News Peter Sterling says Canterbury Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan's career is at a crossroads after being hooked

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Or Brisbane... I'd love Reynolds but I doubt we can afford him if we're signing Smith or another hooker and still need another two or three starting forwards on top of that..
That... and he will take a share of the ball away from Burto. Plus he wants a longer term deal and has huge injury concerns. I don’t understand why some don’t see the similarities to the Foran deal.

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am not prepared to write him off either. Of course he has a lot of work to do but he has a fair bit going against him :

1. Diabolical service from dummy half ;
2. An inexperienced five eighth ;
3. No creativity in the fullback position ;
4. A forward pack that gets smashed every week ;
5. Not much pace in the outside backs ;
6. Continually getting dominated in possession because 75% of our blokes cant hold the fuckin ball

There's not many 22 year old halfbacks that could deal with the above.

I would be punting a lot of blokes before him. In order :

Katoa
Waddell
Hopoate
C. Smith
Averillo (I would put him at centre)
Well said, that’s a very astute assessment and I agree with you 100%

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baz needs to cop a lot of the blame here to be honest

Flanagan was HIS signing and he praised him all pre season and I’m sure he’s quoted as saying something like Flanno is going to be better than Cleary or as good as Cleary ?

He then gives him the keys to the drivers seat of the team and the whole pre season has him dominating touches playing both sides of the ruck and taking 99% of last tackle kicks

The kid is probably entitled to have an inflated ego and it’s prob rubbed some of his team mates the wrong way especially when he’s tagged as the ‘coaches pet’ because he brings coffee every morning

All that talk about the Roosters now makes him look butt hurt because the Roosters were right to brush him after one season

His dad or Baz (former half) need to work with him and see if he can reinvent his game otherwise he’s looking for his 4th club in 4 years

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or Brisbane... I'd love Reynolds but I doubt we can afford him if we're signing Smith or another hooker and still need another two or three starting forwards on top of that..
If i had 4 kids i aint leaving sydney unless im on double..

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does sterlo think that his dad isn’t giving him any advice or he should ask for some.
Is he kidding, must have forgot the guy coached first grade.
Stuff would be said in private 100%
Shane attended all the Colts games & kept tabs on everything behind the scenes.

Agree...Sterlo can be guilty of saying weird shit lately

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
1. Diabolical service from dummy half ;
2. An inexperienced five eighth ;
3. No creativity in the fullback position ;
4. A forward pack that gets smashed every week ;
5. Not much pace in the outside backs ;
6. Continually getting dominated in possession because 75% of our blokes cant hold the fuckin ball
1. Maybe average but its not the service that causes him to drop chest balls
2. Who has been better than him by a country mile
3. Creative FB's link up through the middle, not much to do with Floppo
4. Why would u put in when we just give the ball away on 5 every set?
5. How would u know? Its not like they've been put into space at all
6. 53/47 against on the weekend and the error count was Drags 15:9 Dogs.

Here's my 6:
1) FBers know when they're sucking on a lemon. Why put in when you have a lemon?
2) doesn't take on the line, runs sideways and asks a forward to get hit. Great way to inspire confidence
3) his service is shite
4) his running game reminds me of Dame Edna
5) game management (read sharks game) is atrocious
6) Kicks about as well as Steve Roach.

Personally, I'd give Deitz or Wakeham a go - and let them know they have an extended run for 6 games, show us what u got. Floppo can fck off to Mounties and if he doesn't succeed there - he can take his pay check and piss off....

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Maybe average but its not the service that causes him to drop chest balls
2. Who has been better than him by a country mile
3. Creative FB's link up through the middle, not much to do with Floppo
4. Why would u put in when we just give the ball away on 5 every set?
5. How would u know? Its not like they've been put into space at all
6. 53/47 against on the weekend and the error count was Drags 15:9 Dogs.

Here's my 6:
1) FBers know when they're sucking on a lemon. Why put in when you have a lemon?
2) doesn't take on the line, runs sideways and asks a forward to get hit. Great way to inspire confidence
3) his service is shite
4) his running game reminds me of Dame Edna
5) game management (read sharks game) is atrocious
6) Kicks about as well as Steve Roach.

Personally, I'd give Deitz or Wakeham a go - and let them know they have an extended run for 6 games, show us what u got. Floppo can fck off to Mounties and if he doesn't succeed there - he can take his pay check and piss off....
Deitz at halfback.

Brilliant

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Flanno honestly needs to lose his spot for a while make him earn his spot back. Go Mounties and practice the fundamentals of playing half. I’ve been a Flanno supporter since we signed him but fmd it’s hard to defend him. All he has to do is work on his 5th tackle options and ENGAGE THE LINE! Foran was great at that! This shit’s like the most important part of his game?! LEARN TO BUILD PRESSURE FLANNO!!!

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flano really needs rebuild confidence...class half has never been behind such an inexperienced pack. Building towards 22 long term development and keep both halves from serious injury... going backwards and carrying some injuries not good long term

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can pass, defend and has a running game. S'pose he can kick but fck me - cannot be worse than floppagan. After that its just organisation and confidence. Risky but could work...
Flanagan needs rebuild confidence def agree deitz to half could organise I reckon

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a lot of negativity on here against Flannagan and to those that think he is not worthy to play in our side, I suggest you go, pull on a jersey and offer your services to T Baz. We'll sit back and see how you go.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz needs to cop a lot of the blame here to be honest

Flanagan was HIS signing and he praised him all pre season and I’m sure he’s quoted as saying something like Flanno is going to be better than Cleary or as good as Cleary ?

He then gives him the keys to the drivers seat of the team and the whole pre season has him dominating touches playing both sides of the ruck and taking 99% of last tackle kicks

The kid is probably entitled to have an inflated ego and it’s prob rubbed some of his team mates the wrong way especially when he’s tagged as the ‘coaches pet’ because he brings coffee every morning

All that talk about the Roosters now makes him look butt hurt because the Roosters were right to brush him after one season

His dad or Baz (former half) need to work with him and see if he can reinvent his game otherwise he’s looking for his 4th club in 4 years
Im guessing Baz will be getting his own coffees from now on. :tearsofjoy:

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a lot of negativity on here against Flannagan and to those that think he is not worthy to play in our side, I suggest you go, pull on a jersey and offer your services to T Baz. We'll sit back and see how you go.
Mate passionate supporters love the club... commercial realities of being the worst ever side in a competitive environment...agree unfair Flanno but welcome professional sport.. I like the kid but fark... love the club..