News Penrith Say Gould got Ivan Cleary sacking wrong and he now has the job for life lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Asks Tigers fans about the "greatness" of Cleary. They won and they deserve credit for that but I still think Cleary is an overrated coach who is lucky that they have so much talent there right now and these bullshit rules suited them perfectly.

Next season I can see then coming back to the pack with Ivan being exposed for the average coach that he is.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asks Tigers fans about the "greatness" of Cleary. They won and they deserve credit for that but I still think Cleary is an overrated coach who is lucky that they have so much talent there right now and these bullshit rules suited them perfectly.

Next season I can see then coming back to the pack with Ivan being exposed for the average coach that he is.
Your post don’t make sense. He is a good coach. He has coached them perfectly the last 2 years to match the new game style and there isn’t many others to do that. Cleary and Bellamy are miles ahead of any other coach.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your post don’t make sense. He is a good coach. He has coached them perfectly the last 2 years to match the new game style and there isn’t many others to do that. Cleary and Bellamy are miles ahead of any other coach.
He has a team of guns that have come up together through the juniors and 20s. He's a shit coach as proven at the tigers and panthers in his first stint

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith will miss the top 4 next year. Maybe even the finals. My bold prediction
Yh I think so too they got what they wanted a grand final now they will play normally and not grind in the finals I hope burton isn’t the same and naden

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha,depends what ur lifespan is I guess,Ivan's might only be one or two years.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has a team of guns that have come up together through the juniors and 20s. He's a shit coach as proven at the tigers and panthers in his first stint
The players play to his winning game plan and style. That means he is a good coach! Would take him in a heart beat as coach. We’ve been shit for too long all over the park

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got Nothing against Gould .. and im no Cleary fan but Gus has got some big decisions wrong in the past.. hes put players on big deals only to want them to leave later and then let go of players that he shouldnt have..

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh the Warriors made the biggest mistake. Ivan didn't want to leave but they didn't want to give him a longer contract. So they missed out on having his son as well lol....im sure he played for Mt Albert Lions or something.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit... We all know that in the NRL, unless your name is Bellamy, you have 1 or 2 poor seasons and you'll be looking over your shoulder.

Madge delivered Souffs premiership after 30 plus years and he still got the boot.
Paul Green is another example.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All fucking jerking each other off haha, they will turn on each other when their form dips lol they always do

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I believed at the time they sacked Cleary it was a mistake to do so and still do! He was a very talented coach back then and still is the difference is this time that his son is a gun of a halfback and will be an immortal and has saved Cleary senior somewhat, I always knew from the time Cleary left the Tigers he would win a premiership within a few years especially since he had his son as his halfback! It was inevitable really.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Wind the clock back Gus did not rate Rod Silva at the roosters and we end up grabbing him. Silva wins a grand final with us and killls it in the gf. Goes on to have a great career. Funnily enough Ivan Cleary ends up playing fullback for the roosters in the late 90s

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess they want Nathan Cleary a panther for his whole career and think keeping Ivan will ensure that happens.....