Perspective For Those With The Pitch Forks Out On Barrett

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He had a good squad at Manly and they underperformed which led to his sacking.

His squad here isn’t crash hot but they’re definitely underperforming so far also.

I’m willing to give him a chance but will need to see sharp improvement. The performances to date have been the most uninspiring in our clubs history. Pitchforks will be out if we’re still trudging along in this fashion after 12 rounds.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

His squad here isn’t crash hot but they’re definitely underperforming so far also.

I’m willing to give him a chance but will need to see sharp improvement. The performances to date have been the most uninspiring in our clubs history. Pitchforks will be out if we’re still trudging along in this fashion after 12 rounds.
Im expecting this team to start showing improvement around rounds 10-12... If there is no chemistry or cohesion between the squad then there is a serious issue at hand.

Only thing that will save Barrett will be the signing of an additional players in required areas.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im expecting this team to start showing improvement around rounds 10-12... If there is no chemistry or cohesion between the squad then there is a serious issue at hand.

Only thing that will save Barrett will be the signing of an additional players in required areas.
I tend to agree the second half of the season should be a fair marking point,
mind you a few other factors to consider could also play a part.
Look at what happen in our first month with 8 or so players out through injury and suspensions.
I am not making excuses for TB down the road either

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

They were going through the same thing as us, yeah they had some decent players but overall an average squad that couldnt do much... even manly fans would agree

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
12 rounds is plenty to judge how he is travelling. If we are still winless and clueless by then he will become our Seibold.

Thommo, Jackson and Okunbor etc coming back will help make a difference and the combinations should be forming by then. I am really getting sick of hearing next year will be when we see improvement...

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They were going through the same thing as us, yeah they had some decent players but overall an average squad that couldnt do much... even manly fans would agree
Quite the contrary. Manly fans are laughing at us for signing Barrett and thinking that he could be some kind of saviour.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
NRL has fucked the game, teams being so tired they are shirt grabbing is not skillful when it leads to a try. Prefer early 2010 league to this shit

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

And none of that is unreasonable Horse. So let's wait and see how we look by then as we don't have a choice..

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL have made the game faster and our our biggest problem is not just a lack of direction but one major problem is we lack match fitness and cant match it with the opposition. Seriously the 20k so called fitness Centre des made us build is it useful because its not showing on the field .

HenryJ23

Waterboy
Reaction score
Quite the contrary. Manly fans are laughing at us for signing Barrett and thinking that he could be some kind of saviour.
Is this a joke? They just extended Haslers contract.. people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone that thinks baz can’t coach, just remember the 2 clubs that hes been at officially as a head coach has been decimated by Des Hasler.
when he started at manly they were regressing badly and he managed to make 1 finals appearance and then it all went to shit and then he got punted. Now at the dogs we have only just started clearing out our deadwood after 3 years of doing nothing and wasting time caused by haslers back ended contracts, with 15 players off contract and he will get an opportunity to work with a team that he wants and will suit his coaching style.... this season is very crucial for Barrett and we haven’t seen his true potential at all yet cause he hasn’t really had the opportunity to work with a team he inherited..... all eyes on his recruiting this year.
By far the BEST POST I’ve seen you make on TK Alzz - I knew you had it in you!! I’m in shock, but kudos! :-).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL have made the game faster and our our biggest problem is not just a lack of direction but one major problem is we lack match fitness and cant match it with the opposition. Seriously the 20k so called fitness Centre des made us build is it useful because its not showing on the field .
The way the season is playing out indicates that refs calls and 6 agains at the right end of the tackle count serve to trump fitness. Quite obvious that our finishing has been crap. But that's been the case for almost every team when they lose this year. While almost every team on the winning end looks like a rep team playing against an under 6 team.

The way the game is being played this year makes it almost like NFL. Getting a roll on generally gives you more time to attack. But in the NFL they've recognised that they need both an attacking group and a defensive group. Doesn't matter how fit our players are. It's not isolated to our club that when the leading side is getting a roll on through 6 agains that the defense collapses. The athletes playing league all their lives have trained for years for situations where they might at any stage be forced to defend for 12-18 tackles. But not to defend for 12-18 tackle stints 6-8 times per match. There has been breaks in play in league since it's inception.

I really think that if I was to referee a match between the Panthers and any bottom three club I could give out 6 agains at the right time and leave them in a position where they'd be the only team left with the energy to play and they'd steamroll Penrith. Even the fittest of the NRL's athletes will struggle with the elevated workload of defending for long periods that the 6 again creates.