Opinion Payne Haas

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Absolute fuckin’ weapon. Would be a nice fit at the Dogs. Bronx better lock him up coz if he goes on the market clubs will be lining up to give him Taumalolo money.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a million dollar player if fafita is worth 1.something and I personally rate him higher based on his work ethic.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd take Payne Haas over any prop in the game. He is only 20, can play 80 min if you need him too and will improve big time under a good coach.

No forward though is worth over 700-800k a season so that is the most I'd pay.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is a million dollar player if fafita is worth 1.something and I personally rate him higher based on his work ethic.
Fifita isn't worth 1m. The best strike second rower is worth probably closer to 700k imo. If he transitions to lock and it's a success than maybe 1m. Taumalolo is worth 1m (not the best season this year).

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Haas family live in Brisbane. But he plays for NSW. You could argue he wants to move back to NSW because he plays for us. Let's see if an offer of 900k a season makes him "homesick".
Certainly would make me "homesick"!!

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute machine but as was proven in 2012/2014, you can have a GUN foward pack and still come up short.

We need to nail the 1,7 and 9 positions at all costs... I hate emperor palpatine but i like his logic that a forward should never be on top dollars.

We've made a start with Flano, now time to break the bank on a hooker and full back...

Malla

Reaction score
Funny that he is on the cheapest (per year) contract of the above mentioned players yet he does triple the work.

Pretty stupid of him to sign until 2024 tho.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont want any of the current Broncos. Look hes alright but we can spend the money better elsewhere like hooker or another half.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd be stoked with Haas, but I'd also be throwing coin at Xavier Oates and Jordan Riki, able to negotiate with both of them now.
Yeah that Jordan Riki has massive ability. I would throw some coin at Katoni Staggs as our other centre (once the spine is sorted). Please sign us a good hooker!!!!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard recently from a good source he's only on 250K. If that's true releasing him to the Storm isn't about freeing up cap space. There must be some agreement - HOPEFULLY anyway

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard recently from a good source he's only on 250K. If that's true releasing him to the Storm isn't about freeing up cap space. There must be some agreement - HOPEFULLY anyway
You mean a player swap? What type of agreement are u eluding to.?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Payne Haas is contracted to the Broncos at $500k per year up until 2024.

With the likes of Lodge on 700k, TPJ 600k and Thomas Flegler on 600k, surely Haas would not be happy with 500k especially if his manager and clubs started to get into his ear.

What are peoples thoughts on throwing a 700k-750k bone to Haas for 4 years?

We have quite a few players off contract next year, which includes Britt, C.Smith, Roumanos, Ogden, To'omaga and Napa who is on 650k?!
It’s a nice thought and I’m sure we’d all love to have him at our club, but throwing big money at a contracted players just adds to an already rampant problem in rugby league with players breaking their contracts mid contract! So it’s a no from me mate.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Payne Haas is contracted to the Broncos at $500k per year up until 2024.

With the likes of Lodge on 700k, TPJ 600k and Thomas Flegler on 600k, surely Haas would not be happy with 500k especially if his manager and clubs started to get into his ear.

What are peoples thoughts on throwing a 700k-750k bone to Haas for 4 years?

We have quite a few players off contract next year, which includes Britt, C.Smith, Roumanos, Ogden, To'omaga and Napa who is on 650k?!
The broncos would have to want to release him, and he would want to leave. Pipe dream.