Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you are forgetting the chris anderson melbourne storm activity

while gould tried for many years to buy a premiership with the roosters throughout the 90's, chris anderson immediately went down and delivered one to the storm
Remember that BOTH the Storm & Dragons that year were allowed to have a far larger salary cap than the other teams due to one being new & the other merged.

cc @alchemist

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Remember that BOTH the Storm & Dragons that year were allowed to have a far larger salary cap than the other teams due to one being new & the other merged.
but the broncos and roosters were allowed to have a far larger salary cap due to them being the roosters and the broncos

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was no salary cap at the time and the Storm had a great team. Easily the best forward pack in the NRL.
There was. The salary cap started in 1990 (& the Raiders doubled theirs in the 1st year & only got a fine when winning the comp). Yes it was after the war, but there definitely was a salary cap, just different ones for existing clubs & merged / new teams.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
and rightly so,
the flop bullfrog sacked him the second he won a premiership for his son in law.

and he was told itll happen as soon as Chris was ready and he didnt believe it but it did
How fucking dare you call Bullfrog a “flop” you good for nothing, dole bludging piece of ****! WTF have you ever achieved compared to Bullfrog? Yeah thats right SWEET FUCK ALL! No true Bulldogs supporter would ever call Bullfrog that so Fuck off back to Souths forever you oxygen theif germ.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How fucking dare you call Bullfrog a “flop” you good for nothing, dole bludging piece of ****! WTF have you ever achieved compared to Bullfrog? Yeah thats right SWEET FUCK ALL! No true Bulldogs supporter would ever call Bullfrog that so Fuck off back to Souths forever you oxygen theif germ.
Too right. Calling bullfrog that name deserves a ban.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and rightly so,
the flop bullfrog sacked him the second he won a premiership for his son in law.

and he was told itll happen as soon as Chris was ready and he didnt believe it but it did
I know a lot of peeps will be agitated by this comment but I think everyone should also be entitled to their opinions on all things football.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting move by both the Club and Goulding. I wish Gus every success in helping us achieve competitiveness again. Was beginning to think that was a forlorn dream. Goulds emphasis on development and his ability to drive culture is 2nd to none. There's few more switched on more influential figures in the NRL. While we seemed to be a little lost in what we need to do, Gould will identify the bleeding obvious....that the mess created by Previous coaches and administrators will take 5 more years to get over, and reap the benefits of talent identification, retention and development before we are a top 4 side again.
I congratulate the Club for their persistence and Gould for taking on the challenge. Don't expect immediate miracles.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Once were Warriors !! This is HUGE for us, we will now be able to attract big name players , we will be a powerhouse once again.!!!!
Please Scoob, rub this into a few of our big kiwi Warriors fans across the dutch for me mate :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely. Same as his reasons for ‘finishing’ his role at Penrith. Good footy mind and well connected, so hopefully more good than bad for the Dogs. Just hope his ego doesn’t take over and any rot sets in. Wonder if this means Hansen moves to the Warriors.
Hansen isn’t the GM of football, his title is director of football culture or some kind of bullshit like that lol

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know a lot of peeps will be agitated by this comment but I think everyone should also be entitled to their opinions on all things football.
Mostly true but to call him a flop is pretty fucking outrageous, goes to show that Nasheed isn't really a bulldog supporter and or has NFI about Peter Moore(wasn't even born when the coaching controversy happened ffs)and what he did for the Canterbury Bankstown rugby league club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullflop made the club his own little family cash cow.
Good manager but corrupt as, and when his house left the building his kids lingered on with a sense of entitlement.
In the 80s it was much easier to run a powerhouse team.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes I told you all when Barrett signed that
History 2024 our next grand final victory!

1974 lost to Easts 19-4 in Grand Final
1984 Beat Parra 6-4 in Grand Final
1994 lost to Canb 36-12 in GF (Meniga farewell)
2004 beat East 16-13 in GF
2014 lost to Souths 30-6 in GF
2024 ?

So every decade ending with a 4 we make GF!
Every 20 years we win it!!!

A bit of History for Nasheed 2 learn b4 he spruiks that he has supported the Dogs for 20 years.

There are many hear who have supported them for longer than I.

I live on the north shore & have supported by beloved Bulldogs since I was 6 in 1979!!!

Dogs till I Die!!!

Beware of the Wounded Bulldogs!!!

We will howl & Bark again soon!!!

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe some more history for the young pup followers!

Bullfrog was a pioneer!
He brought young talented players from the country like the mortimers from Wagga Wagga & open his own home so they would not get home sick 2 go back home.
He sacrificed alot for his beloved bulldogs so hardly a flop in my book.

Yes family politics did not go well in 1989 but we were always known as the family club!

Actually Anderson are 2-1 as Folkes was Bullfrog son in law.
1988 Gould coached Premiership
1995 C Anderson coached Premiership
2004 S Folkes coached Premiership

More History
Entered 1935
Was the earliest club after entering to win a premiership in 3 years in 1938.
However Melb broke that record entering 1998 winning in 1999.

Other Bulldog facts
1995 only club to win comp from 6th spot.
1998 only club to make a Grand Final from 9th spot! Top 10 that year!

Hope this helps history of our great club!!!

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I suppose i should also quote our 8 Premierships we have won

Last fact we are the only team left in the NRL to have played a 0-0 against Newtown Bluebag Jets in Rnd 5 1982. Funny the same year we also drew 12 all with Newtown the 2nd time we played them the same year.