Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I used to go there all the time before my dog went blind. Red bellied black snakes up the wazooo.

Swimming in there is weird AF too. I did it once and the water has all these really cold spots which probably means it is really deep. Quite unnerving. Also lots of algae.
Fuck red bellies, fuck brown snakes, fuck Black Mamba, FUCK THEM ALL.

Ironically, though, I do not wish to descend my fuck to the deadliest snake on Earth, Australia' very own Inland Taipan. These guys won't attack you for the sake of living. They'll only attack you if you attack them. So they aren't *****.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I used to go there all the time before my dog went blind. Red bellied black snakes up the wazooo.

Swimming in there is weird AF too. I did it once and the water has all these really cold spots which probably means it is really deep. Quite unnerving. Also lots of algae.
We take ouur dog there all the time (probably once every month or two). Strangely never seen any snakes (although that said I avoid it on hot summer days), and I believe breeding season for snakes at the moment has been huge due to conditions.

Never swum there as I don't trust the water quality, although pooch has splashed around in the shallows along the shoreline before.

Better not show my wife... her brother runs his own manufacturing jewelery business. She'll be hitting him / me up for a custom Labrador ring.

Wahesh

Reaction score
We take ouur dog there all the time (probably once every month or two). Strangely never seen any snakes (although that said I avoid it on hot summer days), and I believe breeding season for snakes at the moment has been huge due to conditions.

Never swum there as I don't trust the water quality, although pooch has splashed around in the shallows along the shoreline before.

Better not show my wife... her brother runs his own manufacturing jewelery business. She'll be hitting him / me up for a custom Labrador ring.
The funny thing is I came across those on ebay while searching for this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/zHAAAOSwofxUbtmr/s-l1600.jpg

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I go there all the time to hike. Never seen a snake, but I have huge lizards.

It’s like Kakadu National Park in the middle of the city. Love it.

As for the croc, was a couple years ago now so if anyone got a chomp we’d know about it. It would’ve been a fair size too.

I just think he thought it was funny, an didn’t think about the ramifications at all.
Best case is the croc froze to death which in itself is completely grim too.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I go there all the time to hike. Never seen a snake, but I have huge lizards.

It’s like Kakadu National Park in the middle of the city. Love it.

As for the croc, was a couple years ago now so if anyone got a chomp we’d know about it. It would’ve been a fair size too.

I just think he thought it was funny, an didn’t think about the ramifications at all.
Best case is the croc froze to death which in itself is completely grim too.
I guess it depends if it's a saltwater or a freshie. Freshwater crocs aren't as batshit crazy as saltwaters.

But yeah I don't think they'd cope well with the winters, although Featherdale have crocs, Wonderland had crocs, and Sydney Wildlife world has crocs. Then again maybe they have heated areas.

Reminds me of when we did our great FNQ road trip.. driving along on the highway between Townsville and Port Douglas, north of Cairns, and this farkn huge about 2m long Lace Monitor comes across the road in front of the car. I'm like "fuck that" and just pulled over and waited for it to pass ..

Wahesh

Reaction score
I guess it depends if it's a saltwater or a freshie. Freshwater crocs aren't as batshit crazy as saltwaters.

But yeah I don't think they'd cope well with the winters, although Featherdale have crocs, Wonderland had crocs, and Sydney Wildlife world has crocs. Then again maybe they have heated areas.

Reminds me of when we did our great FNQ road trip.. driving along on the highway between Townsville and Port Douglas, north of Cairns, and this farkn huge about 2m long Lace Monitor comes across the road in front of the car. I'm like "fuck that" and just pulled over and waited for it to pass ..
Were there other cars behind you that did the same thing?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:| doggo is off to see the vet as shes had a mass appear on a nipple overnight ... hate this sort of thing :\

Only just noticed it about 20 minutes ago.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:| doggo is off to see the vet as shes had a mass appear on a nipple overnight ... hate this sort of thing :\

Only just noticed it about 20 minutes ago.
I hope it's nothing serious Mr I.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Those snakes look amazing. I also got bitten by one because i found them so amazing, not a fun experience haha.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a Pomeranian and a Border Collie—AMA

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:| doggo is off to see the vet as shes had a mass appear on a nipple overnight ... hate this sort of thing :\ Only just noticed it about 20 minutes ago.
I hope it's nothing serious Mr I.
Thanks mate...

Turns out poor girl had a sebaceous cyst come up. It got lanced and pus/blood came out so vet was saying it won't be cancerous.

Pills and some cream and she should be okay... but shit like that always gets me worried.

Wahesh

Reaction score
This little guy isn't mine but I wish he was <3

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Is she the one that makes her "Pup Dad" proud with the farts?

The many faces of Louisa... shes our little princess and makes even the shittiest of times awesome :grinning: She's also the one you hear snoring loud as all fuck when I'm on mic on Battlefield.

She's got her "indognito" moments, where she tries to pretend she is a human (ThugLife on left, Little Red Riding Woof on the right).

Then there are her moments where she looks like a total derp, or a bear

and then her everyday moments :grinning:

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the dog photos guys
I love seeing all the dogs
I can’t upload photos
My images are too big apparently