News Penrith forced to shell out big bucks to keep CRICHTON

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow! That’s serious overs. I hope he doesn’t have second year syndrome
Bro, 100% that's ludicrous! IF I were Panthers management, I'd say go if that's the kind of money you think you're worth. Clubs need to stop bowing to wannabe superstars. Sometimes you have to take a loss to gain in the long run.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The teachers pet is on 1m, his best mate May will get a big bump in his contract now this kid wants it all. Baz will be all over this and "help" the riff out i hope.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bro, 100% that's ludicrous! IF I were Panthers management, I'd say go if that's the kind of money you think you're worth. Clubs need to stop bowing to wannabe superstars. Sometimes you have to take a loss to gain in the long run.
He looked good in a team on a massive winning streak. I don’t listen to media figures because I know for a fact they are wrong 95% of the time but that’s just a ridiculous amount of money for him at this stage in his career

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow... you just cannot spend that sort of money for a 19 year old centre

a teenage Fitter who you envisage moving to five-eighth, ok... a Folau that has the potential to be a top class fullback, fair enough

Crichton though looks like he will stay in the three quarter line

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers should let S. Crichton go if he's demanding that much. He's worth 500k to them and it'll be a lot more harder for him and Panthers on the field next season imo (if they have to meet in the middle of rival offers, paying 550-600k isn't that bad, but still not ideal). For a bottom team I can see him being offered 700-800k, but we're talking about a team that just made the grand final and should be set at least for next year too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This reminds me of when Penrith won the comp in 2003 with a lot of their juniors. They mismanaged their cap after that and missed a great opportunity to build a dynasty.

I can see the same thing happening again as Penrith will have a target on their backs and could easily come back to the pack.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This reminds me of when Penrith won the comp in 2003 with a lot of their juniors. They mismanaged their cap after that and missed a great opportunity to build a dynasty.

I can see the same thing happening again as Penrith will have a target on their backs and could easily come back to the pack.
interestingly, four consecutive premiers in that period, the Knights (2001), the Roosters (2002), the Panthers (2003) and 'Dogs (2004), all won the wooden spoon soon thereafter --> Knights in 2005, Panthers in 2007, us in 2008 and Roosters in 2009