News Payne Hass suspended 2 games and fined 10k

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So let’s say you do something really bad and refuse to talk to the integrity unit does that mean you only get a 2 week suspension and $10k fine instead of speaking up and getting hit much harder? Looks like a massive loophole.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You asked, I delivered.

Brisbane prodigy Payne Haas could miss NRL’s opening month for refusing to cooperate with integrity unit
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
Subscriber only

The decision by Broncos hierarchy has rocked their pre-season under new coach Anthony Seibold and continues the NRL’s summer of shame in the wake of off-field dramas involving Ben Barba, Dylan Napa and Jack de Belin.
The most interesting part of this article is that they have put Napa in the same breath as an alleged rapist and wife beater while also leaving out another alledged wife beater (Walker), alleged sexual assualt aggressor (Hayne) and others (Bolton, Musgrove... The list goes on). Napa's situation is not even remotely on the same level, its fucking ridiculous.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The most interesting part of this article is that they have put Napa in the same breath as an alleged rapist and wife beater while also leaving out another alledged wife beater (Walker), alleged sexual assualt aggressor (Hayne) and others (Bolton, Musgrove... The list goes on). Napa's situation is not even remotely on the same level, its fucking ridiculous.
FMD

They just mentioned the off season shame & mentioned 3 players.

Nothing more nothing less.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD

They just mentioned the off season shame & mentioned 3 players.

Nothing more nothing less.
Sure, but how do you compare something where he is the victim and yet leave out others who are in far more serious trouble? FMD.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sure, but how do you compare something where he is the victim and yet leave out others who are in far more serious trouble? FMD.
Don’t worry about arguing with ‘Kaz’. ‘Kaz’ is a big supporter of Matt Lodge and doesn’t find any issue with his actions in America.

A

Alexander the Great

So let’s say you do something really bad and refuse to talk to the integrity unit does that mean you only get a 2 week suspension and $10k fine instead of speaking up and getting hit much harder? Looks like a massive loophole.
Loophole until a dogs player does it. Then it will change and a example will be made of us.

Reactions: K E

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with the point. Should be indefinite suspension until he decides to cooperate

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only thing I can think is because there's nothing directly linking him to being involved, they've taken that course of action.

He wasn't charged by police, so nothing to really go off.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing I can think is because there's nothing directly linking him to being involved, they've taken that course of action.

He wasn't charged by police, so nothing to really go off.
Still not an excuse to refuse to cooperate with an nrl unit. Pretty sure thatd be part of his contract.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not an excuse to refuse to cooperate with an nrl unit. Pretty sure thatd be part of his contract.
Yes but rules enforced to Sydney clubs (other than the rorters and Souffs) are more so considered 'Guidelines' for other clubs and thus only 'recommended' to adhere to.
Like the Salary Cap.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All Haas had to do is, get interviewed by the Integrity Unit & use the Sergeant Schultz excuse.

untitled.png

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get this at all. He gets suspended because his family are a bunch of dickheads? Why would the NRL be investigating what a players family does? I must be missing something.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get this at all. He gets suspended because his family are a bunch of dickheads? Why would the NRL be investigating what a players family does? I must be missing something.
What an farce this is. I feel for this guy being a victim of the NRL'S incompetence. This has nothing to do with the NRL and is another example of just poor management. His family having an argument is there business no police were called.
This would be pressure from Beattie for sure thinking his cleaning up the game in fact his making things worse. Yesterday a rugby union player was reported being in the presence of bad company dealing with drugs. This happened apparently a while ago. He apologized and was told by the Rugby Union lets forget about it and put it behind us. Thats it all over ..... The more you go on about it the more headlines you attract.
If I was Hass I would be looking at his legal options has he has done nothing wrong.
Also this has got out off hand with the NRL since they came down unfairly on the Bulldogs for Mad Monday now they are paying for it. Greenberg and Beattie need to be investigated by their board and removed asap before the game is ruined completely. They are both complete failures.