People that drive convertibles? Are most of em rejects?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the way to work today, I saw some older guy in a business suit drive by in a convertible, top down. I had to Snicker and chuckle as he was trying to be a show off but it was a older Mazda MX5. Come on aye..

Maybe if it's a new Mercedes convertible we could all respect him a bit but an old Mazda MX5. Haha

Driving a convertible really is being showy, but you gotta deliver.. a Mustang convertible? Maybe, a new Audi or Mercedes yeah ok, a Ferrari or lambo, of course.

But driving a convertible that is a average car like a Holden astra or old Mazda MX5, it's a bit ridiculous don't you think? Invites a chuckle, a scoff and a heckle.

Then there are those who drive a convertible top down at night? Who you trying to be? Like people who sit outside their local fish n chip shop but think they are harbour side.

Then it's also who you are as well, an older guy with a bald head invites a laugh as well. A few strands of hair blowing in the breeze haha

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What about an old Honda S2000 convertible, does that qualify as respectable?

It's old but they haven't made any recently

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
On the way to work today, I saw some older guy in a business suit drive by in a convertible, top down. I had to Snicker and chuckle as he was trying to be a show off but it was a older Mazda MX5. Come on aye..

Maybe if it's a new Mercedes convertible we could all respect him a bit but an old Mazda MX5. Haha

Driving a convertible really is being showy, but you gotta deliver.. a Mustang convertible? Maybe, a new Audi or Mercedes yeah ok, a Ferrari or lambo, of course.

But driving a convertible that is a average car like a Holden astra or old Mazda MX5, it's a bit ridiculous don't you think? Invites a chuckle, a scoff and a heckle.

Then there are those who drive a convertible top down at night? Who you trying to be? Like people who sit outside their local fish n chip shop but think they are harbour side.

Then it's also who you are as well, an older guy with a bald head invites a laugh as well. A few strands of hair blowing in the breeze haha
On the way to work lol you work? Lol you should be retired and a multi millionaire by 23 or you are a looser. Just my opinion but lol not a millionaire by 23 it’s just embarrassing..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I always thought convertibles are for women and Targa tops are for men.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I was driving in my convertible mx5 today dressed up to the Max looking swarve in my suit and my cheap watch, on my way to pick up my new second hand aldi TV.

I'm diving along happy as Larry, not a care in the the world, and I see this wanna be, driving an old wrx, wearing a watch that was probably more expensive than his car with a sign saying I hate renters on the back.

I tooted my horn and yelled out 'g'day boosty' , he put his hand up beside his face and pretended he didn't notice me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So I was driving in my convertible mx5 today dressed up to the Max looking swarve in my suit and my cheap watch, on my way to pick up my new second hand aldi TV.

I'm diving along happy as Larry, not a care in the the world, and I see this wanna be, driving an old wrx, wearing a watch that was probably more expensive than his car with a sign saying I hate renters on the back.

I tooted my horn and yelled out 'g'day boosty' , he put his hand up beside his face and pretended he didn't notice me.
Fkn GOLD!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about an old Honda S2000 convertible, does that qualify as respectable?

It's old but they haven't made any recently
S2000 is a classic. Extremely respectable. Has real street cred. I wish I had one but few around with low km, have to be less than 50,000km. Don't you remember Johnny Tran.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How many km on your MX5? Maybe that's why I brushed you? I try not to talk to people with more than 100,000km, they might try stab me

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
S2000 is a classic. Extremely respectable. Has real street cred. I wish I had one but few around with low km, have to be less than 50,000km. Don't you remember Johnny Tran.
good good, just checking to see if you were crazy

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you can’t afford a brand new convertible Mercedes you must be a loser and can’t possibly enter the market with a less prestigious badge.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If you can’t afford a brand new convertible Mercedes you must be a loser and can’t possibly enter the market with a less prestigious badge.
C Class convertible good?