Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is my Siamese fighting fish Somchai.

He is kind of a rescue pet. A previous tenant in my grrany flat downstairs left without him. When I called him u and said "mate, you left this fish". He said: "fuck it, just flush him down the toilet".

I looked into the fish's eyes and just could stomach it, so I gave him some fresh water and a new container to swim in, gave him a name, and now he's been sitting on my coffee table for about 4 months. I figure if he lives only a few more months it was longer than the alternative.

He doesn't say or do much, but seems pretty chilled.

View attachment 2063
Good on you for giving him a home.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on you for giving him a home.
Well he was hardly expensive. He had some food, and his bowl is an old vase I found in the pantry (clearly I don;t buy my wife flowers very often). All I bought was some pebbles, a fake plant and some water ager from Pet Barn. Cost a grand total of about $12.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

He is kind of a rescue pet. A previous tenant in my grrany flat downstairs left without him. When I called him u and said "mate, you left this fish". He said: "fuck it, just flush him down the toilet".

I looked into the fish's eyes and just could stomach it, so I gave him some fresh water and a new container to swim in, gave him a name, and now he's been sitting on my coffee table for about 4 months. I figure if he lives only a few more months it was longer than the alternative.

View attachment 2063
That's a lovely handbag you have there on the right :grinning:

You really should be taking that fish for daily walks around the block so it doesn't blow out in size :D

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well he was hardly expensive. He had some food, and his bowl is an old vase I found in the pantry (clearly I don;t buy my wife flowers very often). All I bought was some pebbles, a fake plant and some water ager from Pet Barn. Cost a grand total of about $12.
Hahaha good on you mate, I have a mate who has spent well over a thousand on his fish tank, his got a 6 footer fish tank and has the most ridiculous looking fish,and among them he has 2 big yellow fish I think there called Plecos? or something like that and they legitimately cost a fortune.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a lovely handbag you have there on the right :grinning:

You really should be taking that fish for daily walks around the block so it doesn't blow out in size :D
You know I do try to be conscious when taking photos at home that I don't leave anything revealing/incriminating in the background, or take photos in the nood when there is a reflective surface in the picture...

But considering my wife's handbag fetish it's hard to avoid them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As I mentioned above this thread is so much "nicer" than so mamy others on this forum lately.

I'm not kidding myself that the world is beer and rainbows, but is it just me, or does the world (and in particular the internet) seem to be getting nastier?

Maybe we can look to our pets for inspiration. No hate at all in them.
Unconditional love from your pet is one of the best things in the world. We have three; a cross pug and two cats; smoky grey tabby boy and silver tabby girl. The girl, our latest ,was a rescue animal and she has settled in well with us and the other fur babies. I will try and post some pictures of them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unconditional love from your pet is one of the best things in the world. We have three; a cross pug and two cats; smoky grey tabby boy and silver tabby girl. The girl, our latest ,was a rescue animal and she has settled in well with us and the other fur babies. I will try and post some pictures of them.
You have to post photos. It is a requirement of this thread :p

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

View attachment 2063
Lol. I remember your previous posts regarding your various downstairs tenants. Obviously he did not care as much as you, your kindness is not unnoticed.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@stclair , i hope this brings a smile to your face.

For those of us old enough to remember this show, when it comes to pussy, Mrs Slocombe was the boss (although we never actually got to see it)...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. I remember your previous posts regarding your various downstairs tenants. Obviously he did not care as much as you, your kindness is not unnoticed.
I have had 8 tenants in last 3 years, and sometimes I feel like i could write a book...

The current one (nice American lesbian with a well bahaved dog) is probably the pick of the litter. However, she will be the last. When she moves out i'm converting downstairs to an office...

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant thank you all enough for your kind words and awwwwwwsome pics my kennel komrades... And a wonderful message... Really means a great deal to me...
Keep those pics coming...

Attachments

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score

For those of us old enough to remember this show, when it comes to pussy, Mrs Slocombe was the boss (although we never actually got to see it)...

Thx legend... :grinning:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love animals they're a breath of fresh air. My mrs lost her cat a year or so ago I was devasted losing that pussy. My gf got to the point of jealousy coz the push would always wake up when I got there and just wouldn't stop purring.
It was a beautiful white cat, I never liked cats until I met this one. My gf wasn't even devasted she looked for her a bit but she had a literal jealousy coz I loved that pussy so much
The fuk is questionable about this post?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Old enough to remember? I'm 23 and i watched the shit out of this show. How old is it? Haha

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Old enough to remember? I'm 23 and i watched the shit out of this show. How old is it? Haha
Bloody hell, it was well before my time too... But courtesy of Auntie rotating the shit out of it plenty know it well.... I think they only had the news and four shows - Are u..., some mothers.., mother and son, the bill...