Rumour Pearce

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T he rumour will not go away that Mitchell Pearce will leave Newcastle at the end of the season despite having one year to go on his contract. The Bulldogs, Raiders and Catalans in the UK Super League have all offered him big money, two-year deals

Buzz rothfield

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, he can't say he's over-tired from this season. Not like he's been on the park much

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s hilarious when journalists come out and say “this rumour will not go away”, as if it’s got any merit to it. Knights have already repeatedly said Pearce will be at Newcastle in 2022. Close thread.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see him going to the Raiders, I don't know if we have the $'s he's after.

The tigers are interested and will probably throw silly money at him for a couple of years if they can offload Brooks. They have money from Mbye and Packer too.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s hilarious when journalists come out and say “this rumour will not go away”, as if it’s got any merit to it. Knights have already repeatedly said Pearce will be at Newcastle in 2022. Close thread.
No rumour goes away if crap journos keep printing it

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield: "The Bulldogs have no salary cap left for 2022."
Phil Gould: "We have spent our cap for 2022."
also Buzz Rothfield: "Dogs offering big money for Pearce".

Does Buzz even bother to read what he reports?

If anyone wouldn't the Dogs be better looking at Corey Norman?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think there will plenty of movement over the off season , hope we are involved and can land some experience in the halves or at hooker
Plenty.... Brooks/Pearce/Flannagan/Benji, just a few recognized HB's in the mix.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus has already said we are full for 2022. Case closed just like this thread should be.
Gus justifies/twists his words.
If Elliot doesnt get the boot tomorrow, what if he stuffs up again in the off season leaving the Club with no other option than to terminate his contract freeing up funds.
Far fetched yes but thats just 1 scenario.
Anything could happen in the next 5 months.
That and the Club never reveal their hand.
Signing announcements always revealed out of the blue often with no-one in the know.
Barret couldnt squeeze any improvements out of the halves he had to work with this year.
I dont have any confidence that that will change next year.
No use building an RT charger with all the good shit and shoving a mini motor in it expecting it to deliver.
We need an experienced half if we want to start building some consistancy.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield: "The Bulldogs have no salary cap left for 2022."
Phil Gould: "We have spent our cap for 2022."
also Buzz Rothfield: "Dogs offering big money for Pearce".

Does Buzz even bother to read what he reports?

If anyone wouldn't the Dogs be better looking at Corey Norman?
Looking at Corey Norman for what ?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus justifies/twists his words.
If Elliot doesnt get the boot tomorrow, what if he stuffs up again in the off season leaving the Club with no other option than to terminate his contract freeing up funds.
Far fetched yes but thats just 1 scenario.
Anything could happen in the next 5 months.
That and the Club never reveal their hand.
Signing announcements always revealed out of the blue often with no-one in the know.
Barret couldnt squeeze any improvements out of the halves he had to work with this year.
I dont have any confidence that that will change next year.
No use building an RT charger with all the good shit and shoving a mini motor in it expecting it to deliver.
We need an experienced half if we want to start building some consistancy.
Yep for all of the rebuilding the knights have done they still suck without Pearce

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep for all of the rebuilding the knights have done they still suck without Pearce
Im not a big fan of the Pearce (mainly because of injury concerns and he isnt brilliant) but the fact is he is a half that knows footy, can steer, manage a game.
Thats better than what we have and would leave Burton to run a muck doing what he does best.
Gus knows better than me and would know all our deficiencies, hopefully he will get something sorted for next year.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of the Pearce (mainly because of injury concerns and he isnt brilliant) but the fact is he is a half that knows footy, can steer, manage a game.
Thats better than what we have and would leave Burton to run a muck doing what he does best.
Gus knows better than me and would know all our deficiencies, hopefully he will get something sorted for next year.
Yep I don’t necessarily think we should sign Pearce. The point was more so that they did a massive rebuild yet they only started to climb off the bottom of the ladder when he signed and their record is still horrendous without him.

But good halfbacks are pretty bloody rare and pretty bloody expensive. Chad Townsend is on $800k next year ffs.

I have no idea what the answer is. I just wish Flanno didn’t suck so much