Pay's post game press conference

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
That horse was Napa and he was on his knees after 10mins and looking for that water but Deano showed him a mirage of that water...

Reaction score
i was hoping he would get the sack tonight, but he looks pretty chilled and non stressed in that press conference, doesn't look like a man about to lose his job

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem with this society is that it is a blame culture. I would rather move every shitty player before the coach is moved on and see how that works out. What will be the point if we sack pay and keep half the squad?
The thing about sports is it's a meritocracy and a results driven industry. Always has and always will be.

If we're dead last in year three of a rebuild, and getting worse by the game then I fail to see how people can continue to justify Pay staying on? It's not like he hasn't been given a chance.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So it's Tolmans idea? Going against their plans? BUT continuing to pick him?
Every team and hooker does it, Tolman just isn't a dangerous ball runner. It's an easy option for the hooker. If it was Taupau or AFB (or Thompson) maybe he scores once every three games.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yet again Pay doesn't acknowledge that these results are unacceptable and continues to throw his current squad under the bus by continually talking about how we need to sign more players.

How about until that time actually doing what you're employed to do and coach the players to get the best out of them?

Oh that's right, because it's not his fault and we can't expect better.. Sorry.. Here I was thinking professional athletes and coaches should be held accountable and strive to improve when they lose 6 out of 7 games.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was hoping he would get the sack tonight, but he looks pretty chilled and non stressed in that press conference, doesn't look like a man about to lose his job
Pay doesn’t like the drugs, But the drugs like him!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
"yeah crawls..... We're just building, we're a young side you know" ...
Welcome back mate. Where you been?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a good look at our teams performance tonight. Seriously...all we need is a fullback, a couple of wingers with a couple of centres inside them, a five eighth and a half back, a hooker, a couple of props and 3 second rowers and we will be competitive again. Easy. Maybe an experienced coach wouldn't hurt either.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Had a good look at our teams performance tonight. Seriously...all we need is a fullback, a couple of wingers with a couple of centres inside them, a five eighth and a half back, a hooker, a couple of props and 3 second rowers and we will be competitive again. Easy. Maybe an experienced coach wouldn't hurt either.
It may appear as a joke but yeah, that sums it up pretty nicely lol

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This sums up my thoughts perfectly!!