Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s completely reasonable injury permitted to think the now confirmed roster so far to make the top 8.

I don’t think they can compete with the storm or panthers healthy.

Though most other squads as they are? Absolutely.

Plenty of shit teams have turned it round. It’s also a completely different roster and every aspect improved. Backline and pack dramatically. Burton and dufty in the spine.

Yes 09 we did it. Some blokes like Hodgson ? Even Ennis was a journeyman 9.

Noddy was huge as was jmoz.

Anyway we can all surely agree our squad and recruitment has been as good as possible outside maybe missing leinu, Johnson and whatever happens with smith.

Dufty
Jac
Naden
Schoup/alomit
Cotric

Maybe cotric plays 4? Maybe allen forces his way in? Maybe avo plays centre if he can’t handle 6.

Burton and avo/bbo/Flanagan are options.

Jmk/bbo are options for 9 maybe if we land the signing we need we are set.

Vaughan
Thompson
Pangai
Rfm
Jacko

Bench with Elliott hetho Ava isn’t shithouse…. Certainly doesn’t show Stimson and Fucking waddle and Napa so dramatically galaxy’s ahead.

Anyway here’s hoping.
At the moment there are 2 excellent teams in Penrith and Melbourne.

There are 2 really good teams in South’s and Manly.

2 solid above average teams in Parra and Roosters.

8 bog average teams that could make the 8 but may as well forfeit if they get there.

Then Brisbane

Then us

It won’t take much to get to a point where we can compete for the 8. It will take a fair while to compete for a comp but the same applies to most clubs

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think middle of the table with the squad we have assembled is fair enough. Given we have had no luck with injuries and suspensions this year and still lost games we should have won. With a bit of a boost to the playing options why can’t we be in and around the 8. I think that’s a fair expectation. We can build from there.
Oh and you forgot the disgraceful treatment from the referees.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the biggest thing is if Trent can coach a side to be a top 8 .
I am certain if belly ache / Bennett / des etc coach the side , they will make the 8. Win the comp no because teams like Penrith / Melbourne / manly / south Sydney have a more experienced spine than us . Few years time maybe if flanno and burton keep on improving .
We have plenty of talent . He needs to be able to adopt them to be a set for set side and get in the grind . Onwards and upwards that’s for sure . Only thing that will hurt is it looks like we have cemented the wooden spoon for this year .

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is going to Jizz next year when Dufty grabs the offloads from the forwards only to either finish off himself aka "The general" OR pass it to JAC for the try!
then theyll hate themselves for cumming when teams slice through our left side and fullback defence

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
At the moment there are 2 excellent teams in Penrith and Melbourne.

There are 2 really good teams in South’s and Manly.

2 solid above average teams in Parra and Roosters.

8 bog average teams that could make the 8 but may as well forfeit if they get there.

Then Brisbane

Then us

It won’t take much to get to a point where we can compete for the 8. It will take a fair while to compete for a comp but the same applies to most clubs
Agree though example. Tommy goes down? Woeful manly.

Cleary? Panthers don’t look a shell. If he’s out no chance they win this year.

Bunnies losing some quality next season with Reynolds, sua, Gagai. Reynolds is huge.

Almost every club is on the decline like chooks, raiders, knights etc.

Regardless I agree we aren’t anywhere near storm and panthers. Though nothing says we can’t give it a crack and get up round the rest of the middle tier. Again injury permitted.

Sharks McInnes Haynes and finucane are good signings. Though still their spine is like ours. Has some great pieces like Haynes and McInnes (if he’s the 9) though who’s there 7? Who’s the 6? Moylan? Lol. Their pack and backline will be nice like ours overall.

Anyway he interesting to see us not at the Fucking bottom.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
6 out of the top 8 teams are pretty much already decided/guaranteed for next year. Do we have rosters better than the Sharks and Raiders next year to sneak into the 8 (even Knights at full strength)? I don't think we do personally. I have us finishing around 12th next year currently (9th-12th bracket really). Of course there's a small chance we can make the 8 (there's technically a ~1% chance we win the comp) but those aren't expectations. Before we start to see anything from our new recruits and results next year we can't keep falling for the same mistakes. If we go sign a quality hooker then I'd be more optimistic (still need to sort out our halfback position, whether it's Burton, BBO or someone else).
You do realise that;

There are 2 teams in the 8 currently who have lost 25% more games (10) than they have won (8).

