Rumour Pearce to the dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not? It's quite clear that we need an experienced playmaker. Perfect fit for Burton.

Pearce has always been decent at club level. 2 years contract max until we develop our long term halfback.
Absolutely we should get him. Knights will pay some freight for 2022 and if we can sign him for 350-400k we have a bargain base price for an experienced quality no.7 ( compared to most halves ). His experience will be valuable.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely we should get him. Knights will pay some freight for 2022 and if we can sign him for 350-400k we have a bargain base price for an experienced quality no.7 ( compared to most halves ). His experience will be valuable.
Huh??? He signed a one year deal with the Knights in 22 for supposedly $450k. What are they chipping in??

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huh??? He signed a one year deal with the Knights in 22 for supposedly $450k. What are they chipping in??
Ok so we get him in 2022 for $250k and knights chip in $200k. 350-400k for 2023. Is that not a bargain for Pearce?

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was 500k as I remember them referring to it as a 50% drop in what he was earning. Made me think immediately he would look to get out.
you might be right, i just remember there was a comment on the rich list article. i recalled 700, but if you have a more vivid memory of 500 id trust you.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so we get him in 2022 for $250k and knights chip in $200k. 350-400k for 2023. Is that not a bargain for Pearce?
if they just signed him theres no way thats how itll go.
itll be a simple release. we match the mobey but offer 2 years instead.

pearce at 500 im all for.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
the more i think about it, the more i like it
a deeply experienced 300 game organising half thats still youngish for 2 years at half a rock or cheaper.

yaya

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a difficult one, they ve resigned JMK so he ll be in the side you d think, if we got Pearce, Averillo would be 14 but that means BBO would be out. I dont think we ll get Pearce, probably will be Burton 7 and Avo 6

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
its a difficult one, they ve resigned JMK so he ll be in the side you d think, if we got Pearce, Averillo would be 14 but that means BBO would be out. I dont think we ll get Pearce, probably will be Burton 7 and Avo 6
i disagree, because they is going to move on flanno by the looks and you bet your arse Wakeman will be moved on next. I stake my life on it uleh.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i disagree, because they is going to move on flanno by the looks and you bet your arse Wakeman will be moved on next. I stake my life on it uleh.
Yeah they will be moved on but what I mean is we ve signed JMK so he ll probably play, Averillo will probably play at 6, Burton 7 and BBO will be our 14

Reactions: ATT

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah they will be moved on but what I mean is we ve signed JMK so he ll probably play, Averillo will probably play at 6, Burton 7 and BBO will be our 14
Assuming that wakeman and flanno both go as expected.

Then it'll probably be like this:

6. Burton
7. Pearce
9. JMK
14. AVO/ BBO

Mounties reserves: Lewis for halves and deitz for hooker

You might even majke an argument to have both avo and BBO on the bench. bbo has only played 2 games though remember. Although he might make a name for himself at hooker.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

6. Burton
7. Pearce
9. JMK
14. AVO/ BBO

You might even majke an argument to have both avo and BBO on the bench. bbo has only played 2 games though remember. Although he might make a name for himself at hooker.
I just wouldn't like to see BBO or Avo dropped

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as I don't like him, Pearce would be a good signing, nothing above 500k thanks, but the big risk is he's now quite injury prone.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

6. Burton
7. Pearce
9. JMK
14. AVO/ BBO

Avo needs to go back to lower grades to learn his craft. He is still very raw and doesn’t have the vision of a half yet. Least in the lower grades he he can learn to kick and Hohn his craft.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe one reason is Pearce is a genuine organizing 7 and Benji is a 6. If we are to bring someone in I would hope its a genuine halfback.
Definitely see where you're coming from. I can't see it happening personally but stranger things have happened.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks but no thanks. Seems from outside a bad influence and he will stop junior growth. If looking for a half why not BBO? To partner Burton!
We have back up with Avo or Wakhem. Or who knows comming through mountys
In my opinion he’s not what we need at this time. Plus he’s getting a lot injury with age. Means tying up our ability to sign juniors comming through or forwards ie a hooker.
If smart leave 4 spots open. Gives us salary cap space for pop up players not expected and needed. Also enables us to sign some our juniors tgat make the step up not expected ie BBO at this tome