Payne Haas requests immediate release from Broncos

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think it was deserved the boos… he has a problem with broncos management not the club or fans… he still turns up every week with crazy stats
Good player but a shit human being

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Saint, Sinner, Shoosh: The one club that can afford Haas..... Anyone got this article from Daily Telegraph
Yeah it was the Tigers. Saying they are the only team with enough cap left over to fit him in for the remainder of the 2022 season.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it was the Tigers. Saying they are the only team with enough cap left over to fit him in for the remainder of the 2022 season.
I have abit of room left under my red cap bin.
He can go there.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been really hard’: Payne Haas breaks silence on release bombshell

Payne Haas has revealed where he’d like to play after speaking out for the first time since his shock Broncos release bombshell.

Haas’ current $800,000-a-year deal wasn’t enough for the Blues enforcer, with his new management seeking $1 million this season and $1.2 million in 2024.

Stream every game of every round of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free During Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free now.

Negotiations soured which led to Haas’ team handing in the request, which was flatly refused by Brisbane powerbrokers.

Now, the Broncos have hope of retaining their 22-year-old star after he came out and explained his first choice is to remain at Red Hill.

“I’d like to stay,” Haas said to The Daily Telegraph.

“It’s been really hard, it’s been a tough few days to be honest.

“I turned up here (on Friday night) to play against the Titans, so that shows I am here playing for my teammates and the club.

“That’s all that matters.”

Payne Haas was booed incessantly before the game. Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
Payne Haas was booed incessantly before the game. Photo by Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
According to News Corp, there is a view that Haas could walk out on the Broncos as his management turn up the heat in contract negotiations.

When asked if he will remain at the club for the rest of the 2022 season, Haas gave nothing away.

“I don’t know what happens now,” Haas said.

“I don’t want to talk about the release stuff. I’ll let my manager handle that side of things and hopefully they can work things out.”

In his side’s win against the Titans, Haas had a night he will never forget, with boos erupting from the crowd seemingly every time he touched the ball.

Now, Haas’ management are set to sit down with Broncos powerbrokers to resolve the huge $3.2 million contract saga.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is just trying to get more money from the donkeys close thread as you can read him saying he wants to stay at the donkeys

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is just trying to get more money from the donkeys close thread as you can read him saying he wants to stay at the donkeys
Stay lol…

after what he Haas done Lol. The donkeys supporters wont forgive. Stay or not he done the dirty and they will never forget.!!!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stay lol…

after what he Haas done Lol. The donkeys supporters wont forgive. Stay or not he done the dirty and they will never forget.!!!
He forgets, people are still struggling due to closures because of covid & because of his shit off field antics, he lost money & now wants the Donkeys to pay. All the while the supporters, put money aside to go to the footy & then have player throwing his toys out, because he himself cost himself 250k.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He forgets, people are still struggling due to closures because of covid & because of his shit off field antics, he lost money & now wants the Donkeys to pay. All the while the supporters, put money aside to go to the footy & then have player throwing his toys out, because he himself cost himself 250k.
It’s just greed, what he’s getting paid per year to do a job you also love i would be quite happy with that sort of coin, problem is it all goes their head. 22 years old and you demand more.. come on mate. You make 5/6 times the amount us people in our 40s do and it’s still not satisfactory??????

maybe in 4/5 years demand a little more, but the opportunity you have that millions could only dream of, be appreciative of the awesome life you can build for yourself. 30 and retired very comfortably. Have some fucking respect. Should be enjoying it. Not pissing fans off.!!

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good read! Would recommend! Needs more dragons and shit

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he leaves the bronco it will in my opinion be the dolphins. Heaps cash, Wayne and a marquee signing

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to News Corp, there is a view that Haas could walk out on the Broncos as his management turn up the heat in contract negotiations.
And the Broncos wouldn't pay him & they will make him sit out the remainder of his contract. He wouldn't be allowed to play in the NRL or Super League. And I would say Union would avoid him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bottled it because the fans booed him lololol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
it'll pop up again at the end of the season.