Peter Vlandys report card

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
(B-) from me.

POSITIVES
Better than the previous commissioner. Not afraid to speak his mind. Always fronts up. Full of ideas.

NEGATIVES
Always speaking about the fabric of the game, however he goes against it by introducing stupid rules.

Eg 6 again rule. Captains challenges.
Not working for me.

Needs to come out and say we need to improve/tweak it or get rid of it.

Referees. Got rid of two refs to make it idiot proof. Only created more idiots by introducing the above mentioned rules.

Clearly. The ref's are a rule unto themselves.

If he stamps his authority on the ref's and the new rules mentioned, then I'm afraid the jury is out.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I against the grain with the 6 again rule?

I actually like it. Not as many stoppages in play, seeing more points being scored. We are seeing slightly more points scored per game, and the ball in play more often.

The negative of the rule is probably the consistency of it - but that is nothing new in RL.

Big fan of Vlandys. Another HUGE positive for me is he is not afraid to go to war with AFL. He has had some pearlers.

I am also neither here nor there when it comes to the captains challenge. I have to admit, I quiet enjoy seeing them overruled when a ref makes a wrong call - moving past the minor disruption to the game, I love seeing refs reactions when they fuck up.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I give him a score of A.

1/ Very happy with the one reff system.
2/ Somewhat happy with the 6 again - Main let downs are the reffs not being consistent and biased towards certain teams and we need to know what the 6 again was for
3/ Happy with the captains challenge
4/ He is not afraid to give it to the AFL

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Captains challenge and anything revolving around the bunker is an issue for me.

Can't fault PVL on anything else.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gets a tick from me. I think the video ref should be scaled back. they should only look at what the referees ask them to look at not the entire play. Its need to be scaled back as the captains challenge is essentially more bunker. Even the challenges now are being drawn out as the bunker looks at everything around the actual play not just what they are challenging.

Cricket works well with the challenges

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
(B-) from me.

POSITIVES
Better than the previous commissioner. Not afraid to speak his mind. Always fronts up. Full of ideas.

NEGATIVES
Always speaking about the fabric of the game, however he goes against it by introducing stupid rules.

Not working for me.

Referees. Got rid of two refs to make it idiot proof. Only created more idiots by introducing the above mentioned rules.

If he stamps his authority on the ref's and the new rules mentioned, then I'm afraid the jury is out.
I started out with a B, because he got the comp going again, but then for the reasons you mentioned, allowing SOB Williams to play for the Roosters at a reduced rate & allowing that Souths player to play 1st grade next season even though he is too young has created extra problems. It's OK to do things for some teams but not others. Also he should have suspended players for the year for breaching COVID-19 restrictions early on, but because it was Mitchell & Addo-Carr he didn't do it. If they were not Aboriginal or name players would he have made the same decision? He is looking for profits over fairness, so now it's a BIG D for him especially after appointing Abdo.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
gets a tick from me. I think the video ref should be scaled back. they should only look at what the referees ask them to look at not the entire play. Its need to be scaled back as the captains challenge is essentially more bunker. Even the challenges now are being drawn out as the bunker looks at everything around the actual play not just what they are challenging.

Cricket works well with the challenges
The challenges in cricket are a farce too. The 3rd Umpire should do that there. Players should play & umpires umpire!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact Tony Shepard (Board member GWS Giants) went to the ALF and warned them when Pete was appointed that he is a gun sports administrator and that they should be wary of his influence and ability to get things done says enough for me.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
(B-) from me.

POSITIVES

NEGATIVES

Not working for me.

Big fat F

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More like Full of Shit.
I went from a B- to D within 6 months. Biggest Fraud. If safety is his biggest objective, then we should have persisted with the previous mob.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
(B-) from me.

POSITIVES

NEGATIVES

Not working for me.

I mostly agree. He got rid of 2 referees to cut costs. He has made many mistakes in cutting costs including ditching Big League. As far as administrating things outside of rules & the game, he has done an outstanding job. Unfortunately he let those successes gave him a big head & he became a megalomaniac. The commission need far more people who understand the game other than Pearce. Maybe they should have 2 commissions, one for the day to day running of the game & the other match day stuff.

He gets things done & makes decisions but he is either delusional or he listens to the wrong people. The game hasn't had decent administrators since Arko & Quayle ran things although they did make some mistakes they were far better than any others since.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yo, people actually thought he was good for the game :tearsofjoy:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I against the grain with the 6 again rule?

I actually like it. Not as many stoppages in play, seeing more points being scored. We are seeing slightly more points scored per game, and the ball in play more often.

The negative of the rule is probably the consistency of it - but that is nothing new in RL.

Big fan of Vlandys. Another HUGE positive for me is he is not afraid to go to war with AFL. He has had some pearlers.

I am also neither here nor there when it comes to the captains challenge. I have to admit, I quiet enjoy seeing them overruled when a ref makes a wrong call - moving past the minor disruption to the game, I love seeing refs reactions when they fuck up.
Word up
The squads will adapt and the comp will find parity again