Perham

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Honestly take a moment to reflect on Perhams game today and try not to vomit.
The dropped ball for their third try was pure shit! What was worse is once they got that far in front they found their confidence and started throwing the ball around, before that they were almost as bad as us.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember in like round 2 when I thought he maybe wasn't going to be shit? :sob:
I remember that game. Was also cautiously optimistic. Says a lot, though, that, even in his best performance, there were still excuses that had to be made for some of the things he failed to do on the day. :P

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The pet project that backfired

What did Averillo do to deserve getting shafted from the FB position for this guy???

No wonder Avo wanted out, absolute joke.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The pet project that backfired

What did Averillo do to deserve getting shafted from the FB position for this guy???

No wonder Avo wanted out, absolute joke.
Averillo is only getting 400k or so from the dolphins considering the new salary cap that's nothing massive seems like we didn't even come to the table.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How underrated was Sam Perrett ? Best fullback since Barba
Very underrated, safe as a bank, reliable, know exactly what you will get from him every week. I think he represented NZ at one stage, not the fake all stars game where they hand out a rep jersey because no one is available for selection.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How underrated was Sam Perrett ? Best fullback since Barba
He was a very good/solid fullback, exactly what perham is attempting to me except perrett was miles better in every aspect of his game.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How this motherfucker cant grip a ball nor catch is beyond me! Is FB even his position? I watched clips of him at Parra the **** was useless. Why do we always get rejects from other clubs?

Im over our recruitment team

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Remember in like round 2 when I thought he maybe wasn't going to be shit? :sob:
Yes haha, I didn't want him at FB but i was adamant he could make a good centre based on reserve grade efforts.
A few of us owe @Bulldogsteve an apology haha, he knew he was shit all along.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy copped a lot of heat, probably because of the sweep plays where he'd run out of room and take the tackle or not set up enough plays in attack, I don't think this is the key role for a fullback even though it's evolved into a fullbacks role. Bulldogs should've worked out better how to use him/not use in attack, maybe use him as a decoy runner or just a support runner around the ruck on 1st and 4th for example.

Perham isn't my first choice fullback but for an inexperienced player, he done ok, defused a lot of situations, didn't give away many frustrating errors, etc.

I don't have full stats available but I came across a major key fullback stat I was surprised to see. Kick returns. 1709699627422.png1709699637266.png

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This guy copped a lot of heat, probably because of the sweep plays where he'd run out of room and take the tackle or not set up enough plays in attack, I don't think this is the key role for a fullback even though it's evolved into a fullbacks role. Bulldogs should've worked out better how to use him/not use in attack, maybe use him as a decoy runner or just a support runner around the ruck on 1st and 4th for example.

Perham isn't my first choice fullback but for an inexperienced player, he done ok, defused a lot of situations, didn't give away many frustrating errors, etc.

I don't have full stats available but I came across a major key fullback stat I was surprised to see. Kick returns. View attachment 103597View attachment 103598
Gotta put it in terms of average metres per run though to see if it means anything. As one of the bottom clubs, we had less possession most games and so I could imagine we might have had more kick returns than other teams, bumping up his totals each game.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I don't have full stats available but I came across a major key fullback stat I was surprised to see. Kick returns. View attachment 103597View attachment 103598
You obviously didn't watch our games last year if you think perhams only problem was running out of room for sweep plays and that other than that "he did ok"

Ffs some of the posts on the kennel, massive facepalm

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gotta put it in terms of average metres per run though to see if it means anything. As one of the bottom clubs, we had less possession most games and so I could imagine we might have had more kick returns than other teams, bumping up his totals each game.
Yeah true, not enough easily accessible stats. After 19 games patterns emerge, unless each of those 19 matches Bulldogs were bombarded with kicks and that didn't really happen. The load was shared with other backs too, the Wilsons and others.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs should've worked out better how to use him
Indeed. And the answer was/is: Ron Massey Cup.

How many of those KRM's were earned running sideline to sideline, dancing around, or tripping over himself, I wonder?

A disaster selection that was rectified (kinda) way too late.

Let's hope that if similar decisions are required this year, at Fullback & Half, we're making them earlier, rather than later (when we're all talking 2025).