Official Phil Gould has quit his post at Penrith immediately

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real dialogue went something more like this...

Phil you can guess why we're here, we need to talk about your role, things are not working.

Okay then, you pay me out my full contract, a handshake payment and I write the media statement about me deciding to leave.

1 and 3 no problems, 2 we will talk to Board about and come back with an answer shortly.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a massive fan of gus but I think he has a genuine love and passion for the game if he’s gunning for the top job then he’d have my support it would be in better hands than it is at the moment

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if having Gus at the Bulldogs was good for the club (not necessarily saying it would be - though I think the pros would outweigh the cons), then the dogs should make a play for him.

If the Andersons won't because of a grudge, then they should piss off and find some other club to compromise because of their pride.

Club First.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end of the day, if having Gus at the Bulldogs was good for the club (not necessarily saying it would be - though I think the pros would outweigh the cons), then the dogs should make a play for him.

If the Andersons won't because of a grudge, then they should piss off and find some other club to compromise because of their pride.

Club First.
Because of Bullfrog the Andersons could only have love for our club, where Gould has only shown hatred for our club since the SL war, others have said that he still hasn't gotten over the SL war.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What if he's stepping down to step up?

With De Belin case not far off, and Greenberg and Beatties heads in the noose if De Belin wins, maybe Gould is stepping down to step up to the top job?
You mean bringing back shoulder charges and punches into the game?

Well... yesterday my brother @ASSASSIN said there's a Simpsons quote for everything... and this case is no different... so here goes...

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because of Bullfrog the Andersons could only have love for our club, where Gould has only shown hatred for our club since the SL war, others have said that he still hasn't gotten over the SL war.
That's fair enough, and I hope they do show a lot of love for the club throughout their tenure.

I also hope they just put club First when making decisions for the club (so far they have given us no reason to think otherwise), I would love the club to become a revamped version of who we were 30 odd years ago, and I think they've alluded to some extent that that's the direction they would like to head in, however I know that one thing that will stop that dead in its tracks ulterior motives/ hidden agendas, and pride that is not grounded in accountability (again not saying I've seen any evidence of such, but know first hand how tempting both become when a new position of power presents itself).

Hoping in 10 years time we look back and say these guys have been awesome for our club.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's fair enough, and I hope they do show a lot of love for the club throughout their tenure.

I also hope they just put club First when making decisions for the club (so far they have given us no reason to think otherwise), I would love the club to become a revamped version of who we were 30 odd years ago, and I think they've alluded to some extent that that's the direction they would like to head in, however I know that one thing that will stop that dead in its tracks ulterior motives/ hidden agendas, and pride that is not grounded in accountability (again not saying I've seen any evidence of such, but know first hand how tempting both become when a new position of power presents itself).

Hoping in 10 years time we look back and say these guys have been awesome for our club.
BROOKO, i think we are building towards that revamped yesteryear club. Brick by brick. From the ground up. Unfortunately we need to go through the pain along the way.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perhaps few if any of us fans really know what went on behind closed doors with the old board, but there can be little doubt that in the end Des did a lot of damage to our club.
I don't know who else would be more trusted to run our club, the saddest thing about the previous Admin has been the trashing of our junior development, and you can't blame the current board for that.
However I am not one to think that we can return to the 1980's, it is just not possible, the task of the current board is to ensure that the club is not reallocated or forced into a second division comp.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t really see how Gus hates the dogs, I can’t be bothered digging it up but not long ago he was asked online who his favourite clubs were and he replied panthers roosters bulldogs.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t really see how Gus hates the dogs, I can’t be bothered digging it up but not long ago he was asked online who his favourite clubs were and he replied panthers roosters bulldogs.
Gould definitely likes the dogs. Hes just disappointed in the direction we were going in. Straight from the horses mouth

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If our board has any balls they should upgrade the CEO post with Gould.
He is exactly what we need right now... someone that can improve our PR narrative and attract players.