News Phil Gould Summary Of where we are at

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe all the wingey winers should support the Storm or find a less challenging interest. Darts perhaps.
It's not like the club can click its fingers and we have the best team in the comp forever. It's a very competitive competition and we are coming from a very low position in it. Of course it will take time. Grow up!
It's not like the niff nuffs are in charge.
Darts is very challenging. You try and hit the board after 10 pints.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The sooner we realise the 9 is what the 7 used to be in the old game the better we will be for it.
Only this season to go till that's fixed.

But they need to do something now :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They need to COOK something now :tearsofjoy:
I guess so but gee what a weird situation we find ourselves in :grinning:.....fans calling for a new reserve grade hooker from Souths who we've only seen playing for us for minutes, to replace the half we fashioned into a hooker for the past 2-3 years, bearing in mind Gus says JMK and Waddell have been our best players to impress him so far.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And winning should also be a priority.. we’ve been patient enough. For many years, we have seen enough losses, is it not time to win games yet???????!!
I reckon we’ll come good second half of the year Scoob and string some wins together. Good thing about our loses are they have been close so for and against hasn’t been hammered like some other teams.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess so but gee what a weird situation we find ourselves in :grinning:.....fans calling for a new reserve grade hooker from Souths who we've only seen playing for us for minutes, to replace the half we fashioned into a hooker for the past 2-3 years, bearing in mind Gus says JMK and Waddell have been our best players to impress him so far.
For some strange reason Wendy I respect Gould's opinion more than a bunch of keyboard warriors on TK (and that includes me).

Always Bulldog

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They need to COOK something now :tearsofjoy:
Exactly, need Cook, the amount of times JMK takes the wrong option, is so slow passing from the ground, just stifles the attack time and time again, people just remember a few runs from dummy half on the back of a quick play the ball where he makes a few metres, and then think he had a great game cause that sticks in your mind, but anyone can run from dummy half, it’s the other areas where it just crushes and attack we have
In our system the most important players are 9 and 13, and unfortunately JMK and Jackson aren’t suited to those roles

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, need Cook, the amount of times JMK takes the wrong option, is so slow passing from the ground, just stifles the attack time and time again, people just remember a few runs from dummy half on the back of a quick play the ball where he makes a few metres, and then think he had a great game cause that sticks in your mind, but anyone can run from dummy half, it’s the other areas where it just crushes and attack we have
In our system the most important players are 9 and 13, and unfortunately JMK and Jackson aren’t suited to those roles
Let me make sure I have this right, you think Gould's opinion on JMK is due to "a few runs from dummy half" sticking in his mind, interesting.

Always a Bulldog

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't know why people expected overnight success simply by signing a few good players. They need time to gel. Having them is step 1. Step 2 will be gel. Step 3 will be success.

1648514948846.png

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is Gus trying to sell JMK :-)

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Success wasn't ever going to come instantly over night. I agree with his assessment, it will take time, trail and error, lose or learn. Definitely see improvement.
I agree 100%

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100 %

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of kennelers think it's a 5 day plan. Not seen so much unrealistic expectation before. They think get some new players, next minute we shouldn't ever lose games. It's dumb.
School kids mate, school kids