Of course they have had more points scored against them (-40 and -46) than they have themselves scored.

That those 2 teams (St George and Cronulla) are teams that we have beaten this year.

The team running 9th, due to an even worse for and against record (-72), has the same negative win (8) loss (10) ratio.

If this year is anything to judge by, I think you are over estimating what is required to make the 8, by a considerable margin.

Like many on TK, you (the singular you) suffer from a "grass is always greener" view. You (the collective you) watch our games closely and wince at all of the mistakes and then watch the highlights of the other games and think "how good is this guy", but you don't see his mistake because they aren't shown in the highlights. Quite often as with many things in life, the grass is not always greener.

Always a Bulldog

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fantastic news Vaughan coming to the doggies.
He along with TPJ has our go forward sorted.
I think this Kid BBO could be our solution at 9 as well as working in with JMK now that we will have good go forward.
BBO is also a halfback so it might be an option to give him a go there and see what he can do.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree though example. Tommy goes down? Woeful manly.

Cleary? Panthers don’t look a shell. If he’s out no chance they win this year.

Bunnies losing some quality next season with Reynolds, sua, Gagai. Reynolds is huge.

Almost every club is on the decline like chooks, raiders, knights etc.

Regardless I agree we aren’t anywhere near storm and panthers. Though nothing says we can’t give it a crack and get up round the rest of the middle tier. Again injury permitted.

Sharks McInnes Haynes and finucane are good signings. Though still their spine is like ours. Has some great pieces like Haynes and McInnes (if he’s the 9) though who’s there 7? Who’s the 6? Moylan? Lol. Their pack and backline will be nice like ours overall.

Anyway he interesting to see us not at the Fucking bottom.
I think Manly are a bit better without Turbo than people think. They were woeful without him early but he had missed a few games since then that they have won. They have some gun juniors especially in the firwards

But I agree without him they lose heaps and same with Penrith and Cleary. Melbourne seem to just trot out anyone and flog sides.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
then theyll hate themselves for cumming when teams slice through our left side and fullback defence
So he's involved in scoring 5 tries and lets in 2, or we go with Knockonbore who just let's in 5. Defence can be taught, I'll take Dufty any day. People whinging when we haven't scored points in years, we sign an attacking weapon so whinge. FMD.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You do realise that;

There are 2 teams in the 8 currently who have lost 25% more games (10) than they have won (8).

Of course they have had more points scored against them (-40 and -46) than they have themselves scored.

That those 2 teams (St George and Cronulla) are teams that we have beaten this year.

The team running 9th, due to an even worse for and against record (-72), has the same negative win (8) loss (10) ratio.

If this year is anything to judge by, I think you are over estimating what is required to make the 8, by a considerable margin.

Like many on TK, you (the singular you) suffer from a "grass is always greener" view. You (the collective you) watch our games closely and wince at all of the mistakes and then watch the highlights of the other games and think "how good is this guy", but you don't see his mistake because they aren't shown in the highlights. Quite often as with many things in life, the grass is not always greener.

Always a Bulldog
There’s a lot like him on TK.
It’s because we’ve lost so many games in the last few years some of our supporters see no hope of a turn around. It doesn’t matter if you had the NSW state of origin team in our side they will still be shit in the eyes of some because they are wearing blue and white. I believe we’ve purchased enough to push for the top 8 next year. Now some idiot will come out and misquote me and say I said we’ll be a top four side.

Next year it will show us if Baz is a capable coach or not. He will have some good cattle to push for the 8. If we end up bottom 4 again then Baz simply can’t coach. It will be very telling.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So he's involved in scoring 5 tries and lets in 2, or we go with Knockonbore who just let's in 5. Defence can be taught, I'll take Dufty any day. People whinging when we haven't scored points in years, we sign an attacking weapon so whinge. FMD.
You're in for mad shock next season, then again you might just pretend everything is okay like the Featherington fan boys.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Every year since the top 8 positive f/a ends at top 6, sometimes maybe most times even positive win/loss.

That’s why every year, if you get on a decent enough run, every team is a chance at position’s 7 & 8.

They’re the lottery spots.