Performance based clause

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When pay was extended last year, I recall some people saying that his extension included a performance based clause in it. If that is the case then surely he has not met anything and can easily be sacked for this. Can anyone recall or confirm this?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His performance clause was that he had to win 1 game a season for his contract to be renewed and it also depends on how many hitups Tolman does on the 4th...

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
When pay was extended last year, I recall some people saying that his extension included a performance based clause in it. If that is the case then surely he has not met anything and can easily be sacked for this. Can anyone recall or confirm this?
I know he is a rookie coach and probably struggling with certain aspects but don’t you acknowledge he’s been given little to work with? The board won’t even let him sign the players he wants apparently he was very keen on Reynolds for 1.5 year contract and they wouldn’t give him that? The real problem here is the factions on the board and the inactivity. You could never imagine a marque coach getting told who he can and can’t have by the board. We should have nailed a few signings by now.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well if there isn’t then we need a new diss track, this time on Andrew Hill mate

“Where da Performanz clauzzes @“ - Yung AlzzZz ft. Wendoggydogg69

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know he is a rookie coach and probably struggling with certain aspects but don’t you acknowledge he’s been given little to work with? The board won’t even let him sign the players he wants apparently he was very keen on Reynolds for 1.5 year contract and they wouldn’t give him that? The real problem here is the factions on the board and the inactivity. You could never imagine a marque coach getting told who he can and can’t have by the board. We should have nailed a few signings by now.
The issue with Reynolds is what tigers would contribute. Everyone in the media makes out we knocked him back for 100k lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue with Reynolds is what tigers would contribute. Everyone in the media makes out we knocked him back for 100k lol
That’s only one supposed example of him not getting what he wanted. And I’m not pro pay but tell me what is the point of having the cash if you are just going to sit on it? Api had agreed to come.. that’s just another example of many.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Because that gives tigers more flexibility in taking potential targets we may want. Once Barrett was at Penrith Api was never coming to us.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Because that gives tigers more flexibility in taking potential targets we may want. Once Barrett was at Penrith Api was never coming to us.
I didn’t really want Reynolds but by your logic.. how was that worked for us? Who did we get from tigers by not taking Reynolds? And if the money Penrith are offering is comparative yeah why not go back to the coach you know. But if it’s not don’t make out Api went to Penrith for significantly less money. And my point is I don’t think the coach is getting the players he wants cause he’s not on the same page as the board. And furthermore if we are talking flexibility.. nobody can flex as much as us cash wise right now... (except the roosters)

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
re next year or another extension - I noted the other day in that article quoting Lynne A - she said something like "we want to give Deano some time get some wins before we make a decision". That tells me he has to actually win some games to get an extension, so unlikely to be here in 2021

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m talking about immediate sacking
Coaches don’t have clauses that can be activated mid season . The performance based clauses are activated after a full season.

For instance Seibold wouldn’t have a clause whereby if he loses 6 games in a row he is sacked immediately. No coach would sign that

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if Pay could get sacked today without a pay out what’s the point? Antonelli or Goergallis will replace him and it won’t change a thing.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even if Pay could get sacked today without a pay out what’s the point? Antonelli or Goergallis will replace him and it won’t change a thing.
Well for starters maybe choose the right team, and maybe even a fresh approach, but obviously it will only be caretaker role

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he has has hit his goal. 1 from 8 LOL

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay is gone. Been hearing Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns to come in next year to fix our attack.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is gone. Been hearing Brad Fittler and Andrew Johns to come in next year to fix our attack.
Under which coach? They could come now if they wanted and help work on attack.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very true but it signals that commitment to a new coach

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don’t see the club sacking him anymore. If they were going to, they would have already. More likely than not they are hoping for a win, and will extend him during the rep rounds.