Phil Gould says roster clean out coming to clean salary cap

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im with you on Pearce, I dont like the idea but i think we have come to the point of realization that there is nobody else in regards to an experienced NRL standard half.

Our only other two options are Gus pulling an astute halves signing out of his arse or we run with the young halves at the club...

Its a shit position to be in...
Or go with an experienced hooker like cam i mean brandon smith!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Who are the 2 players already signed that haven't been announced? Maybe someone/s expected to play in the grand final and doesn't want their team mates' preparation upset by the announcement that they are leaving. Could be an announcement after they get eliminated from the finals.

Always a Bulldog

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gus is cleaning out the club now to free up salary cap space, wtf were current coaching and management staff doing in the last 2 years? Sounds like the whole joint needs to be cleared out. New coach, new management and new players needed asap.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Gus is cleaning out the club now to free up salary cap space, wtf were current coaching and management staff doing in the last 2 years? Sounds like the whole joint needs to be cleared out. New coach, new management and new players needed asap.
If u look at the other thread the coaching staff only got 8 weeks to prove that they can make a difference that inlcudes the assistants and ferris and the manegment is good currently right now JK has done a massive good job

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem with waiting 8 weeks into the new season to determine whether condition n strength training has been effective is that it is too late. Im hoping that Gould will use his experience, contacts and knowledge to assess what happens in the first 4 to 6 weeks of pre season to ensure what is happening is best practice

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Allan was given much of a chance, we have shit halves. We are lost in direction. I think with better players around him he will be a good fullback. Unfortunately he doesn’t get that chance

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mate we would have had to pay $1 million for Reynolds . If we had done that we wouldn’t have got TPJ and Vaughan.

Unfortunately with Flanno still on the books we can’t pay top money for a half.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to what Gus says publicly. He has a way of spinning things after the fact. He denied the Griffin rumours right up until he was punted.

I would be stunned if the 29 players he is referring to are all at the dogs next year
He's highlighting and spelling out the big job in front of us to get the sc roster back in balance and value.

He's showing us that every Bulldog fan should be seriously concerned that we have 29 players, with only a min wage spot left, from our 9.6 million cap.

And he's got a lot of work to do to get it right.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think Allan was given much of a chance, we have shit halves. We are lost in direction. I think with better players around him he will be a good fullback. Unfortunately he doesn’t get that chance
Also had to play outside Hopoate......................