Pay Free Pass 2018?

What indicates unacceptable performance by Pay as head coach in 2018?

• Free pass, wooden spoon OK

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Wooden spoon not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Bottom 4 not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Bottom 4 OK, so long as game Managment & player development improves

Votes: 59 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the excuses vs ??? about Pay’s performance as head coach even out now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I reluctantly chose the 4th option. I mean i'm not happy about a bottom 4 finish, but are we really going to start being a Club that sacks a coach after 1 season?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not his fault the NRL's agenda against us has cost us 4-5 games this year.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive got nothing against Pay, but we finished 11th last year with a worse starting 17..

The starting 17 has improved this year with mbye at fullback, RFM starting & a running hooker

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally his coaching performance I think has been poor this season so far, but he may improve with time. I do think he adequately identifies what the problems are but:-

1. Missed the off season.
2. playing Foran injured cost us at least two games.
3. Playing players like Montoya who just don't have the ability @ NRL level.
4. Bench rotation.

But defence is good. Certainly improved from the start of the season & after the first two games they haven't beaten by big scores.

Realistically we will have to see if Pay can improve the team next season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kids under 15 are the only ones getting NRL free passes

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally his coaching performance I think has been poor this season so far, but he may improve with time. I do think he adequately identifies what the problems are but:-

1. Missed the off season.
2. playing Foran injured cost us at least two games.
3. Playing players like Montoya who just don't have the ability @ NRL level.
4. Bench rotation.

But defence is good. Certainly improved from the start of the season & after the first two games they haven't beaten by big scores.

Realistically we will have to see if Pay can improve the team next season.
He also need to put up with Sharon woods and blatant cheating from the refs as well

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing if were in the bottom 4 at the same time next season then I would will probably want to see Pay gone and as he's only been signed for 2 seasons then next season better be a major improvement or it's bye bye, also players who aren't performing need to be put on notice, improve or your gone which includes ISP players as well.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tbh, we have had a bludger of a draw.
We only got touched up in the early rounds.
Close losses to souths tigers chooks sharks raiders and dragons.

They arent going that bad.

In my opininon we look better than parramatta titans newcastle manly and cows, probably on par with raiders.
Considering the shitstorm hasbeen left it in for dean to clean up i think he has done a fair job.
The only way is up, flick woods and mybe before 30 and grab some guys looking for a start, plenty out there.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering we have the most poorly balanced squad in the competition, I think he's over achieving.

A majority of our cap is currently being spent on players playing for opposition clubs and high profile players that are way past their best ..

But certain muppets will tell you we have a top 4/8 side LOL

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not on the Pay bus. I am reserving judgement at this point but there is 100% absolutely no point fucking him off this year.He's got a shit sandwich and no matter how much sauce us fans put on it, well it is still brown chunks.

Set your goals and plans in place this year and we'll see what you have next year.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our spine is going to get worse.

We have a make shift hooker.

Our halves are shit. Cogger wont offer anything.

I consider Meaney a downgrade from mbye.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay is clueless, looks like he's in the Meninga mould. Can get the guys up and committed, but really doesn't offer much other than that.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have a worse team than last year.

Woods is worse than Graham and Kasiano combined
Foran is worse than Reynolds

Why aren't we performing better with a worse team? lol

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I posed the same question a few weeks ago..
It's a tough one. With all the potential player movements at the club in the next couple of years, it's going to be hard for any coach to implement their own style or game plan.
As average as our squad is, I think Pay has a C- so far. Our attack is woeful but you can't imagine Pay coaches what we dish up every week. The last tackle options yesterday were under 8s standard. Put a kick in ffs!!!!
A part of me wanted the dragqueens to put 40 on us to see our response for the rest of the season but I must admit I was very happy to see us battle on, then ultimately lose another close one
Let's avoid the spoon this year (eels can have another one heehee) and hopefully Pay can get whoever the hell is on our books next year playing with effort and pride to wear the mighty blue n white!

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pay will be a successful coach for the club, remember we have lost several games by very skinny margens and at least 4 or 5 from dumb penalties by undisciplined players and poor decisions at critical times.
The woods penalty in front of the posts and Montoyas lack of common sense are two perfect examples.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll be happy with anything apart from the spoon.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay hasn't instilled the will to win in the squad. We started the year needing some confidence and that has never eventuated. Our form has been good enough to keep almost every loss within range of winning, but the team just doesn't seem able to nail wins. We don't have any players that lift the side when the chips are down and we need something to tip the scales.

We can't blame Pay for inheriting this squad, but he can be blamed for them not leading them into form yet. I don't think we'll sack him this year, but if by round 10 next season we're heading out of finals contention again I'd rate his chances of seeing out the season as very low.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
also don't forget half our current squad are either looking at joining other clubs possibly even this year or at the end of the season and then theres a fair few off contract and probably more interested in there future next year rather than busting themselves trying to win games since we are out of the final race.
The previous board signed Woods and Foran on mega bucks who have both been flops & yes Pay signed Priest but he probably only had loose change to use

If we offload Woods along with Mbye and maybe Foran retires we will have alittle more cash for next season but not a massive amount, 2021 will be our year as all the Des and previous boards fucked up contracts will be off the books and maybe Sutton will have retired

Status
Not open for further replies.