Penalty & Re-start counts in 2021

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Referees presiding over our games
Cummins Rd 1; Rd 3: Rd 9: Rd 18 (42 against-22 for)
Gough Rd 2: Rd8 (16 against -13 for)
Atkins Rd 4 ( 14 against -9 for)
C Sutton Rd 5: Rd 19 19 against- 15 for)
Klein Rd 6 (16 against -7 for )
Butler Rd 7: Rd 10: (27 against -16 for)
Chechhin Rd 11: Rd 15 ( 18 against - 13 for )
Noyen Rd 12 ( 12 against -6 for)
G Sutton Rd 14: Rd 16 (against 20 - 25 for)
Gee 17 (13-6 against)

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't blame the refs, they are under instructions and are doing what they are told. Though there is a few that delight in screwing us. The problem is further up the chain..... remember "if your team is ahead at half time".... and there's the issue.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If only there was a way to analyse the BS square up 6 agains/penalties at the back end of games that we get cause the game is already over.

Would probably make it 197 - ~80

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I think we can't be too critical of the referees. I think if we are constantly on the wrong end, there is a serious skill and athleticism deficit across our squad which we are trying to improve for next year. Which is why I am happy Barrett didn't do the classic, "we weren't on the right side of calls" yesterday. He was pretty honest with the stuff that he can't be held accountable for. Repeated errors in our own half, stupid penalties (Thompson's was a sin bin based of other's this year which is a consistent call), poor decisions at the end of the set (partially his fault for persisting with Avo at 7).

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see how we compare against the other clubs
Second worst

Roosters are the most penalised in terms of six agains and penalties. A lot of theirs are tactical though

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think we can't be too critical of the referees. I think if we are constantly on the wrong end, there is a serious skill and athleticism deficit across our squad which we are trying to improve for next year. Which is why I am happy Barrett didn't do the classic, "we weren't on the right side of calls" yesterday. He was pretty honest with the stuff that he can't be held accountable for. Repeated errors in our own half, stupid penalties (Thompson's was a sin bin based of other's this year which is a consistent call), poor decisions at the end of the set (partially his fault for persisting with Avo at 7).
Mate I think you can be critical. Yes we made some dumb errors but so did the Sharks. We didn’t get a penalty the whole game yesterday and we are constantly on the wrong end of lopsided penalty and six again counts

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate I think you can be critical. Yes we made some dumb errors but so did the Sharks. We didn’t get a penalty the whole game yesterday and we are constantly on the wrong end of lopsided penalty and six again counts
You're referring to one game when we have consistently been on the bad side of calls all year. Unless we specifically go through the game play by play I guess we will never know but one can assume that we are repeatedly on the wrong end for a reason other than the refs being against us. I don't buy that BS.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The records show we are badly treated by the refs
Yes we do make mistakes so does every other team
The referees are humans and do make mistakes but it's not a mistake when it is deliberate, how often do we see that ?
I am sick of political correctness, aren't we all ?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll be an interesting measure to see the infractions of our opponents in games prior and after the Bulldogs to see if they are just as infallible then.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Took us 3 games or so at the start of the year to get our 1st penalty of the season. Here we are again 3 games without a penalty.

Listen to Sutton call our players out of tackles on nearly every play yesterday. It was basically coaching the Sharks on where to run. If they actually took advantsge they easily would have put 60 on us. There were sets where he called atleast one player out of the play on every single tackle.

Our linespeed is non existent yet we get targeted for inside the 10 when the opposition is clearly pushing limits in that regard yet we struggle to receive a single restart for inside 10.

It just fucking stinks week after week.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember
If only there was a way to analyse the BS square up 6 agains/penalties at the back end of games that we get cause the game is already over.

Would probably make it 197 - ~80
the 3 restarts in round 1 against the knights all came in the last 10 minutes of the game when it was already over, that game set the tone for the year

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our attack is non existent. We cant motor up field like other teams, we have no dominance and the same dumb dumbs repeatedly give the oppostion procession.
We spend alot of the season trapped in our half defending so how else is it going to play out.
Napa, Hetho, Thomo always good for infringements.
Jacko good for giving penalties on our line.
I look at those figures I see ill discipline.
How many infringements Schoupp, Meanie made? Its usually the same blokes.
All clubs have to play within the stupid rules. I doubt there would be as much wining about refs if we were top 4 team.
Winners dont play the victim.