Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You can tell he loves the club but I get a vibe his the type of guy who will always his way. When it comes to pathways his excellent look at Penrith but he will bring our club back to the top you can really tell he wants that
He was quoting Bullfrog last week.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
anderson leads 2-1 in premierships over gould since the club made the decision to replace gould with anderson, so the first thing i expect gould to say is that the club was correct to get rid of him as coach
Anderson coached the 1995 team.
Folkes coached the 2004 team.
So it’s 1-1 Gould and Anderson for Premierships.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we were hoping for some forward signings but not one from the '70's/80's.

Can only be a good thing for the Club moving forward as I doubt there would be a more respected person in the game even though I can't stand his commentary. That's why they put mute buttons on remote controls.

Hopefully this news lifts the boys on Sunday night when we dine out on Rabbit Stew.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Someone wrote something a couple of days ago that a couple more pieces had to fall into place for Cheese to be here early….was this announcement one of those pieces. Meaning two have happened, this is the third?
Cheese came out about a month ago and said he wont be leaving the Storm early and will finish his contract.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we won’t have to worry about Burton backing out now, fark, even Cheese might decide he wants to come and push really hard for an out from Melbourne.
where does Flanagan fit? Gould was initially very critical of the Roosters for dumping Flanagan after one season... now it is not commentary only, Flanagan is signed to Gould's club for two more seasons

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus said the same thing about the warriora and that he would not be leaving

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing you do get with gould is the media polishing your knob.. and that could be a very good thing for sponsorship and attracting players.
Not with news Ltd,he hates them more than I do,and rothfield and Gould go back a long way,they dislike each other with a passion

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same bloke who was trying to persuade Barrett to stay away from us ??
Maybe because he thought it was a huge risk for Barrett to take the role, fair to say even though he's been backed by the club it's still been a pretty tough season. Also was Lyn still with us at the time? Maybe he didn't like or rate her as Chris did replace him as coach.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not with news Ltd,he hates them more than I do,and rothfield and Gould go back a long way,they dislike each other with a passion
yep, Gould's dislike of News Ltd goes back to at least the Super League War

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also apart from having played and coached at the 'Dogs way back in the '80's I just hope he can bring over a few more from the foot of the mountains and also sway the Cheese to join the kennel.

One thing that always sticks in my mind when I do listen to Gould in his commentary is that he still hasn't forgotten the war. Super League / ARL as he more often than not talks positive about those teams who stuck with the ARL and negative about those who went to Super League. Just listen to him during the Rorters games......Loves 'em.

Ken Arthurson and Peter Moore were great friends but even their relationship became strained when their clubs went into separate directions during the War.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Club has allowed him to still have an association with the warriors pathway system which is good for us regarding recruitment.
You are going to be disappointed if thats what you are hoping for. Anything he does with the Warriors pathways will have Rugby League in NZ in mind as beneficiaries. You have to remember, Gus loves Rugby League, he want the whole game to be strong. As a Panthers fan there were a few things he did that weren't necessarily the best move for Penrith short term, but helped in a small way to try and make the game stronger as a whole.

He will do everything in his power to get you guys back to the Bred not Bought mentality which is the best long term strategy.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It won’t take 10 years for success like it did with Penrith. Players should sign on the back of this coupled with the signings we’ve already made. Gus needs to focus on ensuring the next generation of superstars end up in the blue and white. And it wouldn’t hurt drawing up a game plan when we get back into finals next year