News Phil Gould meets with Ben Hunt

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It is understood Hunt and his management met with Bulldogs boss Phil Gould on Friday as Canterbury ponder making an offer to the game’s form player when he hits the market on November 1.

I adore sentences that start with "it is understood". Not saying I'm against it happening but generally sentences that start that way means "we just made this up..."

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO at the "secret" meeting. Gus managed to have several secret meetings with Ciraldo without anyone knowing but somehow this secret meeting became public knowledge. Well played Gus. Putting public pressure on the Dragqueens

Either we get Hunt or Sullivan. I don't know if Sullivan will be ready for a premiership assault by 24 so we need a gun HB, either Hunt or Moses would be awesome

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can we afford him next year?
If we move TPJ and Thompson on or something like that, obviously Dragons would have to let him go and chip in tho

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign him up.
Only problem is his age would be 34 when he comes here
34??? No way you would risk signing him at 34...so we signed him for 2 years and then what? Look for another half back? Seriously, we would be better of going after Mitchell moses who has another 4 good years in him. Bit the other issue is that we risk losing BBO and he could be our long term halfback.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
34??? No way you would risk signing him at 34...so we signed him for 2 years and then what? Look for another half back? Seriously, we would be better of going after Mitchell moses who has another 4 good years in him. Bit the other issue is that we risk losing BBO and he could be our long term halfback.
So pay Moses 1.3m+ to have a chance in getting him. That's what Dragons did when they signed Ben Hunt. I would rather go all in for Munster but also not against Hunt for 2 years, 3 would be a bit long tho.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him 850K for 2 years. Get him to mentor BBO. Next year would be good. Have him 23/24. Then BBO 25. That would be ideal, though BBO may look elsewhere.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
LMAO at the "secret" meeting. Gus managed to have several secret meetings with Ciraldo without anyone knowing but somehow this secret meeting became public knowledge. Well played Gus. Putting public pressure on the Dragqueens

Either we get Hunt or Sullivan. I don't know if Sullivan will be ready for a premiership assault by 24 so we need a gun HB, either Hunt or Moses would be awesome
I reckon this is Don Gustavo forcing dragons to sign Hunt and releasing Sully to us.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d prefer we go for Walker, surely the Roosters can’t have 6 players on $900k-$1.1m in 2024… or can they??