Phil Gould

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone thinking Gould should be anywhere near the club needs to think again. People were calling for him to be coaching director, CEO, on the board, fmd no thanks.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gould was right about one thing, Souffs had to stay patient, they almost certainly would have won. They were all over us in the 3rd quarter, but made a couple of key errors and then lost their nerve. If they held it together and threw a couple of serious plays against our edges they would have scored again sooner or later, and it would have been 22-20 instead of 16-26.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould doesn't just say "negative" things (most things are true tbh). He also says things like, "I don't think they deserve the wooden spoon this year", or, "You can't question the effort most weeks". I actually think he likes the club.
He likes us, he is actually biased towards us...he played for us

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously guys. Gus just calls it how he sees it TBH. Most times when he talks negative towards us it’s actually deserving. And when we’re going good he praises us. What he says is nowhere as bad about what some so called bulldog supporters say on here anyway.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was just texting some mates about how much Brandy hates the Dogs. An otherwise great commentator but he has to have some grievances with Canterbury
He wanted to come to Canterbury at the beginning but we already had our "13 imports" so we couldn't fit him in. He has been pissed off ever since.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone listening to this c*** in commentary, how salty does he sound
1600350381933.png
Agreed the guy is a massive tool, but he actually tweeted this in support of our win with his tails between his legs ... I guess once a dog always a dog at heart somehow somewhere? HAHA go the DOGGIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
it was laughed off when souths were out for the first try but when souths were binned it was an impassioned defense

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandy has praised us the last few weeks said we don’t deserve the spoon and we have been better then most teams , praised us all games but spoke the truth when they started creeping back , Gould loves us , always has .

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally i thought Gould and Johns wanted us to loose last night.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Was just texting some mates about how much Brandy hates the Dogs. An otherwise great commentator but he has to have some grievances with Canterbury
He doesn't hate the Dogs. He just says that we have poor options. Yeah it gets boring, but it's the truth.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard
Youd think a relative was involved at port of coffs the way the **** carrys on. We could be up 80 0 against penrith next week and hed still be picking away

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
i havent watched channel 9 in 5 years, can you give me a short version of what he said
What he said was:

The Dogs lack forwards who can punch through the defence, but RFM and Chris Smith showed promise.

The attack was too predictable, keeping the ball for settlers through the forwards, then the same kick on the fifth. There were too many wasted opportunities giving the ball to the forwards, when moving it around was starting to open up the Souths defence. A bit of variation would improve their attack.

The defence was good, and had Souths contained, but couldn't withstand the pressure of back to back to back sets defending on their line.

20 points was not enough for the Dogs to hold onto and win. They needed to score more points, but didn't look like they had any plan other than to defend the lead - they needed to attack more and close the game out.

He liked Averillo, and reckons he has a future.

He thought the ref was handing repeat sets to the Bunnies like smarties. Couldn't work out why some were given.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Freddy was actually cheering for us LOL
Freddy could see we were trying, but struggling. Both he and Gould reckon the Dogs didn't deserve to be wooden spooners. They were saying we lost some games due to lack of experience and ability to hold onto a lead, but there were worse teams ahead of us who were more deserving of the spoon.
They both thought the Dogs deserved the win, but feared the usual collapse in the final 20 minutes of the game. Smith scoring his try made a win possible, and the tenacity of our defence, keeping the Bunnies scoreless after we reached 26 points, had them excited about the Dogs for the first time.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould doesn't just say "negative" things (most things are true tbh). He also says things like, "I don't think they deserve the wooden spoon this year", or, "You can't question the effort most weeks". I actually think he likes the club.
Na he he doesn’t had a few subtle digs Last night he’s a fukn toss he has nothing to do with panthers anymore yet still feels the need to open his fat mouth and move his triple chin to tell barret he’s making a mistake coming over