Petition to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hey guys I am very sorry to open another thread but if everyone agree's with my train of thought I think its important enough to have its own air time. I believe its time for all rugby league fans to let the NRL know how bad and how unacceptable these constant contract breaks are.

It is happening to all clubs or at least enough clubs to be a real issue. Tell me every Raiders fan wouldn't bash the door down to sign. I have no problem with true compassionate ground releases but this has now become a farce, I think we should get a petition going for all fans to sign to let the NRL know that the we do not agree with the current way things are happening.

I believe if done properly that this could be huge and gives the fans a voice back into the sport that WE MADE and we keep alive. I think something like this could attract signatures in the tens of thousands. Simply, there is no billion dollar deals without the fans watching, going to games, buying merchandise and paying foxtel fee's. Things need to change! Thoughts and ideas on how to get this started especially if someone on here has done one before!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting Fact: 10/15 of the latest threads/topics reference to Barba in some way.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not another Ben Barba thread, whats wrong with the existing ones?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously don't think they care, because at the end of the day.

1. Broncos don't give a shit.
2. We may lose crowd numbers and what not but Broncos will gain, so the organic decline will eventually even out again.

I like the idea GrogDog and it shows the fans care, but it won't get very far tbh.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
10,000 posts between you two and you still can't read, Barba's name is never mentioned. Its about the issue not any individual player!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
What next?...some ****er going to break his contract on compassionate grounds due to his dog running away to Queensland?..sick of this shit, 4 ****ing marquee players in 6 years..

winton08

Waterboy
Reaction score
The average NRL fan has become despondent and resigned to the fact that they care more about their clubs then the players or the games administration. I would love to say that a petition would be successful but it is just the way sports are going now. Look at football. Players and clubs do what they want. League is headed in the same path. Instead of the game taking a stand, we will see the football model and follow it. good players know they will always have somewhere to go and someone will pay for them. They and teh club they move to should be punished.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree make a stance to the club. Forget the NRL. If we ****ing let him go for tickets or money like Hannant it's pathetic. If we don't have Folau or Tomkins or Hayne as a replacement it's ****ed.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
10,000 posts between you two and you still can't read, Barba's name is never mentioned. Its about the issue not any individual player!
Can't read? I'm aware you did not mention Barba. I've used Barba as an example in response to your thread, why create a thread now about this when it's been happening in the NRL for a very long time. I guess Barba just tipped you over the edge.

P.S if this is general talk, this should be in the General Rugby League Section. Just saying.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can't read? I'm aware you did not mention Barba. I've used Barba as an example in response to your thread, why create a thread now about this when it's been happening in the NRL for a very long time. I guess Barba just tipped you over the edge.

P.S if this is general talk, this should be in the General Rugby League Section. Just saying.
Settle down mod, was talking to the pair above you. You just replied quicker than I could allowing your post to get in first. Thanks for your advice about where my edge is and where I should aim my views I will go to my room.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously don't think they care, because at the end of the day.

1. Broncos don't give a shit.
2. We may lose crowd numbers and what not but Broncos will gain, so the organic decline will eventually even out again.

I like the idea GrogDog and it shows the fans care, but it won't get very far tbh.
Let me rephase.

1. Clubs gaining the player, don't give a shit
2. The losing club may lose crowd numbers and what not but the gaining club will gain, so the organic decline will eventually even out again.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Settle down mod, was talking to the pair above you. You just replied quicker than I could allowing your post to get in first. Thanks for your advice about where my edge is and where I should aim my views I will go to my room.
My bad, thought it was directed at me. I apologize GrogDog, we're all uneasy about all this. Friends again? :D :D

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My bad, thought it was directed at me. I apologize GrogDog, we're all uneasy about all this. Friends again? :D :D
Yeah okay friends, just for the books though........................ I AM ON THE FUKEN EDGE......GOOD CALL!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree make a stance to the club. Forget the NRL. If we ****ing let him go for tickets or money like Hannant it's pathetic. If we don't have Folau or Tomkins or Hayne as a replacement it's ****ed.
after Hannant Brisbane probably see us as a joke and think they can take any QLD player of ours they wish for stuff all.....probably will give us our own bulldogs only public toilets or something this time....but instead of toilet paper there'll be a giant pineapple to wipe ya arse with

Reaction score
I agree with some of ur points but if the nrl cared about wat the fans wanted the game wouldn't be a joke as it is now
this is sadly the truth, at $500 a trip to penrith, the NRL is sticking it's finger up at all of us, Todd G needs to get in there and boot that gold digging smith back to his own country.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What next?...some ****er going to break his contract on compassionate grounds due to his dog running away to Queensland?..sick of this shit, 4 ****ing marquee players in 6 years..
Exactly the point. This is not our first superstar to break contracts.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ben farks around on his missus, and the fans pay for it.

Where was his need to care about his family when he was out shagging and getting blotto with the biggest group of dropkicks in the country?

Any player can make up a compassionate reason to leave. Just move a sick relative near the club you want to play for, or get your missus to move there with the kids.

I think contract is a contract and if i was ceo Ben would be shit out of luck, id make him stay and make a stand for all NRL clubs and the future. If his missus gave a shit about Ben she would stay in Sydney until Bens contract is up. She doesnt HAVE to go to Qld. Its a whim. And as usual the poor fans get shafted.

Make him stay or just forget contracts altogether. After SBW and now Barba breaking contract it appears contracts are just bird cage liner.

So if things go as they have been, all a player has to do to get around a contract is manufacture a compassionate reason, or just hop on a plane to France and they will pay you more than you are earning now to do it.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys I am very sorry to open another thread but if everyone agree's with my train of thought I think its important enough to have its own air time. I believe its time for all rugby league fans to let the NRL know how bad and how unacceptable these constant contract breaks are.

It is happening to all clubs or at least enough clubs to be a real issue. Tell me every Raiders fan wouldn't bash the door down to sign. I have no problem with true compassionate ground releases but this has now become a farce, I think we should get a petition going for all fans to sign to let the NRL know that the we do not agree with the current way things are happening.

I believe if done properly that this could be huge and gives the fans a voice back into the sport that WE MADE and we keep alive. I think something like this could attract signatures in the tens of thousands. Simply, there is no billion dollar deals without the fans watching, going to games, buying merchandise and paying foxtel fee's. Things need to change! Thoughts and ideas on how to get this started especially if someone on here has done one before!
Hi GrogDog,

In answer to your questions, yes I think it's worth trying, yes I'd sign, and no I don't think it'll help.

Nothing to lose by trying though. It'll probably do nothing in this instance but maybe it will for (shudder) next time.

Let us know if you get a petition going.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Perret, inu , brown, Lowe, Hasler all signed while under contract.

I don't care so much about him breaking his contract its the fact that he is so conniving and ungrateful for everything the club has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.