People working from home complaining..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Had dinner with friends and family the other day and the discussion turned to everyone’s work conditions during the last year as expected. So I noticed a couple of the people were complaining about how hard it’s been the last year (fortunately no one in the group that night had lost their jobs or even had reduced hours) but I asked one friend that was complaining how things have been and asked if they were back to normal hours or a couple of days a week and she was like “oh no I haven’t been to the office since March 11”. So I’ve had about three days off this year doing 7:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday in the car or on the train by about 6:15am every morning. And whilst I’m not complaining as I’m very happy I have an income and I actually don’t mind my job and I fail to find any sort of sympathy for the people that have been able to transition to working from home as I feel they have pretty much just had the last Fucking year off. Yes I know if kids are home ect it makes things a bit difficult but don’t for a second tell me you aren’t still or at least sometimes still in your pyjamas on the couch with the dog at 10:30 in the morning watching Netflix with a cup of coffee and piece of toast. Fuck off those people have “worked” hard this year they need to admit they have had one big year off.. What do all you people who have had to listen to the work from home complainers think?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had dinner with friends and family the other day and the discussion turned to everyone’s work conditions during the last year as expected. So I noticed a couple of the people were complaining about how hard it’s been the last year (fortunately no one in the group that night had lost their jobs or even had reduced hours) but I asked one friend that was complaining how things have been and asked if they were back to normal hours or a couple of days a week and she was like “oh no I haven’t been to the office since March 11”. So I’ve had about three days off this year doing 7:00am to 3:00pm Monday to Friday in the car or on the train by about 6:15am every morning. And whilst I’m not complaining as I’m very happy I have an income and I actually don’t mind my job and I fail to find any sort of sympathy for the people that have been able to transition to working from home as I feel they have pretty much just had the last Fucking year off. Yes I know if kids are home ect it makes things a bit difficult but don’t for a second tell me you aren’t still or at least sometimes still in your pyjamas on the couch with the dog at 10:30 in the morning watching Netflix with a cup of coffee and piece of toast. Fuck off those people have “worked” hard this year they need to admit they have had one big year off.. What do all you people who have had to listen to the work from home complainers think?
My son and daughter have each been working from their own homes, and have found it far more enjoyable and productive than working in the office. No transport issues, and no interruptions from time wasting workmates. No having to arrange conference venues and constantly changing travel plans.

In my daughter's case, as it gets back to normal she now has to travel again - and she does not like flying.

The down side from working at home is that sometimes you need to have face to face meetings to keep the rapport between employees - otherwise we might as well hand over all jobs to India.

Must admit, the break from doing tour guiding has given me the opportunity to give up the overseas tours. The long haul flights were just becoming too much of a drag. I'm focusing now on domestic tours.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working from home is nowhere near as productive. People are doing themselfs out if a job... If they want to convince their employer they can work from home, the next step is the employer may as well hire someone working remotely from India.. no he costs and no oncosts.. watch it happen .

Employees think they are fooling their employers saying they can work from home.. they might be home permanently but without a job

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worked from home for six months as my wife is in the high risk category and I loved it. Will admit to being "on the couch with the dog at 10:30 in the morning watching Netflix with a cup of coffee" and my work laptop, but I did get shit done.

The big reason I loved it was my wife doesn't work Fridays so she can have our grandson for the day (and sometimes the night) and that's been happening since he was six weeks old. Being home every Friday meant me and the Pharaoh developed a fantastic relationship and now every time he comes over it's all fun and smiles. I'll also admit that for most of Fridays its me and him running back to the laptop just to move the mouse. :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never had a work from home job. But I imagine it's much harder to both switch on to work mode and then off when the day is done.

I ran my own lawn mowing business while I was a full-time student at University. I found that after 4 days of 9-5 & 1 day of 8-2 lectures and practicals, it was a shitload easier to get out of the house and mow a lawn than to open up the books and do more study or assignments. So I assume a lot of people would find the motivation aspect of working from home to be the hard part.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I worked from home for six months as my wife is in the high risk category and I loved it. Will admit to being "on the couch with the dog at 10:30 in the morning watching Netflix with a cup of coffee" and my work laptop, but I did get shit done.

The big reason I loved it was my wife doesn't work Fridays so she can have our grandson for the day (and sometimes the night) and that's been happening since he was six weeks old. Being home every Friday meant me and the Pharaoh developed a fantastic relationship and now every time he comes over it's all fun and smiles. I'll also admit that for most of Fridays its me and him running back to the laptop just to move the mouse. :grinning:
And this is exactly what my point was to the girl the other day is don’t feel you have to pretend you have had a rough year or don’t feel guilty because you have had quite a good working year.. Of course no ones a fan of gloating but just admit the change has been beneficial and you are really enjoying it and fuck it rub it in a bit.

