Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

Allykat

Waterboy
Reaction score
My puppy (who turns one today!!!!!) :

His name is Boofa and he has this little purple cape that he wears soemtimes

sorry just relaised that that pic is massively big! i'll try and make it smaller

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lost this hairy little bugger today after 16 years... Amazing what a massive part they play in ones life (and I'm not a cat person)... Will miss you Jessie girl...

Post pics of that special hairy, feathery, slimy, naughty bugger in your life here... We can all go awww....
Kik-1774647194.jpg

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Aww, lived a good long life by the looks of it.

I can't post photos right now 'cause I'm on a work computer but lost 2 cats the past few years. 1 disappeared, the other was hit by a car. Both great cats.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it beats most of the other threads being started lately.

Whilst I'm not a cat person, my sincere condolences for your loss. A pet, not a human, is of course part of the family.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lost this hairy little bugger today after 16 years... Amazing what a massive part they play in ones life (and I'm not a cat person)... Will miss you Jessie girl...

Post pics of that special hairy, feathery, slimy, naughty bugger in your life here... We can all go awww....View attachment 2056
sucks man we had a cat for 17 years we found in the bush as a kitten . it got bitten by snakes, spiders, hit by cars,attacked by dogs.the only thing that could kill it was time
.hate losing pets its fucking upsetting hope your ok

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is my contribution.

I got him from a rescue shelter when he was about 3 - 4 at a time when I was single, and to be honest at a low loint in my life. It was one of those situations where I can say it feels like he chose me, and we are now pretty inseparable.

Been together almost 5 years. Real bloody charmer he is. I took him on my first date with Mrs CD (to a dog park) and to this day I am convinced he was the only reason I got a 2nd date.

Loves chasing cats and the one next door is his sworn nemesis.

Dead set chick magnet he is, especially at Bunnings.
IMG-20170202-WA0000.jpg
FB_IMG_1486000532653.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As I mentioned above this thread is so much "nicer" than so mamy others on this forum lately.

I'm not kidding myself that the world is beer and rainbows, but is it just me, or does the world (and in particular the internet) seem to be getting nastier?

Maybe we can look to our pets for inspiration. No hate at all in them.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As I mentioned above this thread is so much "nicer" than so mamy others on this forum lately.

I'm not kidding myself that the world is beer and rainbows, but is it just me, or does the world (and in particular the internet) seem to be getting nastier?

Maybe we can look to our pets for inspiration. No hate at all in them.
Agreed the negative tripe can be a bit much at times... The internet is a bit like the 'no punch rule'... Like a little halfback slapping a forward cos there is no 'real' repercussion... Though a terribly sad day, wanted to use the thread to celebrate her life that brought so much joy...
Animals are some the best people I know...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss :( ... one of the hardest things of pet ownership is knowing they won't be around one day...

I tried to fit our dog in a Bunnings trolley.. suffice to say... 40kgs of dog later.. my back was well and truly out.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is my Siamese fighting fish Somchai.

He is kind of a rescue pet. A previous tenant in my grrany flat downstairs left without him. When I called him u and said "mate, you left this fish". He said: "fuck it, just flush him down the toilet".

I looked into the fish's eyes and just could stomach it, so I gave him some fresh water and a new container to swim in, gave him a name, and now he's been sitting on my coffee table for about 4 months. I figure if he lives only a few more months it was longer than the alternative.

He doesn't say or do much, but seems pretty chilled.

20161016_114008.jpg

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love animals they're a breath of fresh air. My mrs lost her cat a year or so ago I was devasted losing that pussy. My gf got to the point of jealousy coz the push would always wake up when I got there and just wouldn't stop purring.
It was a beautiful white cat, I never liked cats until I met this one. My gf wasn't even devasted she looked for her a bit but she had a literal jealousy coz I loved that pussy so much

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Stclaire. Pets are a special part of our lives. Sadly they only occupy a fleeting portion of our lives.

I recently read a thing about writing from a pets perspective. If you could imagine how we appear to animals we're like elves.

Dog "I grow old now, but I have loved my life with him since I was an infant. He does not appear to have aged at all. Throughout the many seasons of my life he has given freely of his affection, cared for me when I was ill and seems to have wanted nothing more than my companionship in return. I feel waves of sadness from him now when my tired body struggles to complete our daily walks. My presence still gives him comfort, but in his wisdom I think he sees a time soon when I'll not be around. My love for him is immense and my only regret is that my parting will cause him sorrow"

Last edited:

DroidDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Post pics of that special hairy, feathery, slimy, naughty bugger in your life here... We can all go awww....View attachment 2056
Terribly sorry to hear of your loss, i know exactly how you feel.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Loving the pics and stories, and virtual hugs legends... Thank you... :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss :( ... one of the hardest things of pet ownership is knowing they won't be around one day...

I tried to fit our dog in a Bunnings trolley.. suffice to say... 40kgs of dog later.. my back was well and truly out.
You also wouldn't have room for any actual shopping.

I like having a small dog (but not those toy/yappy ones), as they eat less food, take smaller shits and you don't need a bigger car :grinning: