could kill a hell of a lot of rats in a short amount of time, but they'd already have lost some numbers in the fire and assuming a couple of hundred of them did manage to attack the hunter at once the eagles would probably be brushing a lot of them off as well. But they do present the most significant threat in my opinion. The crocs are slow moving out of water and not known for their endurance. So I think they'd take forever to even get close to attacking. The eagles are pretty quick and can offer a lot of hindrance, but they're far from durable. Three bear and two humans swatting them in the air could quickly shatter their hollow bones and disable their flight ability.