Perrett 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
his defence is good

watch these 2 situations and imagine perrett had stayed on the wing each time

(2:10) perrett pressure, then (2:14) manly ruin it anyway by trying to go short but his positioning means that they need to throw the difficult pass compared to if he stayed on his winger they could have worked the numbers, in the next clip manly do score the try but perrett's positioning again made it more difficult than if he was out there marking his man

i think there was another situation where perrett came in to shut down the overlap and forced them into a tap on that went into touch

(0:37) also if perrett stayed marking his winger whenever lafai and his inside men got caught out, it would look something like that

the manly player reacted too late to rush in, but if he was up in reynolds face and forced us to throw it over the top or quick catch&pass then that is more preferable defence

in conclusion its tough being a winger, sometimes you are put in a no win scenario

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
you cant time link a youtube video in this new kennel ffs, edited post

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What happened to Perrett 1?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh, sometimes he's good. Sometimes he makes me cringe.
I agree, he made good decisions on Friday night.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this turning into another humble pie thread???? :p I have always like Perrett Senior........:rolleyes:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
his defence is good

(2:10) perrett pressure, then (2:14) manly ruin it anyway by trying to go short but his positioning means that they need to throw the difficult pass compared to if he stayed on his winger they could have worked the numbers, in the next clip manly do score the try but perrett's positioning again made it more difficult than if he was out there marking his man

i think there was another situation where perrett came in to shut down the overlap and forced them into a tap on that went into touch

(0:37) also if perrett stayed marking his winger whenever lafai and his inside men got caught out, it would look something like that

the manly player reacted too late to rush in, but if he was up in reynolds face and forced us to throw it over the top or quick catch&pass then that is more preferable defence

in conclusion its tough being a winger, sometimes you are put in a no win scenario

that was 36 minute in the first half when taufua got the ball due to an overlap and perret stopped a certain try by tackling him one on one.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
his defence is good

Can't agree, he stays out marking Taufua he stops the try, probably takes the intercept

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
that was 36 minute in the first half when taufua got the ball due to an overlap and perret stopped a certain try by tackling him one on one.
Taufua gets a better pass he probably runs over Perrett, not that Phillips could have done any better. That pass was diabolical

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Can't agree, he stays out marking Taufua he stops the try, probably takes the intercept
except that the manly player sees that he is marking taufua so he then hits a short pass instead and matai scores

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
except that the manly player sees that he is marking taufua so he then hits a short pass instead and matai scores
With Jackson marking Matai, Stanley and Reynolds looming in cover.

Simply saying I couldn't criticise Perrett if he stayed wide on his assignment

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just where did manly score there only try, just saying

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
With Jackson marking Matai, Stanley and Reynolds looming in cover.

Simply saying I couldn't criticise Perrett if he stayed wide on his assignment
no, jackson dives to tackle trbojevic and if you pause the video just as trbojevic is passing then you can see that the reynolds/hop cover would have a huge problem to stop matai in time, maybe perrett could stay in front of them/not get turned around but the idea would be the same to mark seemingly nobody but keeping matai covered and forcing them to make the more difficult pass, sometimes thats the only thing you can do

the cover got across because of the floating ball and slight fumble bought them some time

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we talking Lloyd cream puff perret or pensioner Sam perret lol

Some members love and some members hate him. Why the constant need to defend him.
Isn't that the purpose of a forum = differing opinions?
Your not going to change anyone's mind if
they already can't stand him. He's passed it in my books and one good game won't change my mind.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait until Corey Oates runs over the top of him or koribete and radradra and then I'll start a perret #3 thread.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Are we talking Lloyd cream puff perret or pensioner Sam perret lol

Some members love and some members hate him. Why the constant need to defend him.
Isn't that the purpose of a forum = differing opinions?
Your not going to change anyone's mind if
they already can't stand him. He's passed it in my books and one good game won't change my mind.
I don't hate him never did even if he plays good all year . it's just that I think he should step aside for some young guns like Phillips .

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't hate him never did even if he plays good all year . it's just that I think he should step aside for some young guns like Phillips .
I don't hate him personally either
I just hate the way he plays footy in our side

Status
Not open for further replies.