Pay puts the fight in the Dog

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
One thing I will give Pay is that he has the 'squad' fighting. Punching above their weight if you will. There is no doubt that we are lacking game breaking talent, but we will win plenty of games this year despite being outclassed and up against the voldermorts.

Take it as gospel that at the back end of the Hasler era players were willingly categorizing themselves as part of the 'injured' brigade and laughing about it.
Think turning up to rehab and using physical quotation marks with your fingers and the squad laughing and jesting "oh your on the 'injured' list now to bro, haha. Haslers madness and methodology and the downhill spiral of constant retention gaffs had the squad reeling in a state of 'des'pondance.

For a rookie coach to come in with a already well depleted squad then lose Klemmer, Graham and the Morris bros and miraculously avoid the wooden spoon is an achievement in itself.

I am offside with alot of Pays selections but he is trying to instill a level of effort and accountability across the squad and considering how far down the depths that Hasler and the previous admin had dragged us down to I think he has done a commendable job for the task he is given.

Lewis isn't the problem and Wakeham isn't the saviour, what we need right now in this transitional period where we are lacking talent is a whole club (squad) approach where the fans uplift the player's and the player's are uplifting each other. Not blame games and poor me attitude.

They have already proved they can punch above their weight and stay in the fight with a less talented team, so let's back the players we have and stop hoping, wishing and praying for a miraculous signing that we hope to turn our fortunes around but then bash when things don't pan out.

The Canterbury way is about having players fight for the club not having the club fight for prima donnas who want this salary and this position. Pay is trying his best to instill this attitude and I have to at least credit him for that.

The players are fighting for the right reasons!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No Lewis is defenitely a problem.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
No Lewis is defenitely a problem.
Trial form has not been inspiring. But let's not try and pretend that any one player in our squad would make any great difference to our fortunes. The most talented players in the league will struggle when they have no one taking the pressure off.

We need collective efforts not blame games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Trial form has not been inspiring. But let's not try and pretend that any one player in our squad would make any great difference to our fortunes. The most talented players in the league will struggle when they have no one taking the pressure off.

We need collective efforts not blame games.
No, we need to play an actual halfback at halfback, recruit/play offensively minded players and encourage players to express themselves and give them a strong system to work off.

This obsession with defence is fucking boring, selecting a halfback because he's a good defender is absolutely laughable when the team averages fuck all points a game. How about we implement some well drilled structured defence instead of relying on scramble defence and a halfback pulling off one on ones?

DWZ, Cogger, Lewis, Katoa...what an absolute disaster that is, there isn't a single ball player in that lot. Run hard, tackle hard, try hard....oh yippee.. then to top it all of Lewis is gifted the vital halfback position when he is clearly the least fit to execute the role and that has a massive ripple on effect for the rest of the side.

I'm over us trying to shit house our way to victory and showing very little ambition with our style of play, it's 2020 and you simply need to be able to score and put pressure on the opposition. Yes we're limited in what we can do, but not all these limits are set on us down to a lack of talent.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We faced last years grand finalists and 1, they had a decent squad that they put out, and 2, they had way more of the good ball and certainly weren't going easy, and it ended up two tries a piece... attack was certainly frustrating but I still think we're in for a decent season

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, we need to play an actual halfback at halfback, recruit/play offensively minded players and encourage players to express themselves and give them a strong system to work off.

This obsession with defence is fucking boring, selecting a halfback because he's a good defender is absolutely laughable when the team averages fuck all points a game. How about we implement some well drilled structured defence instead of relying on scramble defence and a halfback pulling off one on ones?

DWZ, Cogger, Lewis, Katoa...what an absolute disaster that is, there isn't a single ball player in that lot. Run hard, tackle hard, try hard....oh yippee.. then to top it all of Lewis is gifted the vital halfback position when he is clearly the least fit to execute the role and that has a massive ripple on effect for the rest of the side.

I'm over us trying to shit house our way to victory and showing very little ambition with our style of play, it's 2020 and you simply need to be able to score and put pressure on the opposition. Yes we're limited in what we can do, but not all these limits are set on us down to a lack of talent.
Breath **** ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Breath **** ;)
My heart hurts because all I see is repeat of previous seasons under Pay. I want to enjoy watching the Bulldogs play like I used to but I just fucking can't and I'm really getting over it.

Maybe this is all my fault for making a deal with the Devil, I just wanted to see Liverpool win the league but I never thought he would do this to the dogs :sob:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My heart hurts because all I see is repeat of previous seasons under Pay. I want to enjoy watching the Bulldogs play like I used to but I just fucking can't and I'm really getting over it.

Maybe this is all my fault for making a deal with the Devil, I just wanted to see Liverpool win the league but I never thought he would do this to the dogs :sob:
It is your fault

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yes, "a" problem, but not "the" problem, which is what OP said. One of many problems we still have right now.
Right mate, we just don't HAVE that game breaking talent right now and 15 out of 16 teams that don't win the comp will whinge whine and complain that this or that player didn't perform. We are not even in that category atm and if we can stick it to teams with a depleted squad it will be because of a United front not because of this or that player didn't provide 28 try assists. A united front could see us make the 8 a divided team could see us get the spoon. Let us stick solid with the effort players.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say what you will about katoa but he should've been on the bench at least and came on that last 20mins to try and create something. He is the only genuine 9 in our top 30 and can have a bit of attacking flair to spark some sort of try scoring opportunity.