Pay unlocking Gems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuse whatsoever for not having your backup reserve grade No.7 in your 30 man squad.

Especially when you are pinning all your hopes on a physical and physologically scarred player who was unable to finish his past 3/4? seasons.

Then there was only JMK, Nu Brown and Frawley for the other halves spot. And even then 2 of them were meant to be hooker.

Pay relied on Frawley and Foran to be our halves for the 2018 season.

Pretty uninspiring coaching forward planning not to add your reserve grade 7, (who showed a lot of ability and promise also last year) to your Top 30 at the start of the year, under all those curcumstances with Frawley and Foran IMO. Done now so we move on but ...Pay fell short with planning there in that important position.
Lewis was not the back up no 7 bud. Nu brown was bought to fill that role. Lewis was playing in the centres. I like how yez all blame pay for things that were out of his control. Not thanking him for noticing these problems and fixing them. Loud mouth dickheads.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont believe we a still under cap pressure.. we just let go of 1.6mil in Woods & Mbye.. Eastwoods gone & Morris bros arent on our books for 2019

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And if cogger fires u will all jump on the back of it and start calling him goat. Then find something else to critisise the coach about.
Mate, I’m more than happy for Cogger to prove me wrong. I just don’t think he’s the answer. Last night our young halves played great. I say let them be our permanent halves. By the time they got 50 games under their belt they will be killing it. I think cogger is a downgrade from Lewis.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis was not the back up no 7 bud. Nu brown was bought to fill that role. Lewis was playing in the centres. I like how yez all blame pay for things that were out of his control. Not thanking him for noticing these problems and fixing them. Loud mouth dickheads.
I’m a supporter of Pay mate. Always have been

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of loud mouth dickheads...you can nominate yourself and your derision of Holland...oh and add hypocrite know nothing loud mouth as well bud.

Nu brown was bought by Hasler primarily as the dummy half, secondary halves cover, cos he didn't re-sign Lichaa bud.

Lewis came to us in 2016 and played 10 games at 5/8 before sustaining a season ending lung injury. He played 2017 in the halves. Prefers halves and considers himself a half and began the pre-season as half and only went to centre a few games into this season.

So at the beginning of the season when the Top 30 was being assessed, Lewis was the ISP 7 (or 6) and as such either he, or the other half in Cleeland should have been put into Top 30.

My critisism of Pay stands. It was an oversight and at least one of the clubs second grade back up halves should be picked and available to fill in for halves injuries in fg.

Pay is not immune from criticism or from fans pointing out shortcomings....pretty similar to your selective bagging of Holland which you see to think is ok. Get off your biased high horse bud.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m a supporter of Pay mate. Always have been
And I'm a supporter of Pay as well...seen first hand what he has done coaching in country NSW.

That does not make him immune from criticism...fans point out the players faults and the coach is accountable as well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The only issue I see with pay, and it’s only a minor one at that. He can’t coach. If he can learn to coach then we might be able to defender our try line.
Lol @ minor issue

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I'm a supporter of Pay as well...seen first hand what he has done coaching in country NSW.

That does not make him immune from criticism...fans point out the players faults and the coach is accountable as well.
Very true. Just think we won't know whether Pay can coach till he gets a stable team with a decent spine. I'm seeing little improvements that give me hope. Pay's still gotta prove himself but I think Lewis's extra 1/2 season in NSW Cup has done him good and been the right path, and timing, for him.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone bro? Lol
True! We should have saved the cash and signed Lewis and martin... if we lose those 2 guys then it’s absaloutly bullshit... cleeland for fucks sake looks better the cooger... why did we even sign this kid he has done nothing atall to impress anyone

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
True! We should have saved the cash and signed Lewis and martin... if we lose those 2 guys then it’s absaloutly bullshit... cleeland for fucks sake looks better the cooger... why did we even sign this kid he has done nothing atall to impress anyone
As someone mentioned before, he was a panic buy.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone mentioned before, he was a panic buy.
Panic? How stupid is that. And how stupid does our club look these days. Yes Lewis is only 2 games in his career but the kid has impressed me immensely in lower grades and he has impressed me with his 2 games so far. I can see this kid go far and been saying it for a while. His our answer to one of our halves we need. Foran is broken and doubt he will achieve anything anymore. Martin is another that other clubs will be throwing the books at. His a all rounder with footy smarts. If we let either go I will geniually be shattered

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kid needs work.
A lot of work. Crichton doesn't seems to be too bad and has shown some promise this year, he definitely shits on Montoya by a mile but then again who doesn't.

Haven't seen much of Meaney if he is anything like ponga I'll be happy if not why did Pay get him? You have Hoppa that covers the fullback role.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate you are a deadset idiot. First of all yes you we did lose all our first grade players, and they didnt leave for more money, they left for less lol. Our club is a shambles. Idiots like you that turn shit into cake, to make yourself feel better is what runs the club down to the dirt. Hence why we overpaid those duds to keep them. We didn’t get rid of them because they overpaid, we got rid of them because we got no money in cap to spend.Point is it doesn’t matter who we produce, we cant keep them unles they are overpaid and over pay or even compete at paying a player is something we cant challenge till 2021!!! Key word, and get it right mate, we cant keep these players at our club unles they overpaid. Our club is a shambles .....
Bahahahaha eat a fucking dick mate!!!!
If you cant handle people having a different opinion to you then dont create a thread!!!
I never attacked you i just said i thought you were wrong and provided reasons why. So stop being a fucking child and have a discussion instead of hurling insults.
Btw your wrong.

SuperMannn

New Pup
Reaction score
Bahahahaha eat a fucking dick mate!!!!
If you cant handle people having a different opinion to you then dont create a thread!!!
I never attacked you i just said i thought you were wrong and provided reasons why. So stop being a fucking child and have a discussion instead of hurling insults.
Btw your wrong.
I eat dick every day, i co-host the gay bulldogs fan social base. my opinion is not my opinion its fact its 100% right theres a difference. Wtf makes you think we can keep prince lewis if he demands alot of money, or if parra want to sign him. Do you think we can compete in the player market with the likes of parra etc

SuperMannn

New Pup
Reaction score
I dont believe we a still under cap pressure.. we just let go of 1.6mil in Woods & Mbye.. Eastwoods gone & Morris bros arent on our books for 2019
Mate, we are still paying half there salary to play at other clubs. Where u been u fckn idiot. Whats wrong with our fan base, seem to be the dumbest fans on the planet. Dumb dumb dumber

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate you are a deadset idiot. First of all yes you we did lose all our first grade players, and they didnt leave for more money, they left for less lol. Our club is a shambles. Idiots like you that turn shit into cake, to make yourself feel better is what runs the club down to the dirt. Hence why we overpaid those duds to keep them. We didn’t get rid of them because they overpaid, we got rid of them because we got no money in cap to spend.Point is it doesn’t matter who we produce, we cant keep them unles they are overpaid and over pay or even compete at paying a player is something we cant challenge till 2021!!! Key word, and get it right mate, we cant keep these players at our club unles they overpaid. Our club is a shambles .....
My understanding is they have to receive the same salary, no more, no less, until their original contract expires. I may be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.