Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No modern card will do 4K @ 60fps easily. GTX1080Ti is the best bet though.

Some claim 1080s in SLi can do it easily, but not all games support SLi (and less and less are supporting SLi).

FAR CRY 5 OFFICIAL PC SPECS FOR 4K GAMING @ 60FPS
4K 60 FPS CONFIGURATION:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 16GB
Resolution: 2160p @ 60fps
Video Preset: High/Ultra

Another good thread here re 4K gaming: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...isnt-enough-for-4k60fpsmax-settings-33392389/

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No modern card will do 4K @ 60fps easily. GTX1080Ti is the best bet though.

Some claim 1080s in SLi can do it easily, but not all games support SLi (and less and less are supporting SLi).

FAR CRY 5 OFFICIAL PC SPECS FOR 4K GAMING @ 60FPS
4K 60 FPS CONFIGURATION:
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
SYSTEM RAM: 16GB
Resolution: 2160p @ 60fps
Video Preset: High/Ultra

Another good thread here re 4K gaming: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...isnt-enough-for-4k60fpsmax-settings-33392389/
I'd avoid 1080s in SLI. It doesn't work properly and apparently it's only about a 10% gain in performance when it does work.

I love playing in 4k but it's not really worth it. Better off getting a decent 1440p monitor. I play most games in 4k but some games like AC:Origins can't run at 4k smoothly. In towns I can't even get 20 fps at 4k. So those games I drop down to 1440p and I barely notice the difference.

Most people will pick a 1440p 144hz monitor over a 4k monitor. Wish I did.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that might be the go actually. I guess the shopping begins

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough it's just that the more I read into it, the more I'm thinking that I wanna future proof myself for 4k gaming
Its like 4k tv bro its great when its on but 95% of the shit i watch aint in 4k .8k is just round the corner in the next 2 years so let every **** with more money then sense jump onto that ,by then 4k has caught up a bit and a fuckton cheaper

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like 4k tv bro its great when its on but 95% of the shit i watch aint in 4k .8k is just round the corner in the next 2 years so let every **** with more money then sense jump onto that ,by then 4k has caught up a bit and a fuckton cheaper
I had the highest Netflix subscription 'cause it had 4K. When the video actually played in 4K it wasn't that much better than standard. It does make a difference when gaming but when you're watching a movie there's not a major difference between 4K and 1080p. Not enough to bother paying a crapload more money for.

Gaming benefits from 4k but you get almost the same shit from 1440p so it's still a waste to go full 4k. They'll bring out 8k and every rich kid will rave about how they have it all while not being able to tell the difference between 4k and 8k.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally got around to properly playing Call of Duty: WW2. Have to say that the gameplay still suffers from the usual COD problems like sniping a guy 500m away who is running sideways and I don't have to calculate for bullet drop or distance, just aim at his head and shoot and it's a guaranteed kill.

That said, the story was excellent. Starts off a bit slow but relationships start building and you start to get to know the characters. By the end of it, it feels like Band of Brothers. Quite amazing in the end especially when they include some of the German POW camps at the end. They captured that perfectly too. The campaign is a bit short but I'd consider it perfect length. Any longer and it would just feel like filler.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Cosmic Psychos albums is out now

And for the Hard Rockers, Dead Daisies new album is out

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every time. This time I made sure I was in the right thread. Watched a few videos just in case. Then posted and once again, it's in the wrong thread. Either Google Android is messing with me, or my ISP has put me behind some funky proxy, or the mods are messing with me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man I am looking forward to this game. I was holding back my expectations 'cause the early footage looked too good but the reviews are coming back excellent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thinking bout getting the new htc vive pro :D
Same. Bit too expensive though. The Oculus is as good as the current Vive and half the price, but the Vive pro should blow it out of the water.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Loaded the Xbone after a few months of not playing it and nothing works. After days of trying to get it to work without it constantly saying, "something went wrong" or "installation stopped" on literally every game I tried to install, I gave up and I'm factory resetting the thing.

I love my Xbone but it's such a fucking annoying piece of shit. Jump on the PS4 after months of not playing and within minutes I'm gaming and enjoying myself. Xbone on the other hand requires me to jump through hoops to get it working. Typical Microsoft.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Xbone is currently downloading an update After 20 minutes it has downloaded 20% of the 44mb update.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loaded the Xbone after a few months of not playing it and nothing works. After days of trying to get it to work without it constantly saying, "something went wrong" or "installation stopped" on literally every game I tried to install, I gave up and I'm factory resetting the thing.

I love my Xbone but it's such a fucking annoying piece of shit. Jump on the PS4 after months of not playing and within minutes I'm gaming and enjoying myself. Xbone on the other hand requires me to jump through hoops to get it working. Typical Microsoft.
Is there much point of owning an xbone anymore? I know most of the exclusives are now on PC besides halo 5.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hacky is your XBOX a One or OneS or the new one?
External storage for games or not?
Does it update in standby?
On wireless or cabled internet?

Sounds like somethings screwed up in a big way...

Mines a One S with some games on the Seagate external XBOX drive. Updates in standby/deep standby I think they call it, and is wired to the network.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hacky is your XBOX a One or OneS or the new one?
External storage for games or not?
Does it update in standby?
On wireless or cabled internet?

Sounds like somethings screwed up in a big way...

Mines a One S with some games on the Seagate external XBOX drive. Updates in standby/deep standby I think they call it, and is wired to the network.
One S with games on the internal drive.

I factory reset it then it started downloading the update again. Took 14 hours to download 50mb. I thought my Xbone was fucked so I googled it and was flooded with forums full of people having the same issues. Turns out the Microsoft servers are having major issues right now. Microsoft is staying quiet about it but everyone is saying it was a major hack they're trying to hide.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe .. Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn I read something recently about a major subsea cable between AU and Singapore that got rooted up, and a decent chunk of data was being redirected down another pipe.

https://stevivor.com/news/xbox-one-slow-download-speeds-reported-many-players/

Australians impacted mainly and MS are looking into it.

Doubt it's a hack... probably a link down... as I don't know if MS Xbox services are hosted locally or not. If locally they'd possibly be in Azure.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe .. Maybe I'm wrong but I could have sworn I read something recently about a major subsea cable between AU and Singapore that got rooted up, and a decent chunk of data was being redirected down another pipe.

https://stevivor.com/news/xbox-one-slow-download-speeds-reported-many-players/

Australians impacted mainly and MS are looking into it.

Doubt it's a hack... probably a link down... as I don't know if MS Xbox services are hosted locally or not. If locally they'd possibly be in Azure.
Sounds about right. We use Microsoft CRM at work which has been running like shit too but it's a shit CRM so I take any problems with a grain of salt.