Rumour Pearce to the dogs

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus said that barrett can coach our young halves as he is the expert hence pearce not needed.
Fantastic! He's already turned one once in a generation prodigy into a superstar. Flanagan will star in 2022.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He can play both, doesn't need to be rushed into firstgrade and can spend some time between grades. A few of our players needed to do the same but were rushed due to a lack of talent and that shouldn't be as big an issue next season.

I personally see them developing him at 9/13 short-term and playing him in short spurts. He looked a lot better in the middle than in the halves and in a better side next season (hopefully) he might add that creative spark through the middle we've been lacking. He also can't defend on an edge at this stage.
He looked better in the middle, but was that due to him being a better dummy half than 7 or the Barrett structure? - camped out on the edge and barely touched the ball.

He can do both, but do we want to create another hybrid/utility player? He has all the tools to be Mitchell Moses calibre - I just want to see a bit of focus in the development.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When Gould brought Maloney over to the Panthers for two years to mentor their young halves, he'd won a premiership barely a year earlier, and another 4 years earlier.

In terms of bringing over a quality experienced half to mentor blokes like Burton, Avo, Wakeham, Flanno... Pearce has played and lost what, 2 finals games in the last 5 seasons? Brooks hasn't even played finals games.

No thanks to either of them. It needed to be Adam Reynolds or someone with similar level experience.

Given we aren't going to be able to get someone like that to join the squad for 2022, how about signing Maloney on as a halves coach? He is fresh off the pitch, let's get him or someone in a similar position to do the job of mentoring our halves from off the field, and Barrett can focus on the head coach role.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When Gould brought Maloney over to the Panthers for two years to mentor their young halves, he'd won a premiership barely a year earlier, and another 4 years earlier.

In terms of bringing over a quality experienced half to mentor blokes like Burton, Avo, Wakeham, Flanno... Pearce has played and lost what, 2 finals games in the last 5 seasons? Brooks hasn't even played finals games.

No thanks to either of them. It needed to be Adam Reynolds or someone with similar level experience.

Given we aren't going to be able to get someone like that to join the squad for 2022, how about signing Maloney on as a halves coach? He is fresh off the pitch, let's get him or someone in a similar position to do the job of mentoring our halves from off the field, and Barrett can focus on the head coach role.
I'm A fan of Maloney.

I'd even get him on match payments for 2022.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't know where I sat with this rumour, after watching yesterday's game its a big no thanks for me.

He was shocking, what the hell could he teach Burton at this stage of his career. He isn't a winner like Maloney was and he looks shot to pieces tbh.
I agree. Where was he when it really mattered? I didn't see the leadership that would take is to the next level. He may be experienced, but it looks like his career is quickly coming to a close. By the end of next year he will be cooked.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pearce used to be a decent club player, who’d struggle at SOO level. From what he showed yesterday, he’s now struggling at club level also. He can stay where he is thanks

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
7. MITCHELL PEARCE 3

The key for the Knights’ attack barely made an impact in the first half with zero try involvements, zero run metres and he missed five of his 14 tackle attempts in a horror opening 40. Dropped a kick-off in the second half adding to a woeful day at the office. Tough day for the veteran who was arguably his side’s worst to finish with two errors and five missed tackles with zero run metres and try involvements.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
7. MITCHELL PEARCE 3

The key for the Knights’ attack barely made an impact in the first half with zero try involvements, zero run metres and he missed five of his 14 tackle attempts in a horror opening 40. Dropped a kick-off in the second half adding to a woeful day at the office. Tough day for the veteran who was arguably his side’s worst to finish with two errors and five missed tackles with zero run metres and try involvements.
He’s meant to be an experienced leader, having played on the big stage a number of times. He didn’t deliver yesterday when the Knights needed him. Can’t imagine he’ll improve if he came for us, so it’s a no thanks from me.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fairness to Pearce, knights struggled to get out of their end all game, the only time they got to eels end was off the back of a penalty or dropped ball... eels aimed up defensively..

I'm all for Marshall for a year as our utility and have Averillo starting - inject Marshall and allow him to roam on the field. From what I heard anyway knights only willing to release Pearce early if its to Super league.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now with the Raiders to land the signature of the Titans Fogarty, I would assume that all the talk regarding Pearce's future would be placing us as firm favourites to get him if he decides to move from Newy & not go to Super League.

Even with his old man's links to the Tigers and although he has proven to be a bit of a clown in the past you'd think him joining the Circus at the Tigers would happen if it were his only option.

I think he'd rather stay at the Knights than link up with the well known Hard Arse Madge and an average team.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now with the Raiders to land the signature of the Titans Fogarty, I would assume that all the talk regarding Pearce's future would be placing us as firm favourites to get him if he decides to move from Newy & not go to Super League.

Even with his old man's links to the Tigers and although he has proven to be a bit of a clown in the past you'd think him joining the Circus at the Tigers would happen if it were his only option.

I think he'd rather stay at the Knights than link up with the well known Hard Arse Madge and an average team.
Titans have stated they will not release Fogarty before his contract ends at end of 2023

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hes fucken shit, people standards are really low here

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think we need on field experience. Someone to take the reigns when things start to go a bit pear shaped. It’s okay to sign all these coaches to help the halves but they need to watch it happen in real time against opposition.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone got the Daily telegraph story about Pearce meeting up with a rival coach???