Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheese came out about a month ago and said he wont be leaving the Storm early and will finish his contract.
Cheese has said other things to powerful people.
Theres truth,
theres soin
and theres media spin

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He was the youngest coach ever to win a premiership coaching us 1988.
Got swindled out of his job 1989.
Welcome back Gas...Let's go Bulldogs !!!
then tried to rip our team apart in 1995, became heavily associated with the roosters the arch rivals of our team for many years, he was visibly disgusted at our 2004 grand final victory and mocked our style of play under steve folkes in 2007 which i think made us go in a different direction and lose our edge in the first place

he has had many nice sentiments on commentary about us and has had some respect but i think i remember more instances of him being very unfair to us and it feels like we have let an enemy of the club back in to claim victory on us and run us

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
where does Flanagan fit? Gould was initially very critical of the Roosters for dumping Flanagan after one season... now it is not commentary only, Flanagan is signed to Gould's club for two more seasons.

Well Flanagan can be transferred or swapped with another player.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see what happens with the roster Gus doesn’t mind making big moves. You just have to see what he did with Luke Lewis back at Penrith. I think the roster could look very different by kick off in 21.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not with news Ltd,he hates them more than I do,and rothfield and Gould go back a long way,they dislike each other with a passion
Great, we need someone who hates News Limited as much as we do so they will stand up to them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
then tried to rip our team apart in 1995, became heavily associated with the roosters the arch rivals of our team for many years, he was visibly disgusted at our 2004 grand final victory and mocked our style of play under steve folkes in 2007 which i think made us go in a different direction and lose our edge in the first place

he has had many nice sentiments on commentary about us and has had some respect but i think i remember more instances of him being very unfair to us and it feels like we have let an enemy of the club back in to claim victory on us and run us
so what though?

i think a better analogy is an ex that was bitter but got back with because there was still a thing

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Anderson coached the 1995 team.
Folkes coached the 2004 team.
So it’s 1-1 Gould and Anderson for Premierships.
you are forgetting the chris anderson melbourne storm activity

while gould tried for many years to buy a premiership with the roosters throughout the 90's, chris anderson immediately went down and delivered one to the storm

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see what happens with the roster Gus doesn’t mind making big moves. You just have to see what he did with Luke Lewis back at Penrith. I think the roster could look very different by kick off in 21.
And Petero Civonaciva.

Reactions: ATT

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exciting signing! We’ve got a hell out team in the back room to support Barrett!
Hanson and Gould what a duo

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael Jennings, too... from memory, the logic was your two highest earners cannot be a back rower and centre

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gus also came out and denied talking to the Dogs too….
He never denied it. He came out and said he rejected their offer. They came back with a new offer yesterday.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah I can’t wait more then 2 more years I need a top 8 side ahaha been years of rage

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He never denied it. He came out and said he rejected their offer. They came back with a new offer yesterday.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are forgetting the chris anderson melbourne storm activity

while gould tried for many years to buy a premiership with the roosters throughout the 90's, chris anderson immediately went down and delivered one to the storm
with a team put together from the remnants of 2-3 disbanded clubs and a couple free agents... must be remembered that the first Storm teams in the late 90's had the likes of Glenn Lazarus, Brett Kimmorley, Scott Hill, Robbie Ross, Mark Geyer, Tawera Nikau, Rodney Howe, Stephen Kearney, Richard Swain etc.

I am a fan of Chris Anderson but he had help in Melbourne

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and rightly so,
the flop bullfrog sacked him the second he won a premiership for his son in law.

and he was told itll happen as soon as Chris was ready and he didnt believe it but it did
Definitely not one of Bullfrog's best moments.