Pay stands by his young halves despite Bulldogs' lack of bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah righto... You go tell the leadership group to get the fcuk out of your way when ur 4 games old and well see how that works out for you.

Watching the game for the third time today because fox league has nothing better to show. We look so good running onto Lewis's passes from first receiver in the first half. But there is section of the game in the second half where we couldn't finish off a set because Hoppa, Klemmer and Tolman wouldn't get out of first receiver! They were basically standing a metre or 2 in front of Lewis and WERE FLAT AS FCUK! Most depressing shit to watch.
That's the difference between a future superstar and a basic first grader. A real half doenst give a fuck who is surrounding him. He takes the game by the scruff of the neck and tells his forwards where to go and where to run..

And reason the forwards did that is because they dont have faith in their young halves. It was depressing to watch no matter which players u like or hate on the team.

Lewis and JMk hardly ever run to the line and put pressure. They just catch and pass. Watch the game a 4th time and forget about the other 11 players on the field. Watch exactly where our halves stand and their body language and their passing. It's not up to FG standard unfortunately. Lewis will get better but he isnt FG ready and being alongside JMK stutters his growth.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
My support for Pay is hanging by a thread. I really want to stick it to him but I can't.
I really don't know if it's the players that cannot execute or if it's Pay's coaching...I can't get a gauge on it.
I will reserve my judgement for next season.

I mean does he really tell them to go side to side all game or are the players just crap.
All they had to do last night was just play direct, hit holes. Eventually Parra would of cracked, but No, just dumb dumb footy.
Anyone can tell you too much passing before the line gets picked off easily in first grade, very easy to read.
The last thing a defender wants you to do is run straight lines at his direction, running sideways is easy pickings. Far Out!!
He also talked about aggressive defense but we haven't that from this pack for years . I dont think he has the players to play his style. Let's be honest this is the weakest spine in the nrl. Even with mbye and foran we are shit. We have the worst spine. No player in the backs can create their own break and out forward pack is unbalanced. We were a stale team unbalanced team with a master coach and we go zip. So let the club make the changes and we can judge pay we he has a semi decent team.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the difference between a future superstar and a basic first grader. A real half doenst give a fuck who is surrounding him. He takes the game by the scruff of the neck and tells his forwards where to go and where to run..

And reason the forwards did that is because they dont have faith in their young halves. It was depressing to watch no matter which players u like or hate on the team.

Lewis and JMk hardly ever run to the line and put pressure. They just catch and pass. Watch the game a 4th time and forget about the other 11 players on the field. Watch exactly where our halves stand and their body language and their passing. It's not up to FG standard unfortunately. Lewis will get better but he isnt FG ready and being alongside JMK stutters his growth.
Lol yeah because I need to watch it again.. He stands deep in first receiver and lays it off to the forwards or runs towards the line, engaging the line and then passes it. Both halves never had runners hitting holes or decoys last night or last week. Im actually bewildered about that considering we smashed the knights and the raiders with decoys and angled runs.

As the reason they don't have faith in their halves is because they have haven't had faith in their halves since 2012.

At the end of the day bud his learning and gathering all the experience he needs to grow. Cant wait to see him next to Foran because one thing he definitely needs is the balls to stand up like you said and that motivational talk Foran is good at.

His got what it takes to become a good first grader whether its in the halves or as a lock. He'll get there and be a sure thing week in week out.

You know what Moe, I want to watch a game with ya.

Last edited:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know what Moe, I want to watch a game with ya.
Why so you can watch someone put shit on a player 3 games deep into first grade trying he's best to carry an entire fucking team with no other play maker even on the field? :tearsofjoy:

Fuck me dead Lewis was the least of our problems out there last night if Foran was actually fit it would be a good combo. ***** on here need to give the guy a fucking chance acting like Maloney, JT & DCE came in at 20 years old and played as well as they do now.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah righto... You go tell the leadership group to get the fcuk out of your way when ur 4 games old and well see how that works out for you.

Watching the game for the third time today because fox league has nothing better to show. We look so good running onto Lewis's passes from first receiver in the first half. But there is section of the game in the second half where we couldn't finish off a set because Hoppa, Klemmer and Tolman wouldn't get out of first receiver! They were basically standing a metre or 2 in front of Lewis and WERE FLAT AS FCUK! Most depressing shit to watch.
I saw that too, it was so obvious even chennel nine commentators said that there is too much forward one out play they are tucking the ball under there arms then think about running from a standing start, also saw Prince throw a beautifull pass to J. Morris about a metre in front of him he was so flat footed he nearly dropped the ball so ends our whole night

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw that too, it was so obvious even chennel nine commentators said that there is too much forward one out play they are tucking the ball under there arms then think about running from a standing start, also saw Prince throw a beautifull pass to J. Morris about a metre in front of him he was so flat footed he nearly dropped the ball so ends our whole night
The worst ones was Lichaa persisting to hit Klemmer and Tolman twice in the same set and when Hoppa was basically standing on Lewis's foot to get the ball on the last. Hoppa got it and just ran 2m then passed to Jmoz on the last who shit himself. This shits got to stop and its upto coach to lay down the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.