I told her the most important thing is we both still have employment and she can definitely call me out for being fairly jealous that she has had a chilled working year but she should at least admit she has had a chilled working year.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If you are on windows just download the move mouse app ;)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All of the businesses I’ve spoken to have said productivity is definitely up with employees working from home.
Employees have told me they are expected to do more work than ever and put in more hours. The employers are by far the winners with people I know and they are saving a fair bit of money too

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
For sure they love it. They’re complaints are just to keep under the radar secretly hoping it lasts forever.
I compare it to being stuck in the Maldives in a 5 star hotel because of an airline strike and complaining the weather is too hot and your sick of snorkelling everyday.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I work from home but I go into the office to get away from home. Kids, chores are the main reasons.

I do milk it and go beach and other outdoor activities, sleep in, netflix late, so it definitely has it's perks, I'm not complaining.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
All of the businesses I’ve spoken to have said productivity is definitely up with employees working from home.
Employees have told me they are expected to do more work than ever and put in more hours. The employers are by far the winners with people I know and they are saving a fair bit of money too
This is what this friend was saying the other day about “soooo much more work” but then later on made a comment about how nice the beach was last Tuesday morning. Not to mention every second day she would meet up with my missus in the school holidays (my missus is a teacher) to have brunch or do palates or whatever. If she is still doing emails at 10:30 at night and it’s working for her that’s great but she can’t complain about “so much more work” when she also brags about not waking up before 9:30am all year.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is what this friend was saying the other day about “soooo much more work” but then later on made a comment about how nice the beach was last Tuesday morning. Not to mention every second day she would meet up with my missus in the school holidays (my missus is a teacher) to have brunch or do palates or whatever. If she is still doing emails at 10:30 at night and it’s working for her that’s great but she can’t complain about “so much more work” when she also brags about not waking up before 9:30am all year.
That would be alright but my mates and family have zoom meetings all day & a lot of it they need to be interacting most of the day. It’s definitely created some bad habits with people. I know the office isn’t as productive but not having that social interaction and relying on technology would piss me off

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had a work from home job. But I imagine it's much harder to both switch on to work mode and then off when the day is done.

I ran my own lawn mowing business while I was a full-time student at University. I found that after 4 days of 9-5 & 1 day of 8-2 lectures and practicals, it was a shitload easier to get out of the house and mow a lawn than to open up the books and do more study or assignments. So I assume a lot of people would find the motivation aspect of working from home to be the hard part.
It may have took a global viral pandemic covid-19 for us to agree on anything but I agree with you.

People do the minimum from home in between watching Netflix

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think everyone's done that.

I'm happy to go to the office 2 days per week and WFH 3 days per week. I think that this whole Covid-19 thing has proven to employers world wide that WFH can be made to work.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think everyone's done that.

I'm happy to go to the office 2 days per week and WFH 3 days per week. I think that this whole Covid-19 thing has proven to employers world wide that WFH can be made to work.
If you want to convince employees you can work from home (you can't) then dont complain when they agree and then hire from overseas.. what's the difference working remotely from home and someone else working remotely from overseas..

Will leave all the working from home bludgers without a job.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to convince employees you can work from home (you can't) then dont complain when they agree and then hire from overseas.. what's the difference working remotely from home and someone else working remotely from overseas..

As long as you don't complain when all your personal information is sold to the highest bidder by those overseas workers.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as you don't complain when all your personal information is sold to the highest bidder by those overseas workers.
They are fkn shite anyway. There is 0 chance Indians and Philippines will take over most of the work. Seriously the amount of time it takes to explain the simplest of tasks, then once you get it back you have to spend time to fix their fuck ups...

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Living in Canberra, our situation with Covid has been less difficult than lots of other areas. Even when our govt advised to work from home if possible, I sent all my staff home and I stayed in the office. Wife working from home, kids, dogs - working from home for me would have been unproductive as fuck. I routinely have at least 10-15 projects on the go at the same time, our remote server is rubbish so working on them in the office was the best option. Also a large chunk of my work is on-site, building sites in the ACT didn't shut or slow down.

I brought everyone back in the office as soon as the govt said we could - a couple were unhappy about it but that's because they were happy doing fuck all working from home. In a design office where collaboration is key, having people working remotely sucked.

Our govt clients have only recently started filtering back into their offices, face to face meetings are still iffy depending on numbers, so Microsoft Teams meetings are the norm still.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

In order to work for the Government you need to be an Australia Citizen. Private enterprise however ight have that problem.