Phil Gould advising Trent Barrett to Re consider deal with the dogs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not much ranga left Baz...
View attachment 16759
Well, not without..
View attachment 16760

Sadly it was on this blobs recommendation that the club chased a deal with Barrett and at the same time excluded Griffin on his advice also. As for the Buzzwit article you would normally ignore 90 % of what the drunk has to say but our club at the moment cant help itself..

Wherever there is smoke there usually is a fire and we are smokin up a storm.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett is smart enough to ignore the backroom mess knowing they are frustrated by the on field mess.
He only has to concentrate on turning the team into clinical giant killers, sure its a big job but thats what its all about.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How do as fanatical fans get our club back!!
We've got to hope some people that have genuine business connections and are strong leaders put themselves forward for the board. Lynne Anderson isn't the person to get all these people working together, there is still alot of dislike between people in different parts of the leagues and football club and she's not the one to heal that.

There's also alot of people there becuase of their surnames who have little to no business sense or experience in running a business of this size.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is struggling to attract quality coaching staff; at the moment D Furner, D Ferris & Craig Sandercock are the names mentioned.
-The key signings will hinge on
1 )who gets the Broncos gig
2) who Hook will move on at the Dragons
For perspective, Furner and Sandercock have only been in their jobs for a year. They may well be happy at the Knights and Sharks. Ferris is a Queenslander, right? Does he want to come to Sydney again? My point is it’s not necessarily a reflection of Baz ‘struggling to attract’ coaches.

I do agree outcomes at the Ponies and Steelers will influence recruitment along with potential changes in Melbourne.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Coincidence???

Gus was good to us while he looking for a new gig somewhere and holding his options open.

Then one he signs somewhere he's back to having a dig at us.
Sad sad times. TBAZ just needs to get here, flick everyone , take full control and build this great club back up.. sick of all this.!!!
Gould is alluding also to the fact that atm there is too much interference as regards the coaching. Said Dunn rang him to get his thoughts on candidates.

Need to read between the lines on all this and dont for one minute think that Barrett has not been concerned and worried about whats been going on.

A big picture is at play here.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is 100% correct.

This club is cancer at the moment.

Our players are shit, most of our players would not make a starting position in another club.

Our board and management are beyond toxic.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How nice of Gould to undermine our club some more.
Wish he would stop thinking he is the unofficial CEO like some Prima Donna.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno will probably be looking for a assistant coach role somewhere if Furner doesnt come

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T baz just quoted as saying he is 100% committed

Also looking to extend Montoya for 8 more years ...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
The old prick just needs to feel relevant again as no one listens to him nowadays and by saying something outrageous and controversial puts him back into that spot light. And now we're helping to feed that.

I wouldn't pay any attention to him. It's not as if he's enlightening us with something new.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok so he says Barrett should reconsider because we are a mess, so what should happen , no one should coach us ?
He said he thought Barrett was too inexperienced to handle the back biting at board level...after his experience at Manly.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Win 4 out of the first 6 games next year all this goes away, not sure where we get those 4 wins from

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sometimes i respect Gould's opinion and he does know a lot about the game, but there are times where you just wanna tell him to "STFU Phil". If there is infighting between the football dept and the leagues club, not sure how that stops Barrett doing his job, and would be a temporary issue anyway.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
enough is enough, the whole lot of the board the whole lot of front office and admin people need to be removed, put an administrator in and have them hire qualified and suitable people for the positions to run the club
rugby league is a business having so called bulldogs dna and ex players or relatives filling positions and running the club has not worked and will not work

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if the Anderson's have an agenda. Coorey needs to fall on his sword. In this #metoo area, his conduct suggests that he needs to move on from the club. He has done his time, give him a pat on the back as he walks out the door.

As for Andrew Hill, well since he has been here the club has been on a seriously downward slide. He is unable to get things working how they should. A stronger leader is needed here. One who can mend bridges and has the fortitude to get those personal agenda's pushed to the side. All I see is a wet lettuce leaf trying to tip toe around the ego's at the club. It needs someone who can walk in and say what is what. Geez, when the Bullfrog walked into this club, that's what he did. Got everybody moving to the same beat, and instead of just making up the numbers, we had a successful club for a long time. His legacy has been tarnished by not have that strong leader at the club for so long now.

So if they can sort out these two before next season, I think the club would be moving forward. It's not just about cleaning out the club coaching staff, but some at the top as well. I'm sure there are others in the firing line as well. The more the merrier. New people will bring a new agenda to the club.
Sacking people does not build a good corporate culture especially at a football club.
Andrew Farrar and his football staff all got sacked and now all the coaching staff sacked.
Also who has the responsibility for the performance of the football department the club CEO or GM of football?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Webster says: I had concerns about Trent Barrett taking the job because even by his own admission he never handled the politics at Manly. The politics at Manly aren't on the same page as the politics at Canterbury. They've been going on forever."

Gould said the only viable option for the club was to remove the board and senior administrators for a fresh start. The alternative is to persevere and risk completely crippling the franchise.

"I don't know what the answer is but I know, I just know the answer is not persevering with the people that are there," Gould said.

"They've got to understand that it's hurting the club. If you are a player looking to go and play with a club, how high on the list is the Bulldogs? Which means the ones you get access to are going to be way down the list, you're going to pay a premium for it, it's going to eat up your salary cap very quickly again and you're going to be no more competitive than you are this year.

"I just can't see it working until they resolve that mess behind the scenes. It's all got to be disbanded and someone else has got to be given a go at it because what they promised hasn't been delivered. At the moment, this is the problem with the Bulldogs. It's the toxicity, internally, at these levels."
Gus just telling it like it is, same as if a Kenneller got up at a meeting to have their say about the club they used to respect and saw being downgraded to insignificance :(

Things must change and wont unless drastic action taken ...it cant heal and move on until that happens.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone think it could be a bit of reverse psychology on Gould’s part? He is a clever man.
Could it be his way of forcing change at a great club he once and maybe still holds in his heart as he doesn’t want to slide down the shit chute.
At some point something needs to break off at board level to get back to some harmony in the joint.
We loose this incoming coach along with what he could bring we are fucked.
And as it stands already, no one wants to come near us, imagine if Barrett flips.
I think its a ploy/threat Gus is orchestrating to help to fix the board mess before next year.