Penalty & Re-start counts in 2021

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At 12-6 when we had all the momentum after Thommo try, who else thought to themselves ‘we are on ref decision away from getting pumped’

Nek min sin bin and effectively game over

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow those are big numbers, the part I can't get my head around is how disciplined every team are against us only what a joke. I counted at least 8 more set restarts we should of got yesterday if the refs are consistent

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look a lot of the issues regarding the referees are because of our lack of quality and our position on the table. We can’t be naive to this fact. When we get better (which we will) these will improve somewhat.

BUT

Seeing Sutton stop in his tracks to listen to a sharks player and subsequently give them a penalty (accidental offside) blew me away. He was running to get their defensive line set for a change over until they said something

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow those are big numbers, the part I can't get my head around is how disciplined every team are against us only what a joke. I counted at least 8 more set restarts we should of got yesterday if the refs are consistent
Mate I have said a few times the refs have a preconceived idea of who should win the games. They are not biased against us but there is no doubt they officiate us differently because of our position on the ladder. Its not just us though. Other lower ranked teams also cop it.

The 6 again calls have only added to this

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's a bit of everything mentioned as the cause. One of the factor's is definitely the Ref biased. I have watched games where our team is pulled up on stuff and the other team not at all or not for worse indiscretions. And that's why 6 agains suck, open to corruption without a microscope.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Our attack is non existent. We cant motor up field like other teams, we have no dominance and the same dumb dumbs repeatedly give the oppostion procession.
We spend alot of the season trapped in our half defending so how else is it going to play out.
Napa, Hetho, Thomo always good for infringements.
Jacko good for giving penalties on our line.
I look at those figures I see ill discipline.
How many infringements Schoupp, Meanie made? Its usually the same blokes.
All clubs have to play within the stupid rules. I doubt there would be as much wining about refs if we were top 4 team.
Winners dont play the victim.
Even IF everything you say is true, I can name the same number of players in other teams who are just as bad or even worse. As for picking on individual players, Meaney 1 infringement, Schoupp no infringements, Hetherington no infringements, Jackson no infringements, even Napa and Thompson only had 2, interestingly so did Averillo, so hardly serial offenders in this game.

I look at the figures and see refs picking out our players in general, it doesn't matter which player, they just find one and penalise them. I must say I was very impressed with Hetherington's discipline, not one infringement, which considering how much of a target he is for referees is a damn good effort. In the top 20 most penalised NRL players we have one, same as Melbourne, how is it that the team who invented the most despised tackling techniques (grapple tackle, chicken wing, rolling pin, hip drop, crusher, crocodile rolls, cannon balls, ankle twists etc) continually get away with it?

To be frank it's impossible for Cronulla to be perfect and not give away one single penalty in 80 minutes in what was a contested game.

Winners aren't the victim, so there is no card for them to play.

Always a Bulldog

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even IF everything you say is true, I can name the same number of players in other teams who are just as bad or even worse. As for picking on individual players, Meaney 1 infringement, Schoupp no infringements, Hetherington no infringements, Jackson no infringements, even Napa and Thompson only had 2, interestingly so did Averillo, so hardly serial offenders in this game.

I look at the figures and see refs picking out our players in general, it doesn't matter which player, they just find one and penalise them. I must say I was very impressed with Hetherington's discipline, not one infringement, which considering how much of a target he is for referees is a damn good effort. In the top 20 most penalised NRL players we have one, same as Melbourne, how is it that the team who invented the most despised tackling techniques (grapple tackle, chicken wing, rolling pin, hip drop, crusher, crocodile rolls, cannon balls, ankle twists etc) continually get away with it?

To be frank it's impossible for Cronulla to be perfect and not give away one single penalty in 80 minutes in what was a contested game.

Winners aren't the victim, so there is no card for them to play.

Always a Bulldog
Fair enough, I was just giving my opinion on the matter.
As for picking on individual players, I was talking about this season not just yesterdays game.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Took us 3 games or so at the start of the year to get our 1st penalty of the season. Here we are again 3 games without a penalty.

Listen to Sutton call our players out of tackles on nearly every play yesterday. It was basically coaching the Sharks on where to run. If they actually took advantsge they easily would have put 60 on us. There were sets where he called atleast one player out of the play on every single tackle.

Our linespeed is non existent yet we get targeted for inside the 10 when the opposition is clearly pushing limits in that regard yet we struggle to receive a single restart for inside 10.

It just fucking stinks week after week.
It is the Greatest Shame of All...Some wonder why the game has been on the decline for years :frowning:

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I have said a few times the refs have a preconceived idea of who should win the games. They are not biased against us but there is no doubt they officiate us differently because of our position on the ladder. Its not just us though. Other lower ranked teams also cop it.

Totally agree

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't think it's the position on the ladder though because we have put up with this crap for at least 30 years now. It's WAY past time we drew a line in the sand & said:

PS I would LOVE to see Barrett give some of our players a spray like in the beginning of this video. They would be in tears curled up in the fetal position & crapping their pants.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos clearly didn't cop it against Panthers. That was 2 v 15, This is the third week in a row that on the cusp of us making a comeback and hitting the lead that we basically don't see the ball in the opposition half for the final quarter of the game.

It's utterly ridiculous and this comes down to our administration as well. If you consistently rollover and take it and don't say a word then this will consistently keep happening. Yes if you take it to the media or make a complaint it can potentially make it worse but it also puts a huge spotlight on the refs that are reffing our games and for them to actually have second thoughts instead of penalising us out of the game at every turn.