Rumour Pearce to the dogs

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's all to do with the price and his expected role. We have done this in the past with Kimmorley and Ricky Stuart. It was the reason we were looking at Shaun Johnson also.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do need to sign a 7 as Averillo is not the answer in that position.
Pearce could be an option for us at the right price . He is right foot kicker to compliment Burton and
With Burton possessing a good running game We could utilise Pearce as a director and distributor .In saying that we already have Flanagan on the books who can do all those things. Pearce best days are behind him as a few injuries have really stopped his strong running game. I would probably prefer to take a punt on Ash Taylor on a heavily reduced salary as his younger and has more future potential upside (wether he can produce it remains to be seen) or go in for Luke Brookes .

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We do need to sign a 7 as Averillo is not the answer in that position.
Pearce could be an option for us at the right price . He is right foot kicker to compliment Burton and
With Burton possessing a good running game We could utilise Pearce as a director and distributor .In saying that we already have Flanagan on the books who can do all those things. Pearce best days are behind him as a few injuries have really stopped his strong running game. I would probably prefer to take a punt on Ash Taylor on a heavily reduced salary as his younger and has more future potential upside (wether he can produce it remains to be seen) or go in for Luke Brookes .
Brooks and Taylor????? No way

Pearce is a no brainer for 2 years

After 2 years we have BOO at 7 and Burton at 6

Same thing what Gould did with Maloney-Cleary-Luai

Get it done Gus

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
anyone but this flog. btw don’t you love how the link here is only that his management have let us know he’s available lol. easy money being a ‘journo’ these days.

but seriously pearce can fuck off he’s worse now than he ever was and even that wasn’t any good. how he continually got picked for nsw is laughable.. just ask JT

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus via Zoom: everyone has a clean slate lads, let’s finish the year strong

Also Gus in private: Fk this rabble of a roster, ship Flanno to UK and someone get Pearce to call me
Bada bing bada boom! Like it lol

I dunno about this guy lots of experience on a 1 x 1 deal(at a reasonable price Knights pay about half)would be ok maybe.
Still a decent player and they fair better when he is on the park but I reckon he is nearly cooked too.

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
Better than Flanno at $400k would be Pearce for $400k for 2 years

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Receiving a phone call isn’t making a play. We need more forwards but I’d take him good player

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought last nights game was the game of the season
Thought about why
Both sides but especially Raiders defended like Dogs at their best
Their fans will recall that game in the same reverential tones that we do the 2006 Dragons game at Kogarah
Can’t wait til it’s our boys doing it again - and you know from everything Gus has said that it’s how he wants us playing
If that Hudson Young ever became available I’d give him everything to get him over here

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your right that was the best game of the year. Raiders v eels. It was brutal. Even sivo got hit hard alot, you don't see that often, hope future doggies players watched it.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought last nights game was the game of the season
Thought about why
Both sides but especially Raiders defended like Dogs at their best
Their fans will recall that game in the same reverential tones that we do the 2006 Dragons game at Kogarah
Can’t wait til it’s our boys doing it again - and you know from everything Gus has said that it’s how he wants us playing
If that Hudson Young ever became available I’d give him everything to get him over here
Agree about Young, awesome likely rep player of the future and also very good right now. I remember seeing him early in the season and thought we should sign him them. Someone (could have been Kempsey Dog maybe) said at the time he had just signed a new deal which was disappointing to hear.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm inclined to say no re Pearce given his age, injuries and his Michell Moses tendency to go missing in the biggest games. Admittedly I've never liked him so I'm probably biased too.

Guess you have to ask the question if we add him to our team next year will he win us a premiership in 2022 or 2023? If yes then maybe we should sign him, if no then I say pass.

It's what the Roosters considered when they signed Cronk, so they obviously felt they had less chance of winning with Pearce.