Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with Dog Dementia? aka Canine Cognitive Dysfunction?

My dog is about 13 and he is just showing signs like not listening to me (but i think his hearing is fine), peeing inside at night when he never/rarely used to etc.

I'd hate to have kick him outside at night after all these years, but Mrs CD is losing patience cleaning the piss off the kids playmats. other than that he's a wonderful dog, especially with the kids (although of course he's probably not ecstatic about being bumped down the pecking order).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ragdolls are beautiful, i had one for years, had to say goodbye about 9 months ago, as he got Stents, there was too many for the Vet to operate.

Killed me, my little boy says weekly he misses him
Agree mate, obviously :smiley: ... sorry for your loss also .!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a pet a Salmon and a small school of Prawns and a pet Turkey called Mr Gobbles, once...
Actually, how slack is this..my dad had a pet duck when he was a kid. He turns up for dinner one day..he starts eating..when he finishes they asked him if he liked it..he said yeh..They said good because it was his pet duck..than laughed at him! I guess that is why Balmain boys don’t cry..tough upbringing.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with Dog Dementia? aka Canine Cognitive Dysfunction?

My dog is about 13 and he is just showing signs like not listening to me (but i think his hearing is fine), peeing inside at night when he never/rarely used to etc.

I'd hate to have kick him outside at night after all these years, but Mrs CD is losing patience cleaning the piss off the kids playmats. other than that he's a wonderful dog, especially with the kids (although of course he's probably not ecstatic about being bumped down the pecking order).
yes had one at about 17 years old it went around the twist, lapsed in and out of it, started yapping at night and staring into space

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yes had one at about 17 years old it went around the twist, lapsed in and out of it, started yapping at night and staring into space
Was there anything you did or could do to slow it down or help the dog?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

If it is CCD then there's medication available to treat dogs. If you haven't gone to the Vet then go asap because it is degenerative and the earlier it's picked up the better.

Dogs are weird and it could be anything though, Vet should find something and hopefully it's not too bad. My dog literally faked a limp with whimpering for a few hours...let him outside to take a piss and he broke character when he saw a bird and decided to chase after it.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I put my girl down today.
7 1/2 year old Rottie, Sura. One of the best dogs I've ever had.
Always such a shit thing to go thru, first time doing it as a dad and having to explain it to my 7 and 4 year old makes it even harder.

Attachments

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my girl down today.
7 1/2 year old Rottie, Sura. One of the best dogs I've ever had.
Always such a shit thing to go thru, first time doing it as a dad and having to explain it to my 7 and 4 year old makes it even harder.
Gorgeous dog. So sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had a male Rotty that lived to 16 years old.
He was unbelievable still guarding the place till his last breath.
I could wash him without a lead.
And his brain was like it was in synk with mine.
If i didnt trust someone neither did he.