Official Phil Gould has quit his post at Penrith immediately

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/04/23/club-statement-phil-gould-am/

Panthers Media - Tue 23 Apr 2019, 04:35 PM

Penrith Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher has released the following statement:

"This morning Panthers Chairman Dave O’Neill and myself met with Phil Gould to discuss his position at the club."

"Phil was adamant that his position as Executive General Manager Rugby League has become redundant and his time at Panthers is at an end."

"While there will be opportunity for further reflection once matters are formalised, I wish to acknowledge the extraordinary impact Phil has had on this club since returning as Executive General Manager in 2011."

"The Panthers Board will meet tomorrow to discuss the potential terms of Gould’s departure from Panthers."

Last edited by a moderator:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proberly go to Cronulla where his son is playing

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proberly go to Cronulla where his son is playing
There’s a job there for him too. The writing was always on the wall when the board decided to bring back Cleary against his wishes

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not a shock, seeing as they signed Ivan Cleary as coach.

Gould had come to a handshake agreement with Wayne Bennett & was told they wanted Cleary.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This has been coming for a while. I'm not surprised one bit. I could imagine he'd take a break after all of the pressure and being in that job for so many years although a team like Cronulla makes sense.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he can attract talent to the Dogs like he did at Penrith then he'd be good to have around the club.

Only concern is too many cooks spoiling the broth and having different visions pull the club in different directions.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His 5 year plan became a 9 year plan that ddidnt deliver a premiership.. they dont look any closer to winning it either..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know he is still chummy with the Men in black. Although he would be good to have around the club, i doubt the Andersons would want him as it was P Moore that moved him on. I don't know the inside politics of yesteryear, but I'm sure someone on TK might have a vivid and true account of how things went down in 89?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once Gould left the Roosters they won a comp 3 years later..

Let Jennings Go - won a comp at Roosters
Let Coote go - won a comp at Cowboys
Let Lewis go - won a comp at Sharks

Recently Let Moylan go..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch Penrith improve without this shit heap hanging over them

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people want this decrepid old bastard at our club?

I’m surprised people swallow his shit so hard.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What if he's stepping down to step up?

With De Belin case not far off, and Greenberg and Beatties heads in the noose if De Belin wins, maybe Gould is stepping down to step up to the top job?

Supreme Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
His 5 year plan became a 9 year plan that ddidnt deliver a premiership.. they dont look any closer to winning it either..
In 2012 the Panthers were in $80 million debt, and recorded a loss of $61million 8 years running prior to 2012.

The 5 year plan was not "winning the premiership"

It was about getting the club out of debt, investing back into there juniors and building a centre of excellence.

Gould came in along with other power brokers, which Gould brought across, which included James Packer.

They got rid of the $80m debt, along with totally revamping the Leagues club. Their Leagues club is 1st class if you have been out there.

They built the centre of excellence for their football department which cost $25m.

They pump $12m annually into their junior leagues

They have also been approved for a $500m 512 appartment complex which Gould played a major part of along with their partners Cabe developments.

There should be a statue erected of Gould as you enter Panthers Leagues club along at Panthers Stadium.

You are just copying and pasting what that drunk flog Buzz Rothfield has been splattering over the last 5 years on Twitter. He fucken wishes Cronulla had a Phil Gould. Hasnt Cronulla already pissed away the majority of their money earnt from that development built on swamp land?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

With De Belin case not far off, and Greenberg and Beatties heads in the noose if De Belin wins, maybe Gould is stepping down to step up to the top job?
Hmmmm

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

This
I think top job at the NRL is in his sights

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he is still chummy with the Men in black. Although he would be good to have around the club, i doubt the Andersons would want him as it was P Moore that moved him on. I don't know the inside politics of yesteryear, but I'm sure someone on TK might have a vivid and true account of how things went down in 89?
I recall a few things, like him been replaced by Bullfrogs son in law which would have put his nose out of joint. I also recall the word going around at the time of our club paying off someone's gambling debts.
Gould is a very good sales person and has fooled a lot of people into thinking that he is the be-all and end -all of RL knowledge, and many in the media are trying to imitate him.
Many of our fans know that there is a lot of ill feeling against our club, and I'm sure I know who the instigater has been. I'll get very sick if he gets a job at our club.