News Paul Vaughan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the Dogs were successful back in 2002-2006.

We had Asotasi, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, Ryan and SBW that put fear in teams in attack and defense. Then decade later we had Kasiano, Pritchard and Klemmer. After that our forward pack is like a bunch of poptarts...

We need some grunt and mongrel back in the forward pack.
When the Dogs were successful back in 2002-2006.

We had Asotasi, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, Ryan and SBW that put fear in teams in attack and defense. Then decade later we had Kasiano, Pritchard and Klemmer. After that our forward pack is like a bunch of poptarts...

We need some grunt and mongrel back in the forward pack.
so do you think these are good signings or not?

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi guys,first post on the kennel but long time doggies supporter for over 40 years.Read kennel everyday and absolutely love it ,great platform for everyone to express their views on our mighty club.I reckon Paul Vaughan on 1 year deal at right price could be a good move,would give us a bit of grunt up front that we sorely miss all to often.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi guys,first post on the kennel but long time doggies supporter for over 40 years.Read kennel everyday and absolutely love it ,great platform for everyone to express their views on our mighty club.I reckon Paul Vaughan on 1 year deal at right price could be a good move,would give us a bit of grunt up front that we sorely miss all to often.
welcome aboard man.

I agree entirely. 1 year to see how he goes on the field and see if he can actually stop being an A Grade Knob as well.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome mate.

As a 40 year supporter you wouldn’t be used to this mediocrity

Reactions: ATT

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so do you think these are good signings or not?
I don't mind if we sign Vaughan on a 12 month contract and TPJ for 650-700K 3 year deal to replace Napa. But we need to prioritise to sign another enforcer like Paulo, Haas or JT. Also, next year is critical as Papenhuzyen and Brandon Smith are off contract.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd rather we didn't pick him up and just pursued Joe Tapine first. However it all depends on whose got cap space etc and if we could get Vaughan for 300-350k I'd probably say yes

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Wollongong and can tell you that both Vaughn and Dufty only live a few blocks away from Barrett. They can all car pool lol so Baz can keep a closer eye on them that way.

Also, one of Baz’s best mates is Mary McGregor. So obviously Baz would have got all the first hand background checks from Mary on these 2.
Im guessing they live 5km apart from each other

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen it all Howie,good and bad.But once you got that blue and white running through ur veins it doesn't matter, we will rise again.
I am the same mate. 30 year supporter but never seen a period like the last 5 years.

We will come out of it but filthy about the neglect of junior development that has put us in this position

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find the whole suspension thing odd. He gets 8 weeks while under contract and then subsequently gets sacked. For me I think as long as he doesn't play again this year (which the NRL has that power via not authorising a 2021 contract) then if he signs one for 2022 then he shouldn't have to sit out for 8 weeks. All it's doing is penalising the next club. I mean he will miss the rest of the season already and then lost a few hundred k already? Thoughts?
So what is the penalty? 8 weeks or being sacked? I wouldn't imagine you could be penalised twice + the police fine.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither do I,but if it came down to either him or woods,I’d take a local boy first.
How did that go for him. Was going cause it was a winning culture hahahahah we are on the rebuild and Newcastle at best top bottom 8 side. Hope we win a trophy soon to rub it in all the players who denied us and walked out on us in the past.

On another note, dragons got our captain so it’s time for some love in return. Vaughn and dufty don’t even equal the same value as graham was.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We desperately need some forwards, last night was yet another example of us losing the field position battle consistently.

We always struggle to get out of our own half.
Isn't a 30m set good?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to give Brandon Smith a deadline. Give him a lucrative offer. Give him a week and if he doesn’t sign pull the deal and secure josh Hodgson for a year or 2 If we can.
Brandon smith is still under contract for 22. I think it’s up to the Melbourne to release him to take a deal with us. I reckon we won’t hear anything until November as we can officially begin talks.We need him secured for 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.