Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. But they're good. The ones they sell at EB games are good too. The most important part I'd that they add grip and a larger diameter than the thumbsticks which makes it much easier on your fingers.
True, i'll look into them. Probably worth the money considering how sore my thumb is, i even have a permanent indentation on it lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here for the racing sim fans ;)

Controlled using X-Sim and an Arduino board. You can also (apparently) do blinkers, hazard lights, hand brake, traction control on/off, etc etc.
Its endless what you can do and make , you pick up a few arduinos on line , all your buttons toggles and switches at jaycar for 20 bucks and away you go assign any button to do whatever you want. A mate made a seq shifter using an old pee wee 50 gearbox and pieces of junk he had laying around .
Id love a cnc router to make some nice display panels.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its endless what you can do and make , you pick up a few arduinos on line , all your buttons toggles and switches at jaycar for 20 bucks and away you go assign any button to do whatever you want. A mate made a seq shifter using an old pee wee 50 gearbox and pieces of junk he had laying around .
Id love a cnc router to make some nice display panels.
I pulled out the saw and drill to make some customisations to my computer desk so I could clamp my G29 racing wheel on to the desk and that was me done... kind of.

There is one more modification I need to make. Well, technically two. I need to make a support panel for the arm rest on my computer chair to hold a flight stick, and I need to make a platform stand for the left side of my computer chair to hold the flight stick throttle and the G29 gear stick. Then I'm done. Maybe.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, I need to modify my HOTAS using ethernet cables 'cause right now the maximum distance between the Flight Stick and the Throttle is about 30cm. Which is fine if you're just sitting it on the table or using it as a jet style flight stick (Joystick on the crotch, throttle on the left), but I need it for VR Space flight games where the throttle is on the left and the joystick is on the right. Around 50cm apart.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I pulled out the saw and drill to make some customisations to my computer desk so I could clamp my G29 racing wheel on to the desk and that was me done... kind of.

There is one more modification I need to make. Well, technically two. I need to make a support panel for the arm rest on my computer chair to hold a flight stick, and I need to make a platform stand for the left side of my computer chair to hold the flight stick throttle and the G29 gear stick. Then I'm done. Maybe.
Ive planned a whole racing dash , i need a joystick centre mount and side throttle.ill make a small flight dash and will uses 80/20 aluminum framing for overhead pannels. Once my motion platform arrives ill be able to plan it.
When i upgraded my pedals set ill be getting old mate to knock me up a 5 pedal set so i got racing and flight rudders on the outside im at the tip of the iceberg lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive planned a whole racing dash , i need a joystick centre mount and side throttle.ill make a small flight dash and will uses 80/20 aluminum framing for overhead pannels. Once my motion platform arrives ill be able to plan it.
When i upgraded my pedals set ill be getting old mate to knock me up a 5 pedal set so i got racing and flight rudders on the outside im at the tip of the iceberg lol
Next you'll need a VR set up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope triple monitors will do with all the button boxes i have planned if i went vr they be uselss
True. Unless you really replicate the set up well.

I was thinking of doing DCS in VR with this kind of set up.

Or this

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was curious if that was good. I have the elite controller but I'm not a fan of it. It's too heavy and the back paddles are annoying. They're in the wrong position for my hands. The position of the paddles along with the weight of the controller makes it so I constantly hit them when I don't want to.
The raiju has two extra triggers under the back rather than the 4 elite paddles. They are metal and sit very nicely on your middle fingers. I should add it only works with xbox with something like a cronusmax, its made for ps4. They have just released a similar controller for xbox but have changed the back to four triggers made of plastic I think.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Where have you been all my life....

https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

XB1/XB360/PS4 Cross Console Device Hub for using wheels (pretty much all the main ones) on ANY console!

I... AM.... SOLD!!

Well I would be if they weren't currently on backorder.

Means I can finally crack out the Driving Force Pro and use that for my consoles, OR use my G27 and racing sim (when complete) with consoles!

@rexest @south of heaven @Hacky McAxe Might interest you guys :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The raiju has two extra triggers under the back rather than the 4 elite paddles. They are metal and sit very nicely on your middle fingers. I should add it only works with xbox with something like a cronusmax, its made for ps4. They have just released a similar controller for xbox but have changed the back to four triggers made of plastic I think.

I like the look of that. The rear triggers look better. The thing I hate about the Xbone elite rear triggers is that they're always in the way so I end up removing them. These ones look like they stay out of the way.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking stoked my motion platform will be ready by Xmas. I was told when i get it not to fuck with the settings because if i juice it up to much it will throw me out of the chair unbelted lol .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking stoked my motion platform will be ready by Xmas. I was told when i get it not to fuck with the settings because if i juice it up to much it will throw me out of the chair unbelted lol .
How much does it vibrate ?? Might have more than one use ;)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much does it vibrate ?? Might have more than one use ;)
Love once ive got the butkickers in a lot.
The dude used to work for a sim company ans is involved in the real racing world .the rigs he makes are the same shit as you would pay over 15k for but without the cosmetic appeal

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking into direct drive wheels , i dont really have a spare 5k though lol.
images-3.jpg