Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not all heroes wear capes...

news.com.au
Driver in Argentina lets stray dogs on his bus to protect them from bad thunderstorm
  • FEBRUARY 2, 20177:53PM

A bus driver in Argentina let stray pups onboard to protect them from heavy storms

IF THERE’S a Bus Driver of the Year award, it should go to this guy.

Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires was hit with a colossal thunderstorm recently, leaving the city a drenched mess.

During the heavy downfall and storms, a local bus driver came across a pair of frightened dogs, unaccompanied. He stopped the bus and carried the pups on-board like a true hero.

He even let them cuddle up to his feet.

The bus driver’s show of camaraderie has been praised by thousands online and has been shared over 10,000 times on Facebook.

And although animals are prohibited on public transport, the bus driver’s compassionate action has been acknowledged by the transport line.

“You cannot take animals in public transport, we are strict with the rules, but a case like this is considered because it is solidarity,” the transport line reported.

As we said earlier, this guy deserves a medal.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Old enough to remember? I'm 23 and i watched the shit out of this show. How old is it? Haha
Its hey day was in the 70s.

I remember watching reruns as a kid in the 80s.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bloody hell, it was well before my time too... But courtesy of Auntie rotating the shit out of it plenty know it well.... I think they only had the news and four shows - Are u..., some mothers.., mother and son, the bill...
Yh they constantly had reruns of it on foxtel at random times at nightnsomid always see it lol.

ohh shit it's almost 50 years old lol.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I loved the show. 69 episodes from 1972-1985. Of the regular cast only Mike Berry who played Bert Spooner is still alive. A few like 'young Mr Grace ' died whilst the show was still running.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Question: does anybody else's pet watch them shower without fail?

I never really thought about this until Mrs CD pointed out recently that our dog plonks humself on the floor at the entrance to the bathroom whenever I shower. I assume he is not a pervert but just keeping an eye out / protecting me as leader of the pack?

Is my dog just really weird?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Question: does anybody else's pet watch them shower without fail?

I never really thought about this until Mrs CD pointed out recently that our dog plonks humself on the floor at the entrance to the bathroom whenever I shower. I assume he is not a pervert but just keeping an eye out / protecting me as leader of the pack?

Is my dog just really weird?
Yep... our dog and my wife.. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME without fail.

Me, well she doesn't really worry too much.

Then again the missus is home most days with pooch so I'm no longer the alpha dog LOL.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not shower, but toilet.... Lolol... If not shut bathroom door properly, jess would come in, sit down, and just stare at me....

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not shower, but toilet.... Lolol... If not shut bathroom door properly, jess would come in, sit down, and just stare at me....
Yeah ... see I don't get that at all.

Dogs sense of smell is far greater than a humans... and if I can smell myself and think "christ that dump STINKS", I wonder what poor poochie is thinking, and why the hell she'd hang around!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Dogs sense of smell is far greater than a humans... and if I can smell myself and think "christ that dump STINKS", I wonder what poor poochie is thinking, and why the hell she'd hang around!!
Poochie is having nasty thoughts. "look ****, I appreciate the food belly rubs and walks, but in no way should that give you the right to shit in my water bowl.

Otherwise pooch might think your a magician. Dog thinks"I smell the poo, I hear it splash but then he wooshes and it's gone. Pity cos I wanted to roll in it"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I used to have a pet lizard. I caught it in my back yard. He died after 2 days. I miss that little guy :cry:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mine does that and I have my own theory on it.

Dogs can feel quite vulnerable when they are doing #2s, and you will often see them looking around to make sure they aren't going to be attacked/humped whilst attempting it. At the dog park, my own boy will go a decent distance away from me to do it, but maintains some eye contact to make sure the leader of the pack has got his back. I then proceed in a beeline towards him to collect the results. So I guess when I am using the loo, he feels he is doing his bit for the pack by being close.

Something like that anyway.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

What dogs think is a bad smell and what we do i think are quite different. Mine loves sleeping/laying on any clothing (& even footwear) left on the floor, no mated how putrid. He wants to feel close to the pack.

When I am not home, if Mrs CD is in the kitchen preparing something or sitting on the couch, he will put himself between her and the door to make sure she is protected. I think it will be interesting if we ever have kids, to see how he adjusts to moving down the pack order.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One ear up one ear down. Our girl does the same or nine times out of ten has like 4 beds... sleeps on tiles in bathroom.

*sigh*