Penalties Killing us

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you did, you said exactly that, twice.

Always a Bulldog
If I knew what you meant here I’d respond accordingly, but no idea what you’re talking about.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If I knew what you meant here I’d respond accordingly, but no idea what you’re talking about.
Once more with feeling;

You posted "I believe it’s because we’re not big enough"
You also posted ""Have a look at the size of the pack Manly, Souths, Sharks, Canberra & Parramatta have, they’re pretty much big all over the park."

I then posted a brief comparison of the heights and weights of comparable players from other teams to prove that you were wrong, we are basically the same size, give or take an irrelevant amount.

Having lost that argument (ie; we are big enough) you then changed the subject to skill levels, rep honours and everything else to avoid the fact that your original post was factually incorrect.

Always a Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once more with feeling;

You posted "I believe it’s because we’re not big enough"
You also posted ""Have a look at the size of the pack Manly, Souths, Sharks, Canberra & Parramatta have, they’re pretty much big all over the park."

I then posted a brief comparison of the heights and weights of comparable players from other teams to prove that you were wrong, we are basically the same size, give or take an irrelevant amount.

Having lost that argument (ie; we are big enough) you then changed the subject to skill levels, rep honours and everything else to avoid the fact that your original post was factually incorrect.

Always a Bulldog
I’ve read quite a few of your comments to other TK members and you don’t ever seem to add much value, you seem more intent on trying to just get one up on people … that’s why I don’t rate your contributions on here.

Whilst I did mention size and weight, the focal point of that original comment was we need more power up front and especially from our centres, you were either not smart enough to pick that up, or you just chose to ignore that part.

I wasn’t expecting a d*** like you to go and literally compare measure and weigh some of the best players in the comp against our young blokes, proves how far you’ll go to get one up and make out you’re superior to others.

RCG, Haas, and some of the others you mentioned might be of a similar size and weight to some of our new blokes who are just stepping up to 1st grade, but where they differ is they’ve had years in 1st grade to train their body’s to have the much needed power they have, they’re seasoned players, our young blokes aren’t.

Whilst you may have compared weight and heights, you didn’t compare comparable players, you compared seasoned representative players to players who’ve played 2 or 3 nrl games ..

Comparing Pele, Hughes and some others who’ve played a couple of games, even though they maybe of similar weight and size to those seasoned representative players, was just plain dumb ..

Go start carrying bricks tomorrow with blokes the same size as you, but have been doing it for years, and see if you keep up with them or if you are as powerful as they are ..

You nit pick for ego & arguments sake ..

1 more egotistical d*** F*** to add to my ignore list ..

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CC has us competing harder and the refs don't like it. There's a correlation.
South's threw 10 forward passes and not on was called. Reed threw one borderline and its called. There's a correlation.
Most penalties conceded = conceded most tries. Correlation.
Our play the ball speed was a full second less than St Merge ptb last week where was our lopsided penalty count? We conceded more yet again. Correlation
Nice post and you are right. :-)

We do have a discipline problem and our handling is diabolical at times leading to more defensive effort...therefore leading to more chances of giving (or being hit with)penalties.

I have a look at the NRL website pretty much every week and take particular note of play the ball speed. We have one of the slowest, yet get little intervention from the refs and in defence our guys are called pretty much immediately meaning whoever we play gets a quick play the ball. Others have a better play the ball speed yet we get penalised. Sick of the inconsistent sin bins and penalties where we see certain "high profile" players from other clubs not held accountable yet we are. Yeah, sure we do some dumb things but we ALWAYS get picked up on it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Nice post and you are right. :-)

We do have a discipline problem and our handling is diabolical at times leading to more defensive effort...therefore leading to more chances of giving (or being hit with)penalties.

I have a look at the NRL website pretty much every week and take particular note of play the ball speed. We have one of the slowest, yet get little intervention from the refs and in defence our guys are called pretty much immediately meaning whoever we play gets a quick play the ball. Others have a better play the ball speed yet we get penalised. Sick of the inconsistent sin bins and penalties where we see certain "high profile" players from other clubs not held accountable yet we are. Yeah, sure we do some dumb things but we ALWAYS get picked up on it.
Broncos Storm and Eels all sit above us for ineffective tackles yet substantially below us for total tackles made. Penalties conceded are all alot less. Eels also have more missed tackles but somehow concede nearly the least amount of penalties.

Watching games I am not seeing any of these teams conceding nearly as many ruck penalties despite have a far higher ineffective tackle rate and in the case of the Eels also more missed tackles.

Eels averages
Tackles 320.9
Innefective 15.2
Missed 35.0
Penalties conceded 4.8

Bulldogs
Tackles 345.8
Innefective 14.3
Missed 34.9
Penalties conceded 7.6

Eels missed tackle rate and Innefective tackles are worse than the statistics point out as they make 25 less tackles a game.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The refs have too much influence on the game and it started with the 6 again bs, refs can put you under extreme fatigue situations.

Mahoney & Burton need to become the ref whisperers, they need to watch tapes of Cameron Smith on how he smooth talked referees.
They're too subjective (just what the ref feels like) and because of the heat of the moment can't put pressure on ref to be accurate or responsible.

I get why they were introduced, create more tries and to counter wrestles, but I was fine watching the game pre six agains, now it's too disrupting, you're thinking about lost or gained since agains for the tiniest unconfirmed things.

