Pay stands by his young halves despite Bulldogs' lack of bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will just be hard watching over this season, next season and 2020. Our current roster is totally constrained by the fact we have a locked in top 30 and an insanely back ended contract web that has reached its bite stage. I cant emphasize enough my hatred of Dib and Des whilst I watch ourcurrent team go around because they are the architects of this mess. The arses didnt't even have the dignity to apologize for the total fuck up they have created. In fact that village idiot Dib had an ego so large he had the audacity to rerun despite knowing what his decisions were harvesting. To me the entire key to us at this point is future recruitment so I pray that, whoever our current recruiters and talent scouts are, they have more ability than Cleal because that is the only glimmer of hope over the next 3 years. If we keep recruiting more bad decisions like Lichaa, Fualalo. Tualau, Priest, Holland, Frawley, Elliott etc then we are in a fucking world of hurt.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just cannot fathom at any level of Rugby League let alone at NRL that the halves do not own the attacking zone?

Lichaa continues to give the ball to our props

This is not a directive from Pay as he specified this issue after one of our many losses this year

This is just Lichaa preferring to give the ball to our props like it’s under 7s.
This is not a supporting lichaa post.... but where are the halves standing?? No where near in sight for lichaa or brown to pass to. Our forwards are standing at first receiver nearly every tackle. Even if cam smith was there, his only options are forwards or a back wanting a hit up.
JMK is utterly useless to the point it feels like we have 12 men on the field for 80mins and Lewis still green behind the ears, needs to step up, and boss the team around and tell our forwards to get out of the way.
The attacking structure is straight out of Haslers playbook.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is not a supporting lichaa post.... but where are the halves standing?? No where near in sight for lichaa or brown to pass to. Our forwards are standing at first receiver nearly every tackle. Even if cam smith was there, his only options are forwards or a back wanting a hit up.
JMK is utterly useless to the point it feels like we have 12 men on the field for 80mins and Lewis still green behind the ears, needs to step up, and boss the team around and tell our forwards to get out of the way.
Say what you will Moey but you have it BAD for Lichaa :grinning:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree

Biggest problem is Lichaa

Then our halves

Then everything else
I saw in some sets last night Lichaa barking instructions just as he was going into dummy half. Turning around finger pointing as he was getting to dummy half. Now wtf is this all about? Let the halves control the next play ffs!!

If the halves, as inexperienced as they are do not control the team then expect worse losses to come.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6. Brown
7. Lewis
9. Woolford (season gone. Try him)
14. JMK (can cover centre, half and hooker)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How about you implement better systems you dud? Literally sideline to sideline every fucking week with the same shitty block play over and over, fucking hell.
HOw do you know he isn’t?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOw do you know he isn’t?
Cause we’re running the same block plays. I don’t think our players are smart enough to do anything else other than what they’ve been told.

He isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. His use of the bench, his persistence with shit players like Elliot, priest and jmk. Jmk is a centre or a hooker, pick one but don’t force him into a role he is obviously very bad at.

He didn’t start Lewis early enough. Frawley leaked points... Lewis is solid defensively and I’d argue has a way better long kicking game. Yes maybe top 30 hindrances were to blame but the fact he didn’t even select him in the top 30 knowing that Foran was running on fumes is ridiculous. He picked jmk instead.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't rate Frawley at all but i have seen more from him than i have from jmk. Jmk is garbage. Also, an injured foran would have done more than these guys. A lot of people are saying retire foran. Oh god please don't because we will be left with these inexperienced guys that have no clue. A fit foran is still tops i reckon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't rate Frawley at all but i have seen more from him than i have from jmk. Jmk is garbage. Also, an injured foran would have done more than these guys. A lot of people are saying retire foran. Oh god please don't because we will be left with these inexperienced guys that have no clue. A fit foran is still tops i reckon
A fit Foran doesn't exist.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Point taken

But

Lichaa has been doing the same thing no matter who wears 6 or 7 over the years

-Reynolds
- Mbye
- Hokko
- Stanley
- Frawley
- JMK
- Lewis

If you catch a replay ( sucker for pain) early in the game we are attacking hard and Lewis bobs up both sides of the ruck

We earn a penalty and just in shot you can see Lichaa blow up at rookie Lewis and signaling him to fk off back to the edge

This is the set where he then hits Klem and Tolman consecutively to burn tackles 4 and 5

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have never had a DCE or JT (IN HIS PRIME) the closest we had was ennis and that took us from last to first

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our only hope is if Foran develops Wolverines mutant gene.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dean Pay, and several players of late have said that Pay has let them play less structured footy and play what is in front of them. Let's be honest, most of us on here were calling exactly for this same thing. Unfortunately when you have 2 inexperienced halves, lack of direction and structure from the coach leads to what we witnessed last night. Furthermore when you give open licence to Lichaa, he has been so brainwashed by the previous coach that he reverts back to rubbish short passes to immobile forwards. Last night was painful to watch. The halves will be better for the experience. If they had their time again they would kick on the last instead of running it.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Point taken

But

Lichaa has been doing the same thing no matter who wears 6 or 7 over the years

-Reynolds
- Mbye
- Hokko
- Stanley
- Frawley
- JMK
- Lewis

If you catch a replay ( sucker for pain) early in the game we are attacking hard and Lewis bobs up both sides of the ruck

We earn a penalty and just in shot you can see Lichaa blow up at rookie Lewis and signaling him to fk off back to the edge

This is the set where he then hits Klem and Tolman consecutively to burn tackles 4 and 5
Nailed it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No where near in sight of Lichaa? Ummm I think everyone saw Lewis throws his arms up in the air when they had parra shot to the right yet he decided to go to Tolman.

Lichaa is just like farah, does what he wants when he wants.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="KLil, post: 3392196, member: 16599"
Lichaa is just like farah, does what he wants when he wants.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand Farrah and can't believe I'm actually saying this but at least Farrah has vision and can pass off the ground and provide effective service out of DH.

Ugh, I feel.dirty now, gonna take a big shower I think

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your pay bashing is getting old. You blamed Reynolds for years, yet hasler never once entered your mind. We all hate where we are at, but if you expected massive change after 4years of pathetic super coach misguided agenda than you have bigger issues than the bulldogs mate.
My support for Pay is hanging by a thread. I really want to stick it to him but I can't.
I really don't know if it's the players that cannot execute or if it's Pay's coaching...I can't get a gauge on it.
I will reserve my judgement for next season.

I mean does he really tell them to go side to side all game or are the players just crap.
All they had to do last night was just play direct, hit holes. Eventually Parra would of cracked, but No, just dumb dumb footy.
Anyone can tell you too much passing before the line gets picked off easily in first grade, very easy to read.
The last thing a defender wants you to do is run straight lines at his direction, running sideways is easy pickings. Far Out!!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Des's Roster
2. Salary cap restrictions means we are stuck with current 30
3. Stuck with plods for 2018.
4. Pay & Co. better do a fucking shmick job on who is our top 30 in 2019
5. In 2019 I don't want the following names in our top 30; Lichaa, Elliott, Frawley, Tualau, Fualalo, Holland & Montoya. They have all had their shot and failed.
6. I am holding up on my criticism on Pay because nobody can coach skill and talent into the plods I named above. Nobody.
7. Our recruiters and scouts better do a fucking schmick job on juniors and new signings.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IF Foran can get fit.... Foran and Lewis are up there with the best passes in the game and would love to see what they can do with a shift. Just need a hooker that can deliver the ball quick from the ruck and quick FB that can chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.