I'm totally against the six agains, when it was announced I had irks thinking it's going to create blowouts, make it even harder for underdogs, and wreck the battle of attrition. Rugby league games are nice too when they're not only flat out scoring but also defensively tight, a tactical and/or gutsy performance. Otherwise I'd watch basketball or touch footy.
Rugby league traditionally since inception has had rule changes to make the game a better spectacle, I just think the six again is against the spirit of the game.

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Won't change this week, with cummins and sutton plotting against us . . . I mean officiating

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve read quite a few of your comments to other TK members and you don’t ever seem to add much value, you seem more intent on trying to just get one up on people … that’s why I don’t rate your contributions on here.

Whilst I did mention size and weight, the focal point of that original comment was we need more power up front and especially from our centres, you were either not smart enough to pick that up, or you just chose to ignore that part.

I wasn’t expecting a d*** like you to go and literally compare measure and weigh some of the best players in the comp against our young blokes, proves how far you’ll go to get one up and make out you’re superior to others.

RCG, Haas, and some of the others you mentioned might be of a similar size and weight to some of our new blokes who are just stepping up to 1st grade, but where they differ is they’ve had years in 1st grade to train their body’s to have the much needed power they have, they’re seasoned players, our young blokes aren’t.

Whilst you may have compared weight and heights, you didn’t compare comparable players, you compared seasoned representative players to players who’ve played 2 or 3 nrl games ..

Comparing Pele, Hughes and some others who’ve played a couple of games, even though they maybe of similar weight and size to those seasoned representative players, was just plain dumb ..

Go start carrying bricks tomorrow with blokes the same size as you, but have been doing it for years, and see if you keep up with them or if you are as powerful as they are ..

Yep I agree. The times in which he supports someone’s comments as opposed to knit pick them is like chalk and cheese.

I like some of the info he posts but as soon as you mention something that is slightly , slightly factually incorrect he jumps on you like a dog with 2 dicks.

Maybe thats why he calls himself Twin Turbo….

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Ah yes, ad hominem, another one who can't debate the point, just give up and attack the person instead.

You lead the post with the we're undersized claim and you were wrong, it's that simple.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep I agree. The times in which he supports someone’s comments as opposed to knit pick them is like chalk and cheese.

I like some of the info he posts but as soon as you mention something that is slightly , slightly factually incorrect he jumps on you like a dog with 2 dicks.

Maybe thats why he calls himself Twin Turbo….
I don't believe his post was "slightly incorrect", it was totally and factually wrong and as such deserved to be critiqued.

Always a Bulldog

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The refs are pedantic when it comes to us and do not skip a beat. The most minuscule thing they rule against us, 50/50s so often are ruled against us, the way that try attempt from Woolford there 9 was replayed countless times when there wasn’t even a glimpse or a chance he ever got the line. Previous years you could suspect some calls were fishy but compared to now it’s blatant it’s almost once or twice a game there’s a piss poor call followed by 5 shitters, whether it’s due to ref incompetence or gambling agencies or even a combination of both it has to be abolished.

Though I will say one thing, yes there’s multiple penalties and calls in games which are bullshit however we haven’t done ourselves any solace. Off the top of my head there’s been 2 or 3 penalties for offside when Burton has kicked, and plenty of other low IQ plays. The thing that creates the tally is we shoot ourselves, either way some games the ref has it out for us you combine both and it gets ugly. If the pack wasn’t busted, Ciraldo has brought back players early King was at 60% that’s being generous, Kiraz is clearly still carrying the injury, JAC I doubt it ready though that’s more him wanting a return for Origin not Ciraldo. Culminate that with TPJ, RFM, Casey and Perham errors/penalties it adds up. Simple as take every chance, be clinical in other words stop playing like a low IQ side and refs won’t have a place to make these calls.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
They're too subjective (just what the ref feels like) and because of the heat of the moment can't put pressure on ref to be accurate or responsible.

I get why they were introduced, create more tries and to counter wrestles, but I was fine watching the game pre six agains, now it's too disrupting, you're thinking about lost or gained since agains for the tiniest unconfirmed things.

I'm totally against the six agains, when it was announced I had irks thinking it's going to create blowouts, make it even harder for underdogs, and wreck the battle of attrition. Rugby league games are nice too when they're not only flat out scoring but also defensively tight, a tactical and/or gutsy performance. Otherwise I'd watch basketball or touch footy.
Rugby league traditionally since inception has had rule changes to make the game a better spectacle, I just think the six again is against the spirit of the game.
My favourite one for the 6 again calls was against the Roosters. We didn't touch the ball for the first 14mins in 2020 matchup other than kicking off to them. It was ridiculous. At least they don't call it as much anymore.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just cant stand the inconsistency.
Blokes like LM get away with slapping players in the head cause for some reason the grub is painted as a brilliant human being.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My favourite one for the 6 again calls was against the Roosters. We didn't touch the ball for the first 14mins in 2020 matchup other than kicking off to them. It was ridiculous. At least they don't call it as much anymore.
How about when Rapana put it into touch last week and Raiders got the ball back after C Sutton said that we touched it?

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always hear the Refs yell out Reed because he either rushes in early or he’s offside and they instantly blow the whistle to penalise him

But when refs yell the same to other teams they let it slide?

It’s such bullshit

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need Arthur to point out that we are the most penalised team in the comp

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1683785726329.gif